PDA

View Full Version : Other Is it just me or am I being thick ?

newbie1369
13-07-2015, 12:34
Its Monday....... And im having one of those blonde moments already.

Ive just returned back to the island after 7 years away. Im now divorced and have reverted back to my maiden name. Ive had to get a new NIE number to coinside wirh the change of name, however my old Social security number cannot be linked as it was a long time ago.

I am obviously looking for work however most places are requesting that you already have a SS number.

From memory....you could only get a number if you had a contract or a letter (in Spanish) with a job offer.

Is this still the case?

Advice required please.

warbey
13-07-2015, 20:22
Ive replied to bump the Post back to the top

Suire someone will know, or at least suggest an action.
Could this be linked with an NIE number...?

LUCKY
13-07-2015, 23:19
I also wish to bump this thread , :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Angusjim
14-07-2015, 06:41
I also wish to bump this thread , :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

As a mod you should know this is not allowed:nono:

TOTO 99
14-07-2015, 07:13
As a mod you should know this is not allowed:nono:

To be fair, he only said he'd like to do it...he didn't say he'd do it....:laugh:

Sundowner
14-07-2015, 10:37

Ive just returned back to the island after 7 years away. Im now divorced and have reverted back to my maiden name. Ive had to get a new NIE number to coinside wirh the change of name, however my old Social security number cannot be linked as it was a long time ago.

I am obviously looking for work however most places are requesting that you already have a SS number.

From memory....you could only get a number if you had a contract or a letter (in Spanish) with a job offer.

Is this still the case?

Advice required please.

Speak to Diana McGlone she will know!

Her website is...http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#basics

Good luck.

doreen
14-07-2015, 14:36

Is this still the case?

Advice required please.

newbie, you are indeed right - now you need a written job offer to get a Social Security number .... BUT, I would be worried that they say they cannot link your old number ... if they don't, it could mean you loose paro or pension rights already accrued, so yes, do contact Diana as recommended below.

warbey
14-07-2015, 21:02

I sent a Message to anopther Person who may know something.

No reply here as yet

So glad to see You are looking in sometimes doreen......