PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving in San Isidro. What is it like?

kingbaker
25-07-2015, 19:36
Im interested in an appartment in San Isidro. I dont know the area well though. Anyone know this area well?
Would preferably like an appt along by the TF1with views both ways!!
All answers appreciated.;)

melm
25-07-2015, 20:29
Im interested in an appartment in San Isidro. I dont know the area well though. Anyone know this area well?
Would preferably like an appt along by the TF1with views both ways!!
All answers appreciated.;)

Mates rates :doh::whistle:

kingbaker
25-07-2015, 21:06
Its miles away from where you hang out missus;)

melm
25-07-2015, 21:45
Its miles away from where you hang out missus;)

:redcar::bluecar::dbluecar::yellowcar::pinkcar: or Titsa:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2015, 21:53
I lived there for a short time but that was a lifetime ago. Nice area then I suppose it's a bit more occupied now mate

macdonald5
25-07-2015, 22:00
Have visited there but definately much too quiet for my choice of location
Driving distance to bit of life etc ok do suppose it boiled down to what your looking for
Best wishes on finding your wee bit of paradise KB

kingbaker
26-07-2015, 10:07
I lived there for a short time but that was a lifetime ago. Nice area then I suppose it's a bit more occupied now mate

Im sure it'll be ok.....they'll have forgotten you by now!! :p:p:p:D

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2015, 10:32
Im sure it'll be ok.....they'll have forgotten you by now!! :p:p:p:D

Ohh nooo - you don't forget me !:D

timmylish
26-07-2015, 12:55
WE,ve lived here, very happily, for nearly 5 years now. 1 km from autopista (from Lidl). It,s amazing how this town has changed in the time we,ve been here. Great access to all areas of South and East Tenerife, up to La Laguna. I go to hospital in La Laguna regularly and its a 30 min. drive, no more. This town is designated to be the most heavily invested in area over the next 20 years due in the main to development of the port area (yes I know all about the hiccups etc). When the train system eventually comes down South San Isidro is to be the main hub so again the area is involved in just about everything going on South of Guimar. The onee and only downside has been the influx of squatters (they are everywhere) and the housing of a number of boat-people (they have to go somewhere) but both of these factors have made no effect whatsoever on the living conditions of ordinary residents, like us. People stick their noses up and scoff about living here well show me somewhere which is so well serviced in respect of main shopping, town centre shopping, simple access to everywhere, closeness to Las Chafiras and Airport (3 kms).
Please do not take offence but we decided that we would rather live here than GDS for all of the above reasons at a fraction of the cost of purchasing property here. The one principal possible downside to some (lazy) people is that it is a Spanish Town and not an ex-pat community at all. People in the shops are lovely, dealing with my unusual brand of Spanish, and the large Medical Centre is no different. Because of my health I tend not to go out after I,ve walked the dogs at 6ish but lady indoors goes with friends to live concerts (as with friday evening) which are held regularly in the Church Square so you can become well involved in the life of this town!

kingbaker
26-07-2015, 16:18
Excellent Timmy!

I also like Adeje town and usually eat there on Thursdays (conejo freshly shot). However prices are higher and it seems to be more densly populated

I also like San Miguel, Guargacho, Frail, and Las Galletas but they are beaten hands down by San Isidro for all the reasons given by Timmylish.

I dont know much abour Valle de San Lorenzo. ;)

Malteser Monkey
27-07-2015, 09:48
Excellent Timmy!

I also like Adeje town and usually eat there on Thursdays (conejo freshly shot). However prices are higher and it seems to be more densly populated

I also like San Miguel, Guargacho, Frail, and Las Galletas but they are beaten hands down by San Isidro for all the reasons given by Timmylish.

I dont know much abour Valle de San Lorenzo. ;)

Great post by Timmy !

Fraile eh ? You after a bit of our chifleta ?

Buzanada nice place too !

kingbaker
27-07-2015, 10:45
Pray tell me more!!:p

Malteser Monkey
27-07-2015, 10:54
Pray tell me more!!:p

I can't as it was yonks ago I lived there - not a scooby what it's like now.

Trying to think of which Forum member/s live there - is it Jackie ?

There's Chayofa too ! bit posh up there for you :D

kingbaker
27-07-2015, 20:52
No Jackie is back in Uk me thinks.;)