PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Buying an iPhone 6 in Tenerife

monet208
28-06-2015, 18:36
Has anyone any experience of buying one in Tenerife
In particular if there is any official Apple Store
Lots of the small electrical type shops sell them but can anyone tell me if they will work in the UK and especially are they unlocked and sim free
Thanks in anticipation of some advice

Megaloo
28-06-2015, 18:40
I believe Wortons sell Apple products Not sure if there is an apple Sore in Santa Cruz but I am sure someone on her will know

28-06-2015, 19:43
The main APPLE dealers in Tenerife are Banana Computers in Santa Cruz, website with addresses is here http://www.bananacomputer.com/Banana_Computer/Banana.html but you can also buy from Worten in Chafiras or Adeje but they keep a very small stock if any. Another outlet is Media Markt which is near the Carrefour hyper market at the junction of TF-1 and TF-2 (google their name and you will find a map).
DO NOT BUY from small, usually Asian owned, shops in tourist areas!

Susief23
29-06-2015, 05:37
One thing to remember with iPhone is that whatever sim you first put in then it locks it to that network.

information
29-06-2015, 10:08
if you wish to throw 600 quid away on a phone my advice would be to buy it from a shop local to where you live and forget about trying to save a € or two.

Never, and I mean never buy from any of these small asian owned shops all around the resorts as you will end up with a pear.

Megaloo
29-06-2015, 13:23
One thing to remember with iPhone is that whatever sim you first put in then it locks it to that network.

No that is not the case I was with Hits now with Movistar

29-06-2015, 15:19

definitely not true

grumps
29-06-2015, 16:02
Just a heads up there is a new jailbreak available for ios8.3 so you can unlock it anyway if locked.

Susief23
29-06-2015, 17:40
Maybe changed then since my last one. Had to get network to unlock.