PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Rental Palmmar 1 bed apt required

car1
04-08-2015, 14:20
Nice1 bed apartment required in palmmar for respectable elderly couple.
4 weeks from 29 december 2015. Must have nice view
And not too many steps.
please pm me

delderek
04-08-2015, 19:01
I don't think you will find any Legal lets in Palm Mar, it is completely Residential, therefore letting to tourists is illegal.

timmylish
05-08-2015, 01:01
I don't think you will find any Legal lets in Palm Mar, it is completely Residential, therefore letting to tourists is illegal.

Sorry if I differ. There are a number of edificios which seem to have a legal right to holiday let and of course there is any number doing so under the radar. Just go to any decent holiday letting site and you will see very well known Palm Mar buildings.

Angusjim
05-08-2015, 12:12
Sorry if I differ. There are a number of edificios which seem to have a legal right to holiday let and of course there is any number doing so under the radar. Just go to any decent holiday letting site and you will see very well known Palm Mar buildings.

Timmy how can it be given what JA states below I would be interested to know how it can possibly be "legal letting" if its less than 3 months,don't get me wrong I personally don't care what I rent, but I think people who come on asking understand the situation so they can make their own decision about renting ( they have probably already had a few PM's:wink:)

Q: What is the actual law on renting out your own property?

A: The law as it stands is very straightforward. Owners may not privately let for holidays under any circumstances. If the property is a tourist one – on a complex with a tourist licence – they may rent out for holidays but only through the on-site sole agent. If the property is a residential one, it may not be let for holidays at all. Either category of property may be let “residentially”, i.e. on a short- or long-term contract provided that it is for a minimum of three months.

delderek
05-08-2015, 12:19

Sorry must disagree. The whole area is now classified Residential. No legal tourist letting is allowed. A VV licence could possibly be granted for short term letting, but this specifically excludes "Holiday lets". But the fines for ignoring this are horrendous. Of course under the radar lets are always available.

TOTO 99
05-08-2015, 13:03
With all due respect to the above posts, I think it's only fair to point out to the OP that they cannot get into trouble if they take on an illegal let. That is only a risk to the apartment owner....

I hope you find somewhere anyway...:tiphat:

Angusjim
05-08-2015, 13:10
With all due respect to the above posts, I think it's only fair to point out to the OP that they cannot get into trouble if they take on an illegal let. That is only a risk to the apartment owner....

With all due respect they should still be aware of the situation so they can make their own mind up:wink::tiphat:

TOTO 99
05-08-2015, 13:17
With all due respect they should still be aware of the situation so they can make their own mind up:wink::tiphat:

I thought you and Delderek had made them aware in the posts I was refering to, my learned friend?........

Angusjim
05-08-2015, 13:26
I thought you and Delderek had made them aware in the posts I was refering to, my learned friend?........

I think you are lining yersel up for a Mods job the tone in some of your recent posts is worrying, I hope Admin is taking note:laugh::laugh:

delderek
05-08-2015, 13:55

Yup, correct, but seems to be an increasing risk of unaware people booking, and then finding the accommodation cancelled at the last moment, as more owners become aware of the risks.

TOTO 99
05-08-2015, 14:05
Yup, correct, but seems to be an increasing risk of unaware people booking, and then finding the accommodation cancelled at the last moment, as more owners become aware of the risks.

I think that's possibly the biggest risk people face nowadays. Probably not so bad now but if the fines start kicking in it'll certainly make a few think twice. And of course not all of them will return the monies paid to them.

timmylish
05-08-2015, 16:17
Aw, well. I typed out an answer which would have further contradicted whether apartments in Palm Mar are available for holiday lets but I,ve decided to get myself ready for this afternoon,s game, which is a lot more importnant.
OP. Best of luck and I do hope that one of the owners contacts you but unlikely, from this particular Forum, as you can no doubt gather!