PDA

View Full Version : banks

maybsusanna
30-06-2015, 22:56
I am moving to Tenerife in September. How do I chose which bank into which I transfer my funds to purchase my new home when I find one?

Greg
30-06-2015, 23:54
All the banks here are notoriously crap. You can do transfers from your UK bank to your lawyers client account. Keeping money in a bank here just isn't done. Even the Spanish don't trust them and bank the money for bills on the last day or first of the month. You've been warned!

maybsusanna
01-07-2015, 01:00
All the banks here are notoriously crap. You can do transfers from your UK bank to your lawyers client account. Keeping money in a bank here just isn't done. Even the Spanish don't trust them and bank the money for bills on the last day or first of the month. You've been warned!

Thank you for that information - I will bear that in mind.

ciderhunter
01-07-2015, 09:49
Bank to bank transfers are expensive. Use an FX (foreign exchange) broker. I use Currencies Direct as they have an office in Los Cristianos, but there are many others.

http://www.currenciesdirect.com/en/us

Bhamannette
01-07-2015, 12:38
We use Banca March which was recommended by our Estate Agent, never had a problem with them

Megaloo
01-07-2015, 12:43
I use Sabadell never a problem

Ricman
01-07-2015, 14:21
Sending you PM.

information
01-07-2015, 17:19
We use Banca March which was recommended by our Estate Agent, never had a problem with them

Best bank in Tenerife by a mile.

amanda
02-07-2015, 17:49
When we sold are house in the uk we used banco pastor, they had a bank in london, that we used to use they transfered the money overhere from the uk, at no costs the pound against the euro then was very high, the bank manager was superb, help us every step to purchase are property here

Ecky Thump
02-07-2015, 17:53
When we sold are house in the uk we used banco pastor, they had a bank in london, that we used to use they transfered the money overhere from the uk, at no costs the pound against the euro then was very high, the bank manager was superb, help us every step to purchase are property here

Here are the details......

Banco Pastor Office bank | Banco Pastor Office London - Bank Details
www.onlinebankfinder.co.uk/...London/159747-bank-Banco-Pastor-Office...
This is the Banco Pastor Office bank page. The Banco Pastor Office in London offers online banking, online saving, phone banking and more. We have bank ...