PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Banca March

JenniferA_
09-08-2015, 20:37
Hi Everyone!

I've been having so many problems with Banca March and wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experience.

I opened an account with them in July 2014. I got my debit card and all the appropriate documentation.
My debit card expired in May 2015 and assumed I would receive my new debit card shortly before the expiry date. I waited a good month and still nothing. I contacted the bank and they said they had closed my account and taken my money to cover the closing charges!! - Without even contacting me!
All because apparently, I hadn't picked up my first debit card from the branch and didn't pay for the non-resident charge (which I did and have evidence of this payment).
I went into the branch and got nothing from them. I emailed and called the helpdesk and they are ignoring me.

I have all the evidence I need to show I have made payments and that they did not make me aware that they were closing my account.

What can I do? I am furious with the way they have treated me and running out of ideas. HELP!

wannalivethere
09-08-2015, 21:56
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Banca March.

We've had our joint non-resident account with Banca March in the South of the island since 2008 and they have been nothing except helpful.

Our debit / ATM cards expire and when we next visit Tenerife we simply go into the branch and collect our new ones.

princessmonika
10-08-2015, 08:16
yes this sounds fishy to me -- maybe one dishonest person ???????????

imablue
10-08-2015, 13:03
I can only agree with wannalivethere... we have a joint account since 2004 and they have been very helpful in all our dealings with them ....
It may well be worth a visit to a solicitor ...? dont really know though.

BoPeep
10-08-2015, 15:05
Us too, brilliant bank and never any problems. Always polite and always at least one English speaking employee.

barryk
10-08-2015, 15:53
Had great service since opening the account in 2012. The only problem I have had is paying for flights with Uncle Mickey. The RA site does not seem to like my card and the bank advise card is ok. Anyone else had this problem?

JenniferA_
16-08-2015, 20:55
I emailed and called the Head Office and still getting nothing from them. They kept telling me to contact the branch and they won't tell me anything either.

My Branch is in La Laguna so none of the staff speak English. My Spanish is good but I still take my boyfriend along (who is Canarian) to help with the translation. They just kept saying that I hadn't picked up my debit card even though I brought the card along with all my papers to prove I signed for it. ??? I don't know if they thought they could get away with it because I was British but I will not be returning to them - Not that they will really care.

At this point, I will just have to leave it and go to another bank. I am very disappointed in the way they have treated me and hope they never do this again any of their customers.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you to everyone who replied!

symonsj
17-08-2015, 12:35
Had great service since opening the account in 2012. The only problem I have had is paying for flights with Uncle Mickey. The RA site does not seem to like my card and the bank advise card is ok. Anyone else had this problem?
Same for me. I couldn't use the BM card for paying my flights with RA. It used to work flawlessly until June this year.

team1
01-09-2015, 12:54
Raelly interesting stuff.

primrose
01-09-2015, 14:29
I emailed and called the Head Office and still getting nothing from them. They kept telling me to contact the branch and they won't tell me anything either.

My Branch is in La Laguna so none of the staff speak English. My Spanish is good but I still take my boyfriend along (who is Canarian) to help with the translation. They just kept saying that I hadn't picked up my debit card even though I brought the card along with all my papers to prove I signed for it. ??? I don't know if they thought they could get away with it because I was British but I will not be returning to them - Not that they will really care.

At this point, I will just have to leave it and go to another bank. I am very disappointed in the way they have treated me and hope they never do this again any of their customers.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you to everyone who replied!

BBVA did the same to us, When I went to collect my new card, they said they had closed the account as I had left it too long to collect it. They just kept the money.They then tried to tell me that to open a new account to get a new card you had to take out an insurance policy with them.

JenniferA_
06-09-2015, 13:11
BBVA did the same to us, When I went to collect my new card, they said they had closed the account as I had left it too long to collect it. They just kept the money.They then tried to tell me that to open a new account to get a new card you had to take out an insurance policy with them.

It is disgusting how they treat their customers sometimes. What did you eventually do? Did you just leave it and open an account with another bank?

primrose
06-09-2015, 13:52
There was nothing we could do, they just refused to give us the money back, and then to be told that to open a new account with them we had to take a life insurance policy out with them. Told them where to stick their Bank. Went next door and opened an Account with Santander.

9PLUS
06-09-2015, 14:57
Is this a clause in the contract you signed?

Angusjim
06-09-2015, 17:23
My number one rule with banks and bank mangers do not trust them at all , some of things I have heard and seen with them over last 7-8 years has been unbelievable
and they continue to rob customers blind and governments stand by and knowingly let it happen. THIEVES THE LOT OF THEM:mad: