PDA

View Full Version : TITSA - Big Changes To Bus Routes

Tshirt
22-07-2015, 17:42
TITSA - BIG CHANGES TO BUS ROUTES

From Saturday 25th July 2015 the following changes will take place on the Bus routes.

TITSA SA (Titsa), a company of the Cabildo of Tenerife, returns to make a commitment to improve user services, focusing this time on the South Island. The new network will offer better communications to the South with a more regular connections, more logical and understandable; with higher frequencies; and more symmetrical paths in the twists and turns. This new venture will not only allow users, whether frequent or not, appreciate clearly the best route to reach the desired point, but allow more users to use public transport (globalization of the network).

The new network will continue to service the existing 868 stops, optimizing travel times and frequencies adapted to the needs, avoiding overlapping lines and integrated into other areas of low demand. In addition, new stops are incorporated nuclei serving as Cho, Parque de la Reina, Pelada Mountain or The Toscales, which so far did not have bus service.
To transmit all changes are made available to the user places an important catalog of information, such as information brigades, social networks and fundamentally, the microsite created specifically to house the new South nuevaredsur.titsa.com planning. In addition, we will act on almost 50% of the stops, placing new maps and plans, thermometers with bus routes, schedules and combinations for transfers.
In short, this new network gives the South a metropolitan area of consideration, improving the design of an obsolete track and that do not currently respond to real social demand, such as connections every 30 minutes to the South Hospital, or more frequencies and direct connections to the South airport. 44 lines available of which 16 are new and 14 will change significantly. Since there are 34 new buses circulating exclusively by the South, the new network will allow better accessibility, better reliability and increased passenger comfort and the environment, thanks to its characteristics of low power consumption and noise.
Cornerstones of the changes, an in depth look
The essence of the new network pivots mainly on the idea that the routes of the lines are shorter, are favored transshipment, travel times are reduced and, in some cases, the cost thereof is reduced (transhipment bonifica 1 € 05). Several 'lifts' connection is established with the main communication nodes, centralized for transshipments. The main and most innovative will be in San Isidro, which will be the place of transfer of many of the lines in the area.
Line 110 also stop at the roundabout of San Isidro. Next to the line 111 will give a frequency of 15 minutes for South-Santa Cruz connection. (Each line has a frequency of 30 minutes alternately coordinated frequencies will take 15 minutes).
In the rotunda of San Isidro a new line, the 408 (elevator), which shall Granadilla, San Isidro and El Medano and, therefore, all lines that reach these connection nodes have connections to Santa Cruz every 15 minutes will appear (making transhipments in San Isidro).
Also new line appears in great demand line 415 that will act runner communicating with San Isidro El Fraile every hour. This line will connect major urban centers (El Fraile, Costa del Silencio, South-Ten Golf Belgrade Cookies Chafiras) with South Airport. It also originates on the node of San Isidro, allowing greater connectivity with the metropolitan area (Santa Cruz-Laguna). Before, the residents of El Fraile, La Camella, Guaza or Buzanada had only 112 or lines as the line 115 with frequencies as rare as four journeys a day. Now, with this line, it will allow them to be connected with Santa Cruz every hour (as they can make the change at the node of San Isidro).
In fact, the services were lines 112, 115, 116 and 485 will be made with a combination of other lines, which significantly increase the connectivity between populations of the South and the metropolitan area, connections with South Airport expands and journeys are cheaper by 1.05 bonus transfers.
South Hospital will benefit from the passage of three lines: the 480, 482 and the new 418. The 418 line currently has a very long way from La Caleta to the San Lorenzo Valley. Now will start from Costa Adeje and, to Los Cristianos, South Hospital, La Camella, Cabo Blanco, Los Toscales Buzanada Junction and will reach the San Lorenzo Valley. The shorter, travel will improve the regularity and frequency, connecting the hospital with very populated areas. Enhance connectivity to the South Hospital has been a priority. With this new concept of network station Costa Adeje and the preferred stop of Los Cristianos, where information and sale of bonds and the stops are comfortable and accessible, they are become main lines of connection with the hospital setting, allowing People who come to the Hospital from Los Gigantes, Santiago del Teide, Guide, Granadilla and El Medano can access it with one transfer, whereas long runs so far and several transfers were necessary. With this philosophy also fits the line 416, which simplifies and ensures a frequency of 60 minutes. Will Granadilla-Los Cristianos (Before coming to Adeje village), to San Miguel and San Lorenzo Valley and connecting these cores to a single transfer of the Hospital South. Also Guia de Isora and Santiago del Teide can access the South Hospital with one transfer to get to Costa Adeje and to take line 418 ....
Granadilla and El Medano be more communicated with lines 408, 409, 410 and 411. The latter reaches Bald Mountain, which also had no connection so far.
The existing line 483 is modified to optimize its route cutting times. It will perform the way Christians-Los Coats, also connecting first cores Cho and Park Queen, who until now had no bus lines that communicate directly. This line before coming to El Medano, which will now be more connected to the lines 408, 409, 410, 411 and 470. The line 470 combined with the 483 from Los Coats, keeping the corridor between El Medano and Los Cristianos, passing through Las Chafiras and entering Costa del Silencio in a timely and efficient.
A lift with new lines between La Caleta and Adeje village (town center coast connection) to the line 448. And another from Adeje town (from the tower) and preferred stations or stops Adeje and Los Cristianos with the line 447 is established. In that area, in addition, the line 467, one of the most in demand in the area, which connects Costa del Silencio Costa Adeje station, now also come to La Caleta and improve their frequency and punctuality.
Recall that recently some changes were made to better connect with the Giants, the 473 (the Christians Los Gigantes Callao Salvaje) and disintegrated the 471 which runs from Los Cristianos to Playa Paraiso.
Source: Titsa

lynno52
22-07-2015, 17:57
Thanks Ted,:spin:
I'd like to say I am wiser now but it's a lot to take in!

admin
22-07-2015, 19:12
Google translate has a lot to answer for..........

timmylish
22-07-2015, 19:36
Google translate has a lot to answer for..........

Yup, there are a few belters! ie. - connecting first cores Cho and Park Queen

seanocelt
22-07-2015, 19:42
im getting the feeling they are sugar coating the fact that you may need 2 buses instead of one by reducing the fares a bit, so you pay 1.05 to get to a changeover point, same again to next bus for ultimate destination, total over 2 euros instead of 1.45, but worse still hanging about changeing buses. Im investigating!!

Tshirt
22-07-2015, 19:45
http://blog.tenerife.co.uk/tenerife-bus-services-july-2015/

seanocelt
22-07-2015, 20:03
link to "special website" not working but i suspect what i said may be correct, gonna be lots of disgruntled commuters having to change buses in Los Cris to get to Americas......if im right of course.

Moderator___
22-07-2015, 20:21
I may be wrong but don't you pay just one fare even if you have to change buses?

Graceylacey
22-07-2015, 20:35
I want to go to biscuit!!!!!! Ah they meant Las Galletas!!!! Hilarious!! Will be much better with a route to La Pelada, long awaited.

kingbaker
22-07-2015, 22:20
Tshirt trying to out-finger Ecky as the Finger King:D

Tshirt
22-07-2015, 22:34
Tshirt trying to out-finger Ecky as the Finger King:D

Not at all, I just though some would find the info useful.

seanocelt
23-07-2015, 00:37
I may be wrong but don't you pay just one fare even if you have to change buses?

i think it may be one reduced fare, or 2 reduces fares, not sure but i am suspicious, as i said its not the costs its the hassle

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

it IS very useful, despite living here and being a member of several facebook groups i had no idea it was so soon, thank you.

kingbaker
23-07-2015, 06:14

Was kidding of course....before I get shouted at. Its very usefull onfo....especially the San Isidro bit as I'm contemplating the possible purchase of an appt. there at the moment. ;)

barryk
23-07-2015, 07:16
Will there be a direct service from GDS to TFS

cressrt
23-07-2015, 07:57
Have a look here http://nuevaredsur.titsa.com/index.php/inicio/2015-06-10-08-46-54/aeropuerto-tenerife-sur-tfs/415-el-fraile-san-isidro-por-las-galletas, you can see and select different routes

seanocelt
23-07-2015, 13:32
just saw the timetables, oh dear, not improved for people in my area, much worse. Bus changes needed, ideas of changeovers based on computer models not allowing for traffic etc, this will be fun!

LUCKY
23-07-2015, 16:06
Will there be a direct service from GDS to TFS

No , 415 to san isidro then bus to tfs :flatcap:

barryk
23-07-2015, 16:52
Does the 415 not go to the terminal then?

imablue
23-07-2015, 17:24
Does the 415 not go to the terminal then?

looking at this it does ....
http://nuevaredsur.titsa.com/index.php/inicio/2015-06-10-08-46-54/aeropuerto-tenerife-sur-tfs/415-el-fraile-san-isidro-por-las-galletas

cressrt
23-07-2015, 18:33
Yes the 415 will be going to TFS when the new service starts, if you select "Ir a los Aeropuertos" it shows which lines go there, the 415 is one of them.

imablue
23-07-2015, 21:44
You can also click on ..Conoce la nueva red... then.. Por numero de linea
which shows bus numbers and just scroll left or right to get the number bus you wish ........and hey presto there are the times for what you may want.

barryk
24-07-2015, 08:56
I think the 415 to and from the airport will be good for GDS.

LUCKY
24-07-2015, 09:30

Yes i got it wrong yesterday it does go to tfs .:flatcap:

Angusjim
24-07-2015, 09:47
Yes i got it wrong yesterday it does go to tfs .:flatcap:

I believe they have now banned ferrets from all buses :lol::lol:

Tshirt
24-07-2015, 09:51

Not if you hide them in your shorts. :wow:

Martin_98.2
24-07-2015, 11:33
Thanks everso Tshirt for the "heads up"... I'll shout you out in my show on Atlantis 98.2Fm tomorrow :)
Just checked out the TITSA website where you can download a timetable and read the site in English !.

Best regards.. Martin.

LUCKY
24-07-2015, 23:38

What a great price as well . Think i may buy an anorach ..............:flatcap:

http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=tarifas&IdSeccion=52 But pay to go further and get off at tfs as in next link

http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=tarifas&IdSeccion=52

ribuck
25-07-2015, 10:13
What a great price as well ... But pay to go further and get off at tfs
The existing surcharge continues to apply for rides that start or end at the airport. It costs an extra €1 for short journeys (such as from GDS), or an extra €2 for long journeys (such as from Santa Cruz).

A cash fare of €2.45 from GDS to TFS still sounds pretty good to me. A cash fare to go one stop on the London Underground is £4.80 (€6.75).

LUCKY
26-07-2015, 00:48

Today i caught the 470 at 14.15 hrs back to Lower GDS , A man and a :feret: did board the bus Honest he did . :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Ricman
26-07-2015, 11:14
A very, very big thanks to Titsa.

They have managed to improve service 483 from GDS to Zentral Centre.

The price for this DIRECT route was 2.35 on Friday but now it is 3.20 - an increase of only 36% -

With the added improvement / pleasure of having to change at Los Cristianos.

Thanks a bunch.

seanocelt
26-07-2015, 13:23

The price for this DIRECT route was 2.35 on Friday but now it is 3.20 - an increase of only 36% -

Thanks a bunch.

yes, i think many will be thanking them for the wonderful improvements, like increased fares, need to change buses, and waiting in the heat. Well done TItsa.

TOTO 99
26-07-2015, 14:10
Today i caught the 470 at 14.15 hrs back to Lower GDS , A man and a :feret: did board the bus Honest he did . :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Lucky, do you have a bus stop near you or do you have to trudge up to the main road?

kingbaker
26-07-2015, 14:30
Is there a Titsa weekly/monthly ticket?

Also do pensioners get free travel in Tenerife? :) :p:p

LUCKY
26-07-2015, 15:49

Thanks a bunch.

This very morning i used the 483 to los cris from LowerGDS and then exchanged bus the 467 to columbus the stop after Zentral and my cost with a bono card was
1.35 and 10 cents a total of 1 euro 45 cents A saving of 45 cents when the 483 went to adeje :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Lucky, do you have a bus stop near you or do you have to trudge up to the main road?

We at Lower GDS do have the titsa on our doorstep i do not have to trudge up the road i think the bus service is terrific last monday i circumnavigated the island with the use of 7 titsa bus's . Every bus was on time and all for a total of 17 euros 20 cents with a bono card.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

seanocelt
26-07-2015, 16:01
yes you are indeed "lucky"

Ricman
26-07-2015, 16:11
Will check out the costs tomorrow. However that is only part of the issue & you have confirmed the actuality & what is the real annoyance & inconvenience is that you have to change in Los Cris & reverse on the return.

TOTO 99
26-07-2015, 20:44
This very morning i used the 483 to los cris from LowerGDS and then exchanged bus the 467 to columbus the stop after Zentral and my cost with a bono card was
1.35 and 10 cents a total of 1 euro 45 cents A saving of 45 cents when the 483 went to adeje :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

We at Lower GDS do have the titsa on our doorstep i do not have to trudge up the road i think the bus service is terrific last monday i circumnavigated the island with the use of 7 titsa bus's . Every bus was on time and all for a total of 17 euros 20 cents with a bono card.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Ok thanks Lucky. As you are the new forum bus dude can you help me out please?

If I want to go from Los Cris to Amarilla Golf what is the best way to do it? I've never done it and I'm not familiar with the golf area but I've kinda steered clear of it because I thought the bus stopped at the top of the road. Can you enlighten me please?

Thanks in anticipation..:respect:

LUCKY
26-07-2015, 23:24
Ok thanks Lucky. As you are the new forum bus dude can you help me out please?

If I want to go from Los Cris to Amarilla Golf what is the best way to do it? I've never done it and I'm not familiar with the golf area but I've kinda steered clear of it because I thought the bus stopped at the top of the road. Can you enlighten me please?

Thanks in anticipation..:respect:

Do you really think i am here so people can discover the joys of Lower GDS !!! ?
Well i probably am . Listen very carefully as i will say this only once
Take the 483 from the top stand nr Hiperdino at the Los Cris station
I have enclosed a link to the 483 timetable If you press on the links within the bus route the bus stops along the way will appear like magic.
hopefully your visit over to our neighbourhood will be enjoyable (by the way in my local bar i am known as the bus man honest i am
)http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=linea&IdLinea=483

:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

ps
http://nuevaredsur.titsa.com/images/folletos-planos/Folleto-Horarios-Tenerife.pdf?v=2.0

kingbaker
26-07-2015, 23:29
Oi......wheres the link Mr Lucky?:(

LUCKY
26-07-2015, 23:33
Is there a Titsa weekly/monthly ticket?

Also do pensioners get free travel in Tenerife? :) :p:p

Bono card 15 euro
:flatcap:

Oi......wheres the link Mr Lucky?:(

here it is again thank you.

http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=linea&IdLinea=483

kingbaker
27-07-2015, 00:17
thanks Lucky
I take it theres no free travel for Canarian pensioners:(

seanocelt
27-07-2015, 02:02
my friend is in a right state tonight, his wife now has to get two buses late at night from work instead of one, with a 45 min wait. Expect some row in local press soon.

LUCKY
27-07-2015, 09:50
thanks Lucky

I will look into you'r request, it may take some time (years) only joking i will investigate :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://nuevaredsur.titsa.com/images/folletos-planos/Folleto-Horarios-Tenerife.pdf?v=2.0

ribuck
28-07-2015, 08:51

If you live in Santa Cruz, the Ayuntamiento (council) subsidises the "Bono Jubilados" ("ticket for retired people"). With this Bono, you pay only 22 cents (15 pence) per journey. But you need a "Carnet de jubilado" to qualify. Perhaps some of the other ayuntamientos have similar schemes.

kingbaker
28-07-2015, 13:39
Ok here goes!!

If an Irish pensioner wants to go to lets say Brumingum, they give back their (Irish) free travel pass and get a Brum replacement. Probs has t's and c's. Probably has a minimum time length applied.

This is why I was wondering about 'Free Travel for Canarian pensioners!!

macdonald5
28-07-2015, 17:12
Ok right KB ,don't think any Irish 'entitlement' will hold water in Tenerife
Worth a try maybe !! Luck Of the Irish ???

kingbaker
28-07-2015, 19:33
I shouldda said the same applies to Brits (pensioners) coming to Irishland. Even ones from Central Scotland......we're not fussy!!:p:p:D

macdonald5
28-07-2015, 22:06
I shouldda said the same applies to Brits (pensioners) coming to Irishland. Even ones from Central Scotland......we're not fussy!!:p:p:D

:raspberry:

LUCKY
29-07-2015, 09:50
A picture of a gua gua Oh and passengers aren't best pleased :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/45886/daily-news-article.html

seanocelt
29-07-2015, 11:52
just the start id say, its going to gather momentum when folks cant get to work this weekend