PDA

View Full Version : Other The Forums Future

Angusjim
18-07-2015, 10:30
In all TV's ramblings I remember him saying something about the Forum has not long to go before it will shutdown due to monies not being paid. The question I ask is can the current owners please confirm what the situation is regarding the future of the Forum, there are a few members who would be willing to ensure the Forums continues on but getting info is proving very difficult due to no response from Admin or the owners who have been E mailed thru the hosting company. I think the members are entitled to know what the future holds:tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
18-07-2015, 11:10
Yeah I don't wanna lose you guys n gals :crying2:

Angusjim
20-07-2015, 13:48
Can someone at least reply, even just to say keep yer beak oot its got nothing to do with you or anyone else:tiphat:
admin KirstyJay

Malteser Monkey
20-07-2015, 14:10
Can someone at least reply, even just to say keep yer beak oot its got nothing to do with you or anyone else:tiphat:
admin KirstyJay

You'd have thought with all these new Mods :whistle:

Moderator___
20-07-2015, 14:20
I don't know anything about this, I will ask when I next eyeball admin.

marbro8
20-07-2015, 17:49
Yeah I don't wanna lose you guys n gals :crying2:well if it is. then i would just like to say how much i have enjoyed the years of banter and friendship with everyone(well not EVERYONE:laugh:) you just never know? we may be here today and gone tomorrow???. it would be awful to think that we didn't have time to say goodbye:( xx

Leam_Lin
20-07-2015, 18:17
There's a few on the sidelines just waiting for this forum to fold, lets make sure this forum keeps going.

marbro8
20-07-2015, 18:20
There's a few on the sidelines just waiting for this forum to fold, lets make sure this forum keeps going.maybe subscription is the way forward:dontknow:. at least the owners should give us the chance:pray:

melm
20-07-2015, 18:29
We really never believed any of TVs other ramblings, so what makes you think there is any truth in this one?

marbro8
20-07-2015, 18:31
We really never believed any of TVs other ramblings, so what makes you think there is any truth in this one? because AJ is cleaver. and if he believes it:wink:

melm
20-07-2015, 18:33
because AJ is cleaver. and if he believes it:wink:

As far as I could tell TVs wrote nothing but rubbish...............just saying

Ecky Thump
20-07-2015, 18:50
well if it is. then i would just like to say how much i have enjoyed the years of banter and friendship with everyone(well not EVERYONE:laugh:) you just never know? we may be here today and gone tomorrow???. it would be awful to think that we didn't have time to say goodbye:( xx

Don't worry, while you still owe me a pint, there is no way that I will be here today and gone tomorrow, I will be the first one to greet you off the plane in Tenerife.:crylaughing:

TOTO 99
20-07-2015, 19:42
Don't worry, while you still owe me a pint, there is no way that I will be here today and gone tomorrow, I will be the first one to greet you off the plane in Tenerife.:crylaughing:

A pint?...you don't know how lucky you are Ecky.......

AJ owes me 287 pints........thank god we only met up the once....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
20-07-2015, 20:17
because AJ is cleaver. and if he believes it:wink:

Yes but he's a :scotland::whistle::cheeky:

warbey
20-07-2015, 21:20
A pint?...you don't know how lucky you are Ecky.......

AJ owes me 287 pints........thank god we only met up the once....:laugh:

I heard He is Tea Total....??

I hope this is another Tenerife rumour. Ihave been looking around these last few months, getting a little involved on Facebook

I don't think it compares with this Forum at all and I'm staying put.

I understand the Forum has a Twin on Facebook which I have joined (amongst others)
but it's not the same.

Others unfortunately do have some foul Language which I dislike

so Take Your pick.............................................. .

admin
20-07-2015, 23:33
I'm sorry I'm unable to get on the forum as and when an answer is required, but the forum is not only an administrator, it's general running is thanks largely to the fantastic moderation team that do get online every day between them.

However to reply to the subject of the thread, the forum is going nowhere. There are no financial or administrative concerns at all. I hope that puts your doubts to rest.

I probably will not be around for a few days to reply to any other comments on this thread, as workload and personal constraints prevent it at this present time. Thank you.

Admin

LUCKY
20-07-2015, 23:48
I have sent a PM to the Moderator over a recent thread that was removed, I hope to prove that i was correct in posting and that i may be allowed to re post a very sensible thread, It's the future of the forum, thank you all for kind PM's of encouragement.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret :

Angusjim
21-07-2015, 06:45
I'm sorry I'm unable to get on the forum as and when an answer is required, but the forum is not only an administrator, it's general running is thanks largely to the fantastic moderation team that do get online every day between them.

However to reply to the subject of the thread, the forum is going nowhere. There are no financial or administrative concerns at all. I hope that puts your doubts to rest.

I probably will not be around for a few days to reply to any other comments on this thread, as workload and personal constraints prevent it at this present time. Thank you.

Admin

Thanks for reply

Malteser Monkey
21-07-2015, 09:15
So looks like you gotta put up with me for a little longer:D

lynno52
21-07-2015, 09:47

Well thank goodness for that!:spin:

Ecky Thump
21-07-2015, 09:55

I suppose if that's the price of the forums survival, then we will have to accept the downside as well as the positives. :fpull:

Malteser Monkey
21-07-2015, 09:57
I suppose if that's the price of the forums survival, then we will have to accept the downside as well as the positives. :fpull:

Right Back atcha !:fpull:

LUCKY
21-07-2015, 10:19
I have sent a PM to the Moderator over a recent thread that was removed, I hope to prove that i was correct in posting and that i may be allowed to re post a very sensible thread, It's the future of the forum, thank you all for kind PM's of encouragement.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret :

Job done once again Thank you for your tremendous support. Including Mods and staff of the forum :flatcap:

Its been removed again

List of medical facilities/practitioners in Santa Cruz de Tenerife Province

Prepared by British Consulate Tenerife

www.gov.uk

21-07-2015, 15:40
It's all back up there now

marbro8
21-07-2015, 16:36
So looks like you gotta put up with me for a little longer:D:cry::crying2:..........:laugh:

warbey
21-07-2015, 18:38
I heard He is Tea Total....??

I hope this is another Tenerife rumour. Ihave been looking around these last few months, getting a little involved on Facebook

I don't think it compares with this Forum at all and I'm staying put.

I understand the Forum has a Twin on Facebook which I have joined (amongst others)
but it's not the same.

Others unfortunately do have some foul Language which I dislike

so Take Your pick.............................................. .

I have been barred from the other forum version.

Yay perhaps I may hear what ive done..?

It's all happening........................................a nd I sympathise LUCKY, well I would wouldnt I.....?

marbro8
21-07-2015, 19:03

It's all happening........................................a nd I sympathise LUCKY, well I would wouldnt I.....?:049::049::049: rock on warbster:laugh: away lets smash the place up:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
21-07-2015, 20:16

It's all happening........................................a nd I sympathise LUCKY, well I would wouldnt I.....?

Eh ? what where ? details please

Moderator___
21-07-2015, 21:59
Oh you don't want to know it's that faecesbooky thingy.

Moderator_
21-07-2015, 22:04
There's only one forum.

Erstwhile member Warbey cannot be banned from here. It's written in the dead sea scrolls. Which he helped to write!

Ecky Thump
21-07-2015, 23:10
It's all back up there now

Oh you don't want to know it's that faecesbooky thingy.

There's only one forum.

Erstwhile member Warbey cannot be banned from here. It's written in the dead sea scrolls. Which he helped to write!

Mods are like just buses, you wait ages for one and then three arrive together!:D

kingbaker
21-07-2015, 23:54
Job done once again Thank you for your tremendous support. Including Mods and staff of the forum :flatcap:

Its been removed again

List of medical facilities/practitioners in Santa Cruz de Tenerife Province

Prepared by British Consulate Tenerife

www.gov.uk

Serves ye right for brown-nosing.:p:p

Angusjim
22-07-2015, 06:45

Not a good role model for our younger members like MM & TOTO. I think the mods need to keep an eye on him:lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

There's only one forum.

Ah I know who you are now:eek::eek:

TOTO 99
22-07-2015, 08:53
Not a good role model for our younger members like MM & TOTO. I think the mods need to keep an eye on him:lol:

Ah I know who you are now:eek::eek:

Nice of you to correctly point out that MM and myself are indeed the same age......:lol:

Malteser Monkey
22-07-2015, 09:30
Mods are like just buses, you wait ages for one and then three arrive together!:D

Ohh bugger I was just lining the quotes up to say the same - great minds an' all that

Nice of you to correctly point out that MM and myself are indeed the same age......:lol:

This comment is totally untrue I am indeed younger than him - sounds like a Monty Python sketch now:wink2:

Angusjim
22-07-2015, 10:18

Admin

Glad to hear that there is no issue about financial concerns, but I think a few members have issues about the time it takes to react to queries / help tickets they raise, maybe this is something that can be addressed. But I see we now have Moderators that are expressing a sense of humour which is VERY welcome:whistle: as I felt that some replies in the past have been very " school teacher " like ( but in fairness sometimes justified ). I think all members want the Forum to succeed and we should ALL work together to help with the continued success of this wonderful Forum which gives info and hopefully a bit of laugh to both residents & holidaymakers. Lang may yer lum reek:c2::c2:

Malteser Monkey
22-07-2015, 12:33
Glad to hear that there is no issue about financial concerns, but I think a few members have issues about the time it takes to react to queries / help tickets they raise, maybe this is something that can be addressed. But I see we now have Moderators that are expressing a sense of humour which is VERY welcome:whistle: as I felt that some replies in the past have been very " school teacher " like ( but in fairness sometimes justified ). I think all members want the Forum to succeed and we should ALL work together to help with the continued success of this wonderful Forum which gives info and hopefully a bit of laugh to both residents & holidaymakers. Lang may yer lum reek:c2::c2:

Ohhh nooo not a reeky lum again - I though we'd cleared all that mess up :crazy::cheeky::mopfloor:

warbey
22-07-2015, 21:01
There's only one forum.

I haven't even got You as a Friend.! Doh.. yet?:D:D::o

(in this Incarnation of course)

Carol55
05-12-2016, 11:47
There's a few on the sidelines just waiting for this forum to fold, lets make sure this forum keeps going.

And some things never change.:wink:

And now none arrive!:whistle:

Peanuts
05-12-2016, 12:08
And some things never change.:wink:

And now none arrive!:whistle:

Well said Eric. :thanx: