PDA

View Full Version : Other One up on Tenerife

EricN
19-06-2015, 20:29
Not often I can say that the North East of Scotland is better than Tenerife but this weekend is the time.
According to the beeb we have daylight from 4:22 to 22:08 a full 4 hours more than Tenerife at 7:10 to 21:06.
If you included the roaming in the gloaming and a lazy daybreak instead of the quick lights out in Tenerife it means I can walk home from the pub tonight in the daylight, even if I am lucky enough to find a lock in.

Ok I may have to wear my Parka and a wooly hat but daylight is daylight, just ask a raspberry.

Please note I will not be revisiting this message on December the 21st.

LUCKY
19-06-2015, 20:38
Not often I can say that the North East of Scotland is better than Tenerife but this weekend is the time.
According to the beeb we have daylight from 4:22 to 22:08 a full 4 hours more than Tenerife at 7:10 to 21:06.
If you included the roaming in the gloaming and a lazy daybreak instead of the quick lights out in Tenerife it means I can walk home from the pub tonight in the daylight, even if I am lucky enough to find a lock in.

Ok I may have to wear my Parka and a wooly hat but daylight is daylight, just ask a raspberry.

Please note I will not be revisiting this message on December the 21st.

Please average out the world daylight hours and you will see that all over this planet we have the same hours per year .I also noticed you mentioned Lucky in your post . :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

primrose
19-06-2015, 20:59
I miss the long daylight hours.It's only 9 o'clock and the sun has gone and I have just had to put the light on.

LUCKY
19-06-2015, 21:12
I miss the long daylight hours.It's only 9 o'clock and the sun has gone and I have just had to put the light on.

Do not be afraid @Primose for i am with you. As i have not had dinner yet on the balcony :flatcap:

blondie
19-06-2015, 21:13

yes I miss that too in Tenerife when we are there in the summer . As much as we love it there I think I would also miss the seasons not that I enjoy all four in one day sometimes that we get here .

primrose
19-06-2015, 21:16
yes I miss that too in Tenerife when we are there in the summer . As much as we love it there I think I would also miss the seasons not that I enjoy all four in one day sometimes that we get here .

I also miss the seasons.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Do not be afraid @Primose for i am with you. As i have not had dinner yet on the balcony :flatcap:

How can you eat in the dark? You could be eating anything.

LUCKY
19-06-2015, 21:31
I also miss the seasons.

How can you eat in the dark? You could be eating anything.

Carrots :feret:

tfs1
19-06-2015, 21:31
I am in Valencia, trying to type this on our terrace, its dark., loads of bugs flying by and looking forward to next Friday when we will be back in Tenerife for 3 weeks. 33c here today, the wife is watching Doc Martin and if anyone is interested our TV reception on our 1.9m dish is fantastic - better than we get in Tenerife !

imablue
19-06-2015, 21:35
21st on Sunday .. The Longest Day..... isn,t every day 24 hours..?
What does it for me is night time and daylight is quite the same throughout the year here. Think you become used to it...
Why would you want to be wide awake in day light at 3.00am in the morning and more to the point ..no sunshine ....:p

tfs1
19-06-2015, 21:39
The internal wooden shutters on all our windows mean that we haven't a clue what time it is in the morning unless you look at the clock ! or we get woken up by the farmers early morning spraying of his orange trees.

Sometimes during the height of summer they work through the night to make the most of the cooler times - more like a nightmare being woken up at 0300 by a farmers tractors with lights full passing our place !

imablue
19-06-2015, 22:21
I have whistling birds in the morning...

Tshirt
19-06-2015, 23:47
I have a goblin teas made [emoji3]

Carol55
19-06-2015, 23:53
I have a goblin teas made [emoji3]

Ooo, whose the lucky man then.:D

TOTO 99
20-06-2015, 10:55
Ooo, whose the lucky man then.:D

The farmer.......:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
20-06-2015, 11:21

21st on Sunday .. The Longest Day..... isn,t every day 24 hours..?
What does it for me is night time and daylight is quite the same throughout the year here. Think you become used to it...
Why would you want to be wide awake in day light at 3.00am in the morning and more to the point ..no sunshine ....:p

I am back here 15 years now and I still can't get used to the changes of daylight hours. I have had to but blackout material coz I was waking up middle of the night and not getting to sleep til really late.

I much prefer the Tenerife hours you know night is night and morning is morning !

Ecky Thump
20-06-2015, 11:28
I am back here 15 years now and I still can't get used to the changes of daylight hours. I have had to but blackout material coz I was waking up middle of the night and not getting to sleep til really late.

I much prefer the Tenerife hours you know night is night and morning is morning !

Carol put up blackout curtains incase she wakes up and sees me!;)

TOTO 99
20-06-2015, 12:45
Carol put up blackout curtains incase she wakes up and sees me!;)

I believe Timmylish has the hardest working blackout curtains on the island.....:vampire:

Ricman
20-06-2015, 14:10
Yes, longer daylight hours, the better to see the pouring rain & groundfrost in June.

primrose
20-06-2015, 14:18
Yes, longer daylight hours, the better to see the pouring rain & groundfrost in June.

It amazes me the comments I read on here, nobody having a good word to say about the uK but not many have the balls to make the move. If Tenerife is so wonderful why are you all still in the UK, I'm surprised Tenerife is not bursting at the seams.

macdonald5
20-06-2015, 14:39
It amazes me the comments I read on here, nobody having a good word to say about the uK but not many have the balls to make the move. If Tenerife is so wonderful why are you all still in the UK, I'm surprised Tenerife is not bursting at the seams.

I like Scotland primrose, great scenery,lots of friendly people etc but when weather is horrible almost all year now (coldest June recorded n 42 years) we are getting bit piddled off and see Tenerife as much preferred ,don't know if 'lack of balls' but permanent move not an option yet

Ecky Thump
20-06-2015, 14:48

I would miss seeing the Grandchildren growing up.:)...and my son borrowing my money.:D

Ricman
20-06-2015, 15:45
Primrose you been on the Thwaites dear ? Or are you a pal of TVs who also gets facts totally wrong ?
However I would not go back to England for a gold pig. And by the way I grew a couple of those bouncy thingies many years ago!

primrose
20-06-2015, 16:09
Primrose you been on the Thwaites dear ? Or are you a pal of TVs who also gets facts totally wrong ?
However I would not go back to England for a gold pig. And by the way I grew a couple of those bouncy thingies many years ago!

What facts have I got totally wrong? Isn't it you that have got the facts wrong, or have they opened a Thwiates Brewery in Tenerife?

blondie
20-06-2015, 16:21
I love Tenerife but could never move to anywhere other than where I am now . We were intending once we retired to come out for 6 weeks at a time but we have never managed it yet. Once our fortnight is up we are always ready for home but ready for back to Tenerife in a few weeks in the winter.

Ecky Thump
20-06-2015, 16:54
I love Tenerife but could never move to anywhere other than where I am now . We were intending once we retired to come out for 6 weeks at a time but we have never managed it yet. Once our fortnight is up we are always ready for home but ready for back to Tenerife in a few weeks in the winter.

We are now that we are retired (young::D) and financially able to afford it, we are up to four weeks at a time in Tenerife for at least three times a year, I wouldn't like to be away from the family at Christmas time and living in Ayrshire (Gods Country;)) and on the coast, where we get very little extremes of cold or heavy snowfalls don't particularly feel the need to escape for all the winter months.

blondie
20-06-2015, 17:46
As I have moaned about before , we had really bad weather in Nov, Jan and March which was really unusual I know but the amount of, mostly women,that we spoke to were so anxious to get home but still had another 2 or 3 weeks to go really made up my mind for me , yes 2 weeks at a time will suffice till either our health or our money runs out :laugh:

Sundowner
20-06-2015, 19:47
[QUOTE=primrose;472446]I also miss the seasons.
Is that the four seasons? Sherry?

primrose
20-06-2015, 21:06
[QUOTE
Is that the four seasons? Sherry?

I thought TV's wrote some rubbish, but he has nothing on some of you lot.

Malteser Monkey
20-06-2015, 22:36

I did and came back !

I'd miss me Mum and "our" 12 grandchildren

https://youtu.be/Uybtn6ebG0I

on a music trip primmy

Sundowner
21-06-2015, 13:44

You could try seasons in the sun!

primrose
21-06-2015, 13:50
You could try seasons in the sun!

:duh::duh::duh:

Sundowner
21-06-2015, 13:54

I love the UK and Tenerife! For different reasons. I don't think it is about the size of your balls:) but more to do with finances.

scotchmist
22-06-2015, 17:13
Finances have a lot to do with it without a doubt.