PDA

View Full Version : Health English speaking opticians.

Callaoanne
05-08-2015, 10:54
n Juan area so I can get my failing sight tested?Also. do we resident pensioners have to pay for the test,how much and any further information relating to this query would be welcome.Thanks in anticipation.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Should say opticians in Callao Salvaje,Adeje,San Juan area.Sorry!

05-08-2015, 11:24
Technically speaking yes you have to pay for an eye test but most if not all opticians do it for free if you're buying spectacle/lenses from them. Costs will depend entirely on your budget but when it comes to your sight YOU have to decide if it is worth it going for the cheapest option. Personally I'd go to OPTICA DOWNES, they're about 150 metres down the street from the Town Hall in Adeje and have all the latest equipment for a comprehensive eye test and they speak English, Tel: 922780437......but they ain't cheap because they only provide quality lenses.

Callaoanne
07-08-2015, 23:20
Thanks for the reply but Optica Downes were closed for holidays so I got in touch with Centro Optica in Adeje and got an appointment for next day. Seems I have cataract problems so they recommended a private eye ciinic in Las Americas, were absolutelybrilliant, did not charge for eye test which took over 30 minutes, spoke excellent English so well pleased..Some friends with similar problems have gone through the health service here but have waited a long time for ops but I believe the best way is to go privately, although expensive, but HEY worked all my life so why not get best service speedily. My sight is special.

primrose
07-08-2015, 23:49
Thanks for the reply but Optica Downes were closed for holidays so I got in touch with Centro Optica in Adeje and got an appointment for next day. Seems I have cataract problems so they recommended a private eye ciinic in Las Americas, were absolutelybrilliant, did not charge for eye test which took over 30 minutes, spoke excellent English so well pleased..Some friends with similar problems have gone through the health service here but have waited a long time for ops but I believe the best way is to go privately, although expensive, but HEY worked all my life so why not get best service speedily. My sight is special.

I had my cataracts done with in a few weeks of seeing the Opthamologist at Candelaria, had them done on the Social, had them both done within 6 weeks at the Green Hospital, and they were fantastic. I don't need glasses now not even for reading. I think I got the best service possible and speedily and didn't cost a penny, and the aftercare at the Green Hospital is second to none.