PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tennis in or near Playa San Juan or Alcala

AndyG
23-08-2015, 13:47
Can anyone tell me of a tennis court for public use in or near Playa San Juan please? I don't have a car so will be using the bus if necessary.

Moderator___
23-08-2015, 15:37
I am sure there are public tennis courts at the Complejo Deportivo in Puerto Santiago. The bus from Playa San Juan (any of the buses) go there. Get off near Thr Blarney Stone and walk five minutes up Calle de Lajiall. It's sort of round the corner to the right at the top of the road. You will probably have to take out membership but it's not expensive. Take a Spanish speaker with you if you don't speak Spanish. I think the membership gives you access to the swimming pool but for most other things there will be an extra charge.

garlicbread
24-08-2015, 11:01
you could also try at the Tennis Centre next to the bus station in Los Gigantes with three sand/carpet courts. They have open fun tournaments on Sundays and Wednesdays in the summer and they have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TennisInTenerife?fref=ts.

An alternative is the Santiago Sporting Club behind the post office in Puerto Santiago with two hard courts but you'll need to find a partner to hit with here.

kingbaker
24-08-2015, 11:15
I think that there are (is) a league(s) in the Gigantes area.....not sure where but you could ask locally when you're there.;)