PDA

View Full Version : Calais situation gets worse by the day

essexeddie
19-07-2015, 11:04
Its getting worse by the day and not much is being done about it.

Here is letter from a friend of mine that has just taken his car and caravan through the Channel Tunnel on route to Spain. He is not easily shocked as he has had a spell in the Army and thirty years in the Fire Service.

"Arrived in Spain after a very different arrival at the tunnel port in Calais.
The doors opened and as the cars started to leave the train we were mobbed by immigrants who stormed the train, they had cut holes in the security fences and were coming up the tracks in the dark right into the unloading terminal, all desperate looking black guys soaking wet some had no shoes, and all we had were the train driver and a young female attendant who worked on the train, it was like Rourks Drift. As the attendant said they don't need police they need British soldiers to protect them and the passengers, these are desperate people trying to get into England after locking our doors as instructed and waiting an hour the French police turned up and all the tossers ran away into the darkness and yes in my opinion mostly scum bag criminals... Can't wait for the journey home.
The train staff said that they had five fatalities this week alone, we were only told about one on the news in the UK, I just happened to have my dash cam recording at the time so I got some of it I think. You wouldn't want these guys as your neighbours I can tell you.
The fact that they can get right up to the tunnel entrance and start walking through the tunnel to England is very disturbing for all sorts of reasons."

It seems that the authorities are ignoring the problem.

delderek
19-07-2015, 11:16
I used to visit Calais regularly at weekends as a foot passenger via the ferry. We don't do it anymore due to bunches of these guys wandering round the streets. Economic migrants, Asylum seekers, Criminals, and probably some terrorists. Who can tell the difference?

ciderhunter
19-07-2015, 11:37
I used to visit Calais regularly at weekends as a foot passenger via the ferry. We don't do it anymore due to bunches of these guys wandering round the streets. Economic migrants, Asylum seekers, Criminals, and probably some terrorists. Who can tell the difference?

An accurate term is Benefit Seekers.

TOTO 99
19-07-2015, 11:55
Well there's certainly some reason they're risking their lives to reach the UK...

If it was just down to fleeing from their dangerous homeland surely they'd stay in France?

timmylish
19-07-2015, 12:03
Well there's certainly some reason they're risking their lives to reach the UK...

If it was just down to fleeing from their dangerous homeland surely they'd stay in France?

The Social is possibly better in the UK and in any event English is more widely spoken than say French, with the exception of Algeria and the like. I, in the apparent safety of living on Tenerife, can express my sorrow for both these poor people seeking any sort of life better than they have at the moment AND the forgotten residents and business owners of Calais. 40 years ago I seem to recall it being a pleasant little town welcoming cars with 'Ecosse' stickers (and its inhabitants) with open arms as an intro into the delights of France! Days long passed now, sorry to say.

essexeddie
02-08-2015, 13:12
Looks like its not getting any better. What is the answer. The government is trying to sort the benefit system out but I think its too late. I fear the worst.

Tshirt
02-08-2015, 14:12

essexeddie
03-08-2015, 13:42
We didn't listen and he was called racist. Now we have UKIP telling us and we are calling them racist as well. When will we learn. All we do is bow down to the whingeing liberal, lefty PC brigade. We will learn one day.

TOTO 99
03-08-2015, 21:01
This is the way forward..........Put The Fat Controller in charge of the Channel Tunnel..........:lol: