PDA

View Full Version : Cricket cricket team

bisciuts
13-07-2015, 14:50
hi guys
im new just joined first post
given the success of the england cricket team recently. i wish to know if there has been any discussion into playing cricket over here. there are two cricket teams at present playing here one is an indian team and one a pakistan team. i have been fortunate enough to have been invited to watch a few matches between them and they have been very enjoyable and played in and excellent spirit. the level is quite good , in my opinion it is equivalent to sunday league level back home. it amazes me to see that they are so well organised to the extent that the indian team has subs and a kit bag plus uniforms. they purport to represent tenerife as they call themselves the tenerife lions and even travel to different islands to play in inter island tournaments.
my question is why dont we have a team?
forgive me if we do as i said i am a newbie and perhaps we do.
i would very much like to join a english team of expats and perhaps play against these teams that are already established.
please correct me if we do already have a team.
if we dont then can we organise one to take advantage of this lovely climate
im quite happy to help in the organising
we have pool leagues dart leagues all sort of leagues why not cricket?
apologies if one already exists

LUCKY
13-07-2015, 19:50
I tried a few years ago to try and get the Yorkshire team to tour the island without success��

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?19951-Land-in-Tenerife-to-become-Yorkshire-s-4th-outpost