PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment New mini bandstands Sunday Market

Ricman
06-08-2015, 14:52
There are 3 " mini bandstands " being erected on the west side of the Sunday Market in Los Cristianos.

It has been suggested that these could be sitting areas, out of the mid day sun.

However they look a lot more elaborate than that & will obviously have cost much more.

Perhaps one of them will have a Jimmy Shand tribute act ?

kingbaker
06-08-2015, 16:10
Thats the second erection reported here in 10 days......the other erection was on Los Cris beach. The start of a new boooom perhaps!!:doh::doh::lol::lol:

TOTO 99
06-08-2015, 16:11
There are 3 " mini bandstands " being erected on the west side of the Sunday Market in Los Cristianos.

It has been suggested that these could be sitting areas, out of the mid day sun.

However they look a lot more elaborate than that & will obviously have cost much more.

Perhaps one of them will have a Jimmy Shand tribute act ?

That'll be the one you don't have to pay to watch...:lol:....:scotland:

kingbaker
06-08-2015, 18:19
Jimmy Shand was fab.....in it's day.:p
Probs macdonald5 remembers him very well. I'm much toooo young.:D

macdonald5
06-08-2015, 19:34
Jimmy Shand was fab.....in it's day.:p
Probs macdonald5 remembers him very well. I'm much toooo young.:D

FYI dear KB...Sir Jimmy Shand MBE died in 2000 aged 92...........'The bluebell Polka 'was known by most Scots and the world !! He was an icon xx

Angusjim
06-08-2015, 20:02
FYI dear KB...Sir Jimmy Shand MBE died in 2000 aged 92...........'The bluebell Polka 'was known by most Scots and the world !! He was an icon xx

Ignore them mrs mac they have no idea aboot guid music the man was a legend:c2::c2:

kingbaker
06-08-2015, 20:08
I'll have you lot know (hands on hips) that '' Jimmy Shand and his Band'' were a regular series on Irish television......but in my Nans time. Bet melm is familiar with them:p:p:D

And you lot are off topic. Any more info on the bandstand being erected in the Sunday market yard.
Maybe it's the fashion shows again!!;)

macdonald5
06-08-2015, 21:12
I'll have you lot know (hands on hips) that '' Jimmy Shand and his Band'' were a regular series on Irish television......but in my Nans time. Bet melm is familiar with them:p:p:D

And you lot are off topic. Any more info on the bandstand being erected in the Sunday market yard.
Maybe it's the fashion shows again!!;)

YOu KB started the Jimmy Shand 'off topic ' !!!!

kingbaker
06-08-2015, 21:29
Hogwash missus read again please!!
Ill keep these peeps in line moderators:D:D

macdonald5
06-08-2015, 22:10
Hogwash missus read again please!!
Ill keep these peeps in line moderators:D:D

My reading ability is equal if not better than many
Anyway in big picture does it blooxx matter !!!
Will check out and report on the mini bandstands on our next visit to Tenerife

LindaD
06-08-2015, 23:06

You get them aw telt Mrs Mac :wink:

kingbaker
07-08-2015, 00:11

I think it was ricman who originally mentioned J Shand;)

macdonald5
07-08-2015, 08:05
I think it was ricman who originally mentioned J Shand;)

Well noted !!

Ecky Thump
07-08-2015, 09:23
YOu KB started the Jimmy Shand 'off topic ' !!!!

kingbaker might not have been the one to start talking about our Great Jimmy Shand, but if you read the thread again he was certainly the one to lower the tone of the thread with his low life referral to having more "erections on the beach":D

TOTO 99
07-08-2015, 11:23
kingbaker might not have been the one to start talking about our Great Jimmy Shand, but if you read the thread again he was certainly the one to lower the tone of the thread with his low life referral to having more "erections on the beach":D

He did, and it's disgraceful.......at least I only pleasantly suggested that followers of the Mighty Shand might just be a teeny bit too thrifty to pay to see him.....:lol:.................:surrender:

Malteser Monkey
07-08-2015, 12:01

Now I would never make any suggestions as there being erections on the beach :cheeky: def not in the webcam thread no Sir not me :whistle:

TOTO 99
07-08-2015, 12:12
Now I would never make any suggestions as there being erections on the beach :cheeky: def not in the webcam thread no Sir not me :whistle:

Well it sounds like the erections in question are only for use on a Sunday.......No good to you that is it?.....:lol:

Malteser Monkey
07-08-2015, 12:22
Well it sounds like the erections in question are only for use on a Sunday.......No good to you that is it?.....:lol:

It's feasible :cheeky:

kingbaker
07-08-2015, 12:57
We'll know on sunday....won't we. That is after members report back to us:p

Ecky Thump
07-08-2015, 18:06
We'll know on sunday....won't we. That is after members report back to us:p

This filth has to stop now, you have taken it one step too far with referrals to members erections!!:lol:

kingbaker
07-08-2015, 20:52
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D

kingbaker
09-08-2015, 21:18
This filth has to stop now, you have taken it one step too far with referrals to members erections!!:lol:

Was anybody at the Sunday market today? What were the new stands used for? ;)

kingbaker
12-08-2015, 22:01
Guess nobody was there!! ;)

Ricman
13-08-2015, 15:02
Possibly due to the daily rain & tropical storms, work has stopped on the 3 erections on the south west ( sea ) side of the Sunday Market.

However, this very morning there was a new development. 2 huge pre erected " stages " arrived via low loaders & were lifted into the market by a large telescopic crane.

The latest suggestion, although a bit sheepish, is that Mr. Woodward who is appearing in Santa Cruz on the 28 th. may be coming down to the South for a couple of shows.