PDA

View Full Version : Air Crash

kingbaker
22-08-2015, 16:07
There has been a crash onto the A27 outside Shoreham air show this afternoon.

It is thought that a single seat jet crashed onto the A27 nearby. No news of casualties yet.

melm
22-08-2015, 16:17
There has been a crash onto the A27 outside Shoreham air show this afternoon.

It is thought that a single seat jet crashed onto the A27 nearby. No news of casualties yet.

Not good news . Hope there are no casualties

primrose
22-08-2015, 17:34
Not good news . Hope there are no casualties

Saying at least seven dead. So sad.

macdonald5
22-08-2015, 18:20
Saying at least seven dead. So sad.

Sad day RIP those killed and speedy recovery to injured

melm
22-08-2015, 18:22
Sad day RIP those killed and speedy recovery to injured

Just heard it on the news. Shocking:cry::pray:

22-08-2015, 18:40
RIP to all those dead and a speedy and full recovery to those injured.

But, what on earth has this got to do with Tenerife???

kingbaker
22-08-2015, 18:51
Nothing. I meant to put it on Gen news.
Ssorrry!
Difficult at times to find threads on small phone....maybe you might move it to correct place ;)

essexeddie
22-08-2015, 22:14
What's the weather in UK got to do with Tenerife then?

primrose
22-08-2015, 22:35

How petty can you get,

marbro8
22-08-2015, 22:39
How petty can you get,i was thinking the samerolleyes2:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

But, what on earth has this got to do with Tenerife???because we are on the tenerife forum and most of us live in the uk.and we always talk about stuff that affects us. and sometimes members in tenerife like to get info on things that happen back home. and the whole forum is filled with topics that have no relevance to tenerife whatsoever ????

primrose
22-08-2015, 22:57
i was thinking the samerolleyes2:

because we are on the tenerife forum and most of us live in the uk.and we always talk about stuff that affects us. and sometimes members in tenerife like to get info on things that happen back home. and the whole forum is filled with topics that have no relevance to tenerife whatsoever ????

Well said marboro.

Susief23
22-08-2015, 23:04

because we are on the tenerife forum and most of us live in the uk.and we always talk about stuff that affects us. and sometimes members in tenerife like to get info on things that happen back home. and the whole forum is filled with topics that have no relevance to tenerife whatsoever ????

Here here Marbro.

kingbaker
22-08-2015, 23:28
Marbro...our hero......who knew???:D:eek:

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2015, 10:45

Yes like me asking for help with Sky ....in the UK

I think....I may not be correct.....but there are more members on here not living in Tenerife than are

Marbro...our hero......who knew???:D:eek:

Yes and it was brief enough to understand :laugh:

Angusjim
23-08-2015, 11:10

Maybe just simply transferring this thread to general chat would have sufficed:nono:

LUCKY
23-08-2015, 11:21
What's the weather in UK got to do with Tenerife then?

Well said eddie of essex , Perhaps this is because it is the English side of the forum and what is talked about most with the Brits is surely the weather. Also this informs and reminds the residents and visitors of Tenerife why they choose to live or holiday in paradise , I managed to do this post without even a mention of Lower GDS :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2015, 12:51
Well said eddie of essex , Perhaps this is because it is the English side of the forum and what is talked about most with the Brits is surely the weather. Also this informs and reminds the residents and visitors of Tenerife why they choose to live or holiday in paradise , I managed to do this post without even a mention of Lower GDS :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

you did well done you:c2:

Oh and no mention of your newly acquired big one !

So sad about the fitness trainer that died in the car!

kingbaker
23-08-2015, 16:29
Death toll may now be up to 11 or more.

No identifications have been made yet.

This jet took part on three air-shows in Ireland in the past month.

essexeddie
23-08-2015, 19:59

I wasn't actually knocking that particular thread, I was just pointing out that some threads have nothing to do with Tenerife.:newspaper:

LUCKY
23-08-2015, 21:09
I wasn't actually knocking that particular thread, I was just pointing out that some threads have nothing to do with Tenerife.:newspaper:

I did realise that and i was not knocking your fine judgement :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

marbro8
23-08-2015, 22:16
what i don't understand is how the pilot survived? i have just seen the footage of the crash. and it was a massive explosion. they said because there is over 400 sq yards of crash site. there could be more people that have been killed:(

kingbaker
24-08-2015, 03:22
The plane might have had an ejector seat.

kingbaker
24-08-2015, 08:38
Latest from Police..

Up to 20 people may have perished in yesterdays crash.

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2015, 10:10
The plane might have had an ejector seat.

I'm sure I heard on the news that they do - but I don't remember hearing that he used it - surely he would have done long before whilst still in the air. You could see him in the plane just before it crashed

Tshirt
24-08-2015, 10:24
I think it's all speculation at the moment, they might never know what actually happened, unless the pilot survives and he can remember.

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2015, 10:29
I think it's all speculation at the moment, they might never know what actually happened, unless the pilot survives and he can remember.

Do those type of planes have black boxes ? or something similar

primrose
24-08-2015, 12:20
I moved to Tenerife 10 years ago.....but I was born in Brighton,i still have my family
living in Brighton/Shoreham/Worthing and have spent all weekend checking if they
are all ok.
Maybe even "MODS" should think before posting daft comments:nono:

Maybe they don't think, maybe they are just full of their own importance and haven't a thought for the poor people that died in the accident.I for one am glad that some of the people on here do post news from home, as living in Tenerife I don't always have my TV tuned to the News channel all day, and posting on Today's Posts is the best place to see it.

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2015, 13:49
There are different Mods

Moderator_
Moderator__ and even Moderator _______

Maybe not all thinking the same

It seems to me that Moderator is a little trigger happy

kingbaker
26-08-2015, 05:07
Anybody got any up to date news of this tragedy?

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2015, 11:27
Anybody got any up to date news of this tragedy?

Your up early - stock exchange stuff is it ?