PDA

View Full Version : Newbie coming to a shore near you

D-don
11-07-2015, 18:21
Hi all ,
Just a quick post to say hi from myself and the wife.
We are early 30"a relocating from Ireland to Tenerife . We are flying in on the 21st of July for one week to go view apartments etc . We are looking at Puerto De La Cruz . How is the ex pat community there ? .myself I am a qualified tiler and bathroom fitter and extensive experience in property maintenance and the wife is doing au pair work at the moment as she originally came yo Ireland to learn English so she is now fluent in English and Brazil Portuguese .

If anyone can point out a good property renter or private renter and what is work like at theoment in tenerife
Thanks for looking now reply :devil2::D

amanda
11-07-2015, 18:52
Work is is in dire straights think everyone posts that they are builders plasters or tilers here looking for work,

D-don
11-07-2015, 19:10
Work is is in dire straights think everyone posts that they are builders plasters or tilers here looking for work,

Well isn't it good my dad always taught me to dip my fingers in all the pies . Qualified also as a sales coach from dell computers and also kayak instructor . Ireland was in and still is a recession and when I went self employed it was a year into the recession and by relying on quality and hard work at (pay the bills prices ) I am doing well . Just the housing market here has made mortgages impossible for tradesmen .

Is it really that hard up over there for work ? Really interested to know why there is a lack of work

Thanks for replying by the way :-)

imablue
11-07-2015, 20:30
There seems to (just of late) been a re surge of activity in the building game. I can,t for the life of me see why? Speculation by some quarters maybe.
Fact is there are so many uncompleted projects ,lack of buyers, banks won,t release cash and general apathy, that the true picture is many tradesmen,bandits and hangers on are all in the same boat vying for work.
You will struggle to find a continuity of work here in whatever you may set yourself up for .
But the best of luck mate.