PDA

View Full Version : Health High Blood Pressure Medications

ecco66
19-06-2015, 17:10
Hello all!

Does anyone know if I can still purchase high blood pressure medication over the counter? Specifically atenolol, lisinopril, doxasosina and bbendroflumetiazida?

Thanks very much

ecco

Hepa
19-06-2015, 18:50
Very probably, best to ask at the farmacia, take your boxes with you iif they are in English

welsh wendy
19-06-2015, 20:11
[QUOTE=ecco66;472397]Hello all!

Does anyone know if I can still purchase high blood pressure medication over the counter? Specifically atenolol, lisinopril, doxasosina and bbendroflumetiazida?

Thanks very much

ecco

Hi
There was a thread on here a while back saying that they were stopping people able to buy British prescriptions over the Pharmacia counter. My husband was on some of your tablets & they wouldn't sell them to us last Xmas. Since then he's had a heart attack resulting in a triple by-pass. We are over next week and not taking the risk so he's got plenty coming with him. By the way he is so much better now. Take care. X

kurtfive
19-06-2015, 20:30
i take atenolol and i buy it all the time over the counter with no prescriptions about 3 euros , been to many and never been refused

primrose
19-06-2015, 20:57
Got Blood Pressure tablets last week .Atenalol and Ramapril.

welsh wendy
19-06-2015, 22:53
Got Blood Pressure tablets last week .Atenalol and Ramapril.

Good to know. I wish I could remember which one. He also takes Solpadol - would that be it.

primrose
19-06-2015, 23:16
Good to know. I wish I could remember which one. He also takes Solpadol - would that be it.

Solpadol are pain killers.

timmylish
20-06-2015, 21:47
Olmetec is usually freely (still has to be paid for) in every Farmacia and comes in all sorts of doses.

Ecky Thump
20-06-2015, 22:21
:
I ran short of enalapril maleate and had no difficulty in buying them over the counter.

tfs1
21-06-2015, 11:07
:
I ran short of enalapril maleate and had no difficulty in buying them over the counter.

I bought some blood pressure meds here in Valencia recently without a problem.

I think the general rule is that if you know exactly what you want they will sell it to you or even better show the empty pack/box but if you pop in and say I have forgotten my blood pressure pills and want some medication for it you wont stand a chance of getting it !

Ecky Thump
21-06-2015, 11:12
I bought some blood pressure meds here in Valencia recently without a problem.

I think the general rule is that if you know exactly what you want they will sell it to you or even better show the empty pack/box but if you pop in and say I have forgotten my blood pressure pills and want some medication for it you wont stand a chance of getting it !

That's exactly what I did, took the box along and Carol took her box of Warfarin along as well, as for some unknown reason we were both short of a five day supply........never trust a woman to do the packing!:D

ecco66
18-07-2015, 07:34
Thank you so much, I will stock up what I can! Much appreciated, kurtfive

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Wendy, I am so pleased that your husband is on the mend, my mum had a quadruple bypass but is fine now. x

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Primrose, I take so many I wonder which ones I can and cannot buy but those two are the mains ones