PDA

View Full Version : RIP - Chris Sqire

Martin_98.2
02-07-2015, 10:32
Hi..
Chris Squire recently passed away.. sad loss to YES and the music community. I've always loved the music of YES as they've got me through the roughest times in my life. I believe I have all of YES's albums and have seen them live twice.

I have a radio show on Atlantis 98.2Fm South & West of Tenerife on Saturday 12:00-15:00

Which 3 tracks written / performed by/with Chris Squire should I play in my show ?.

I'll "shout out" forum members names & mention the Tenerife Forum . Org in my show

Martin.

Medman
02-07-2015, 14:17
Hi..
Chris Squire recently passed away.. sad loss to YES and the music community. I've always loved the music of YES as they've got me through the roughest times in my life. I believe I have all of YES's albums and have seen them live twice.

I have a radio show on Atlantis 98.2Fm South & West of Tenerife on Saturday 12:00-15:00

Which 3 tracks written / performed by/with Chris Squire should I play in my show ?.

I'll "shout out" forum members names & mention the Tenerife Forum . Org in my show

Martin.

Hi Martin,

You will need more than 3 hours to play Yes albums !! .. :lol:

Although not right into Yes at the time, the two tracks (probably the most commercial) were Wonderous Stories and Owner of a lonely heart.

Keep on rocking

grumps
02-07-2015, 14:35
I met Rick Wakeman lots of times, as well as his son but that's for another day..I think you should play 'hold out your hand' from Chris's Fish out of water album. Just another suggestion would be yes's 'Yours is no disgrace'..RIP Chris Squire.

marbro8
02-07-2015, 15:12
Hi Martin,

You will need more than 3 hours to play Yes albums !! .. :lol:

Although not right into Yes at the time, the two tracks (probably the most commercial) were Wonderous Stories and Owner of a lonely heart.

Keep on rockingI remember buying the album with wondrous stories on it back in 1978 I think? But it was the only track I liked:lol: But a true classic and owner of a lonely heart was my second so good choices norm:wink:

DaveCull
02-07-2015, 18:52
"yours is no disgrace" is an early track that got me into Yes, brilliant stuff. Also "Roundabout", and their version of the Paul Simon song "America".

TOTO 99
02-07-2015, 21:13
Too many to list...The man was literally a giant.....Roundabout will never grow old but as said earlier, "Hold Out Your Hand" sums it up for me....I can see him playing it now.

Martin_98.2
03-07-2015, 00:03
Thanks all... good to know you're "out there".

So.. Roundabout, Hold Out Your Hand and Wonderous Stories it is...

Owner Of A lonely Heart, although excellent, seems to be THE ONLY Yes track that most "Local" radio stations have !.

Thanks again.. Medman, Grumps, Marbro8, DaveCull & TOTO99.... all being well tracks will go out @ approx 20-25 minutes to each hour & you & Tenerife Forum.Org will be mentioned :)

marbro8
03-07-2015, 10:50
Just watched a clip of yes singing wondrous stories on you tube, what a voice the guy had, bought back many happy memories:c2:

TOTO 99
03-07-2015, 10:57
Just watched a clip of yes singing wondrous stories on you tube, what a voice the guy had, bought back many happy memories:c2:

He still has....It's the bass player that died Marb....lol

marbro8
03-07-2015, 11:24
Lol ye I know I was just commenting on the singer:lol::doh:

Martin_98.2
04-07-2015, 13:03
YES is truly magic.... Innit :) I so miss the talent of Chris Squire. I particularly love YES (and seen them live twice) and if I was to have a personal TOP 6 of Yes :-

(6) Big Generator
(5) 90125
(4) Tormato
(3) Tales From Topographic Oceans
(2) Fragile
(1) Close To The Edge

What do you recon ?... BTW hope you're listening to my show !! :)

MSmith
18-03-2016, 14:50
Reading this has made me want to dust off some of my YES albums. Wil have to listen when I get home this evening.