PDA

View Full Version : Other Wedding Band!

Suzieramo
11-08-2015, 11:35
Hi there,

I am getting married in La Orotava on the 7th May 2016 and wonder if anyone could recommend a wedding band that could play at the reception and/or during the ceremony for the day. As my Fiance and I live in Scotland we are finding it really difficult to find a band to play and its something that we really would like at our wedding!

Any recommendations would be amazing.

Thank you!

Susan

Malteser Monkey
11-08-2015, 11:48
Welcome :welcome: firstly

Let's see if we can get you some help.

Member Lissalyon was looking too I don't know if she can help.
Megaloo or canarybird are in the north

any ideas ladies

Suzieramo
11-08-2015, 12:55

any ideas ladies

Thank you so much :).

Medman
11-08-2015, 13:30
Hi there,

I am getting married in La Orotava on the 7th May 2016 and wonder if anyone could recommend a wedding band that could play at the reception and/or during the ceremony for the day. As my Fiance and I live in Scotland we are finding it really difficult to find a band to play and its something that we really would like at our wedding!

Any recommendations would be amazing.

Thank you!

Susan

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the Forum. I played in a wedding band for many years in Scotland so I agree you really need a band for a "gid Scottish Waddin". A band that I would recommend for you is Crush. They are based around PDLA and play almost every night in different bars. I'm unsure if they would travel or be available. The keyboard player is Irish and is a member on here. irishmusico
Very versatile 3 piece live band. Check them out on their Facebook page. Just google "Crush band Tenerife" and it comes up along with several youtube clips. They have a good bit of patter as well as being able to play most types of music. Probably worth a look. Happy hunting !

Suzieramo
11-08-2015, 14:12
Hi Susan,

Welcome to the Forum. I played in a wedding band for many years in Scotland so I agree you really need a band for a "gid Scottish Waddin". A band that I would recommend for you is Crush. They are based around PDLA and play almost every night in different bars. I'm unsure if they would travel or be available. The keyboard player is Irish and is a member on here. irishmusico
Very versatile 3 piece live band. Check them out on their Facebook page. Just google "Crush band Tenerife" and it comes up along with several youtube clips. They have a good bit of patter as well as being able to play most types of music. Probably worth a look. Happy hunting !

Thank you so much for this! I have looked at them on both FaceBook and Youtube now and will try and get it touch to see if it is something they would be interested in doing :).

Really appreciate the help!

melm
13-08-2015, 16:37
[QUOTE=Suzieramo;481912]Hi there,

.................................................. ..

There is a Scottish girl who sings in the clubs and pubs in Puerto de la Cruz. Her name is Fiona Whitecross and she can be contacted on her facebook page. I've heard her a few times and she is a nice singer. Might be what you are looking for. Good luck

Megaloo
13-08-2015, 18:15

any ideas ladies

I only know of a Scottish Male singer not sure if that would be of interest But do not know of any bands or pipers