PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Anybody know Tacoronte?

ginandmilk
14-08-2015, 17:51
Hi!

Me and my OH are hoping to relocate to north Tenerife in the next few years. We initially thought about Puerto de la Cruz where we stayed in May, but we were aware we could get more house for our money if we moved a bit further out. We caught the bus to La Orotava and unfortunately missed the best of what it had to offer, however on doing more research we found both the properties and the prices more impressive and we like the fact it's quieter. Having looked online again we've seen some properties in Tacoronte which we also like, but I don't seem to be able to find much information on the area itself. Is anyone familiar with the place and if so, what is it like? We don't want to be in the centre of everything but we wouldn't want to be stuck right out in the middle of nowhere either!
We are staying in Puerto de la Cruz again in November so we are hoping it's fairly easy to get to by bus (we were very impressed with the public transport), but if wherever we live would have to be accessible by bus. We're only staying for a week, so we would like to do as much research as possible, but also have a few days of relaxation!

I know it's the hottest or sunniest part of the island, but here in Huddersfield it's been raining pretty much all day, so to live somewhere with some sun and warmth would be great!

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gin (even though I drink vodka!)

delderek
14-08-2015, 18:44
Hi!

Me and my OH are hoping to relocate to north Tenerife in the next few years. We initially thought about Puerto de la Cruz where we stayed in May, but we were aware we could get more house for our money if we moved a bit further out. We caught the bus to La Orotava and unfortunately missed the best of what it had to offer, however on doing more research we found both the properties and the prices more impressive and we like the fact it's quieter. Having looked online again we've seen some properties in Tacoronte which we also like, but I don't seem to be able to find much information on the area itself. Is anyone familiar with the place and if so, what is it like? We don't want to be in the centre of everything but we wouldn't want to be stuck right out in the middle of nowhere either!
We are staying in Puerto de la Cruz again in November so we are hoping it's fairly easy to get to by bus (we were very impressed with the public transport), but if wherever we live would have to be accessible by bus. We're only staying for a week, so we would like to do as much research as possible, but also have a few days of relaxation!

I know it's the hottest or sunniest part of the island, but here in Huddersfield it's been raining pretty much all day, so to live somewhere with some sun and warmth would be great!

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gin (even though I drink vodka!)

I'm sure you left out the word "Not" because it certainly isn't the warmest and sunniest, in fact in the Winter it's bloody cold.

Megaloo
14-08-2015, 18:47
I have a friend who lives in Tacoronte lovely house right on the edge of a cliff with beautiful views but a car is a must in my opinion to go anywhere else. Bus service round the Island is good but usually serves lots of little villages on the way so is slow.
I also had a friend who lived in Questa de la Villa again served by good bus but to go to Santa Cruz took forever on the 101 so it was quicker to go into Puerto and get the express bus 103.
Nice Town not many Brits there so you would learn Spanish even quicker as very much living with the Spanish there which is an advantage for learning the Language and the Canarians are very friendly people..

ginandmilk
14-08-2015, 18:54
Thanks for spotting my mistake Delderek! Cold is not what we're after!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Megaloo. We do drive, but we very quickly learned that driving in Tenerife is a lot different! We have said that we'll have a few driving lessons once we've settled in and then just hire a car as and when we want.
The lack of Brits in the area wouldn't bother us, but I did fall in love with English library when we visited in May, and I think Tacoronte might be a bit too far!
I think another visit to La Orotava might be in order when we visit in November ��

Megaloo
14-08-2015, 23:46
Thanks for spotting my mistake Delderek! Cold is not what we're after!

Thanks Megaloo. We do drive, but we very quickly learned that driving in Tenerife is a lot different! We have said that we'll have a few driving lessons once we've settled in and then just hire a car as and when we want.
The lack of Brits in the area wouldn't bother us, but I did fall in love with English library when we visited in May, and I think Tacoronte might be a bit too far!
I think another visit to La Orotava might be in order when we visit in November ��

I am sure once here you will find just what you want I live in Puerto but not right in the Town in a quieter part near El Durazno but still near enough to life if we want it and shops

Yes the English library is quite a place, did you visit Alvaro's in La Paz where the British Club meets for Bowls Tennis etc. ?

ginandmilk
10-11-2015, 18:11
I'm really sorry Megaloo I've only just seen your post. We are in PDC now, but probably won't get chance to visit Alvaro's. We've had to cross la Orotava off our list because it's just way too hilly, so we are currently trying to look for other places to investigate before we go home. Are places such as La Paz and El Durazno a bit flatter? We found La Orotava much steeper than the centre of PDC I must admit!

I'm really sorry Megaloo I've only just seen your post. We are in PDC now, but probably won't get chance to visit Alvaro's. We've had to cross la Orotava off our list because it's just way too hilly, so we are currently trying to look for other places to investigate before we go home. Are places such as La Paz and El Durazno a bit flatter? We found La Orotava much steeper than the centre of PDC I must admit!