PDA

View Full Version : Las Galletas - things to do

Sooky
05-08-2015, 06:50
Hi to everyone,

I am new to the forum. My husband and I are coming to Las Galletas in October 2015 until Jan 2016. I am looking for things to do to keep me out of trouble. I would like help in finding art or pottery classes, zumba, live music, people who play chess and we would like to learn Spanish. We are reliant on public transport.

Can any of you experts help please?

Susief23
05-08-2015, 09:00
Hi to everyone,

I am new to the forum. My husband and I are coming to Las Galletas in October 2015 until Jan 2016. I am looking for things to do to keep me out of trouble. I would like help in finding art or pottery classes, zumba, live music, people who play chess and we would like to learn Spanish. We are reliant on public transport.

Can any of you experts help please?

Welcome from me. We love Las Galletas and spend many days there. We have a caravan just up the road from it.
We go to the Mexican, El Chango in the harbour.
I'm sure someone will be along who lives there too.
There is a pretty good bus service from there too.
How's your Spanish?

amanda
05-08-2015, 09:32
Go to to zumba twice a week please join us tuesdays and thursdays 5euros session

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry again also once a month there is a art and craft class in the church at the of costa del silencio every first Wednesday and there is also a language exchange every monday think that is about itlol

Sooky
05-08-2015, 16:37
My husband went to the language school in El Medano last year. His Spanish will be ok. Mine is virtually non existant.

We loved Las Galletas last year when we visited and decided it was our type of place. We had lots of meals at the fish restaurant on the main road into town. I don't know the Mexican restaurant. Do you live there or visit?

Thanks for the help and advice

Thanks Amanda for the info.

Where is the zumba class held?

How far is Costa del Silencio away from Las Galletas - walking distance?

Very useful information.

My husband went to the language school in El Medano last year. His Spanish will be ok. Mine is virtually non existant.

We loved Las Galletas last year when we visited and decided it was our type of place. We had lots of meals at the fish restaurant on the main road into town. I don't know the Mexican restaurant. Do you live there or visit?

Susief23
05-08-2015, 17:45

Thanks Amanda for the info.

Where is the zumba class held?

How far is Costa del Silencio away from Las Galletas - walking distance?

Very useful information.

Yes we love it too. We only visit 3/4 times a year at mo. We're out end Aug, mid Nov and end of Jan.
The Mexican does lovely jugs of margarita

Sooky
06-08-2015, 07:41
Perhaps we can share a jug when you are over in November? Do you know Costa del Silencio - is it within walking distance from Las Galletas?

Susief23
06-08-2015, 08:02
Perhaps we can share a jug when you are over in November? Do you know Costa del Silencio - is it within walking distance from Las Galletas?
Yes that be good. Silencio is probably about 15 min walk, of course depending how fast you walk.
I'll send you a private message nearer the time

Ecky Thump
06-08-2015, 11:08

Susief23 doesen't do jugs of vino....it has to be the barrel !! :p

Susief23
06-08-2015, 14:59
Susief23 doesen't do jugs of vino....it has to be the barrel !! :p

You know me too well Ecky. lol

amanda
06-08-2015, 15:22
Yes I live here not in costa del silencio, but the gym I go to does the zumba el templo at the beginning of silencio lol

Sooky
10-08-2015, 10:46
Sounds even better!!

Do the swallows still organise things to do in Tenerife?

Sounds great. I am looking forward to it.

even better!!