PDA

View Full Version : Other Recommend a somewhere, self catering for a holiday

Nonnie
26-07-2015, 01:14
Hi everyone, I would like to take my family to Tenerife for a holiday. But although I do not want to be in the centres would still like to be somewhere close by. When looking on the internet , there are a lot of large hotels/apartments with 160 rooms plus but nothing more homely or smaller. I would prefer a quieter place away from the maddening crowds. I would like to take them to the South side. I was wondering if any one could recommend anywhere. I would be going self catering, as this is more convenient to us.

Thank you for looking at my thread.:wink:

TOTO 99
26-07-2015, 08:10
Hi everyone, I would like to take my family to Tenerife for a holiday. But although I do not want to be in the centres would still like to be somewhere close by. When looking on the internet , there are a lot of large hotels/apartments with 160 rooms plus but nothing more homely or smaller. I would prefer a quieter place away from the maddening crowds. I would like to take them to the South side. I was wondering if any one could recommend anywhere. I would be going self catering, as this is more convenient to us.

Thank you for looking at my thread.:wink:

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You could try https://www.palomabeach.com/

cheery
26-07-2015, 08:33
Sunset Bay, we've just come back from there last week. We have also stayed at Garden City twice which is equally as nice. If you are really going self catering (we just have breakfast and use the fridge for drinks) you should look at time share apts as they are fully kitted out. The two I named are both TS and have enough shops and restaurants around them whilst being peaceful at night. It is about €6 from PDLA to Sunset Bay if you want to go for a night out or a 40 minute walk. Garden City is half the distance.

CMEdinburgh
26-07-2015, 10:22
A good alternative is to simply rent an apartment in a part of town that you like.

Places like:

Owners Direct
Or
Holiday Lettings (similar to Owners Direct, big choice, owned by Trip Advisor but also a bit higher rents for the same apartments as on OD)

offer you a huge choice. And at lower weekly rates too as a rule.

Angusjim
26-07-2015, 12:10
A good alternative is to simply rent an apartment in a part of town that you like.

Places like:

Owners Direct
Or
Holiday Lettings (similar to Owners Direct, big choice, owned by Trip Advisor but also a bit higher rents for the same apartments as on OD)

offer you a huge choice. And at lower weekly rates too as a rule.

Maybe a warning that many if not most apartments advertised on there are probably classed as illegal letting and people booking should be aware of this:tiphat:

CMEdinburgh
26-07-2015, 12:11
The whole illegal letting thing is past tense.

That's why there's so many apartments being advertised now. Legally.

Angusjim
26-07-2015, 12:15
The whole illegal letting thing is past tense.

That's why there's so many apartments being advertised now. Legally.

Sorry I do not understand what your are saying ???

CMEdinburgh
26-07-2015, 12:16
The law has changed

Not illegal any more I'm told

Angusjim
26-07-2015, 12:24
The law has changed

Not illegal any more I'm told

I think you have heard wrong

CMEdinburgh
26-07-2015, 12:38
My lawyer friend says otherwise lol
And I'll take his word for it

Angusjim
26-07-2015, 13:06
My lawyer friend says otherwise lol
And I'll take his word for it

Well I am afraid I won't because it is untrue, see a sample of question / answers below from a website from someone who does know the law inside out unfortunately cannot post her details as the Forum will not allow it
Q: What is the actual law on renting out your own property?

A: The law as it stands is very straightforward. Owners may not privately let for holidays under any circumstances. If the property is a tourist one – on a complex with a tourist licence – they may rent out for holidays but only through the on-site sole agent. If the property is a residential one, it may not be let for holidays at all. Either category of property may be let “residentially”, i.e. on a short- or long-term contract provided that it is for a minimum of three months.

Q: How do we find out if we are on a particular Government list for a fine for illegal lettings?

A: If you have been fined, a letter will have been sent to you. You have 15 days from receipt of this letter to appeal so contacting a lawyer is urgent. If for some reason the letter cannot be delivered, it will be returned to the Government and they will publish its (and your) details in the BOC, a daily Government publication (link is HERE). If you have not received a letter but think you might have been fined, you need to check if you have appeared in the BOC: there is a search box top left on the page I’ve linked to – enter your NIE in there (and then change the year and try again). I myself have found the BOC’s search system less than desirable, and find google gives just as good results: Google your name, NIE, and “BOC”, and if there is an entry, it should appear as the first result

Q: Can you explain the legality of “family and friends” as it appears to be unclear in letting law.

A: It’s not unclear, as it happens, because the term is used nowhere in any of the tourism laws. It is a lay person’s shorthand, effectively, for the fact that owners are allowed full private use of their properties, incuding having personal guests. The lawyers are quite sure that owners are allowed personal guests whether they themselves are physically present or not.

Leam_Lin
26-07-2015, 13:45
Thanks AJ, thats about it in a nutshell.

Glenn111
03-08-2015, 16:04
Castle harbour book on line

universal
03-08-2015, 16:13
May be you had something more like this in mind.....................http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p2032717
Highly recommended and Luisa speaks perfect English.

fixer
03-08-2015, 17:58
Woudnt take his word for it the only legal way to rent a touristic apartment is through the licence holder on the complex the owners can not do it direct.
The law as it stands is very straightforward. Owners may not privately let for holidays under any circumstances. If the property is a tourist one – on a complex with a tourist licence – they may rent out for holidays but only through the on-site sole agent. If the property is a residential one, it may not be let for holidays at all. Either category of property may be let “residentially”, i.e. on a short- or long-term contract provided that it is for a minimum of three months. From her that's not allowed to be mentioned JA

Tenerife Babe
05-08-2015, 18:32
Hiya,

I have been going to Tenerife for 14 years, 15 years this year and I always stay at Vistasur Apartments.I usually book through either Travel Republic, Flightline or Booking.com. If you google it, it will give you more options though.The apartments are well maintained and very clean (the maids come in everyday apart from Sunday)and spacious.Nice decor, furniture etc.The reception staff are so friendly and very helpful. It is situated on the border of Los Cristianos and Playa De Las Americas so relatively quiet, there are a few restaurants and supermarkets close by. They have a pool and the sea is a 2-5 minutes walk away.

I should work in sales shouldn`t I :laugh: