PDA

View Full Version : Other How Long Before Isis Reach The Canaries?

TOTO 99
25-08-2015, 16:34
When I see Spain and Morocco together in a terrorism news story I begin to wonder how long it'll be before we suffer anything along the lines of the Tunisian attack?....You can't help but think it would be so simple for them. They roll in by the boatload. The next arrivals might not be selling watches..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34049586

Tshirt
25-08-2015, 19:02
When I see Spain and Morocco together in a terrorism news story I begin to wonder how long it'll be before we suffer anything along the lines of the Tunisian attack?....You can't help but think it would be so simple for them. They roll in by the boatload. The next arrivals might not be selling watches..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34049586

But would it stop you going?

TOTO 99
25-08-2015, 19:33
But would it stop you going?

If it stopped me going then they've already won mate, so no..
Having said that, I wouldn't fancy going to Tunisia now, so if anything did happen in Tenerife I'd probably stop going.

delderek
25-08-2015, 19:41
Well they are thick idiots, but are they stupid enough to try something on a tiny Island in the Atlantic, that isn't easy to escape from?

marbro8
25-08-2015, 19:44
But would it stop you going?it would stop me. what is the point of risking your life just to have a couple of weeks in the sun. we have already said we are going to miss out the trip to the beach in october and just stay round the pool in our LOCKED complex. it has stopped the tourism to tunisia as well. because they were talking about closing the hotel where all those poor people lost their lives. maybe i'm a wus:. i said i wouldn't ever go to a muslim country to holiday ever again. but all the looky looky men are muslim. it only takes one fanatic:dontknow: so just staying away from the beach may not be enough?. the only way to deal with these scum is to throw some foot soldiers at them. from several different counties. either that or drop a nuclear bomb over there and blame the iranien's. they seem to be marching on everywhere and taking over? it's no good keep spending billions on bombing raids that HOPEFULLY kill a couple?. they destroyed a unesco site last week and nobody seems to give a dam???

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Well they are thick idiots, but are they stupid enough to try something on a tiny Island in the Atlantic, that isn't easy to escape from?but that's just it. they are brainwashed and all they want to do is die killing westerners and they will be propelled into heaven with so many virgins waiting for them. so that wouldn't stop them. far from it in fact:(

warbey
25-08-2015, 19:55
Give Me a gun.

When it is made clear We stand together, an eye for an eye etc. they will think twice.

Sure I would be excused for accidentally shooting some of the thieves and robbers who have already invaded.?

blondie
25-08-2015, 20:21
The airlines are going to kill off holidays to Tenerife if they carry on blaming the Tunisian crisis for the hike in the price of airfares, they are scandalous. This is the week we would have been back over but I am in the process of looking elsewhere for a more realistic price . Yes Isis would stop me travelling abroad , we would just have to get used to no sun , to be honest that is really our biggest reason for going now , there are other Islands though. Tenerife would do well to remember that in their grand scheme of things

golazzo
25-08-2015, 21:50
It's becoming a joke with prices for Flights to Tenerife. Mid October before half term with Jet2 return flights for 9 nights is £740. WTF.

That's Manchester for 2

Anne 2009
25-08-2015, 22:12
It's becoming a joke with prices for Flights to Tenerife. Mid October before half term with Jet2 return flights for 9 nights is £740. WTF.

That's Manchester for 2

I paid £450 for flights last year. This year its cost £615.

Angusjim
26-08-2015, 10:06
Well they are thick idiots, but are they stupid enough to try something on a tiny Island in the Atlantic, that isn't easy to escape from?

Suicide bombers don't buy return tickets

Sundowner
26-08-2015, 10:12
IMHO there is a far greater chance of an attack in the U.K.

Logic suggests that the more holidays you have in Tenerife the safer you are...........

seanocelt
26-08-2015, 13:26
"Tenerife" does not dictate the flight prices guys. The airlines are using Tunisia as an excuse perhaps, but the fact is we are a popular destination and people are willing to pay inflated prices now sadly. Affects us here too if we want to pop back home. Only extra flights are likely to bring prices down so please stop blaming "Tenerife". We all had it good on flight prices for years so until it changes book early as poos. But STOP BLAMING TENERIFE: Please.

Angusjim
26-08-2015, 13:31
"Tenerife" does not dictate the flight prices guys. The airlines are using Tunisia as an excuse perhaps, but the fact is we are a popular destination and people are willing to pay inflated prices now sadly. Affects us here too if we want to pop back home. Only extra flights are likely to bring prices down so please stop blaming "Tenerife". We all had it good on flight prices for years so until it changes book early as poos. But STOP BLAMING TENERIFE: Please.

Sean it appears when booking at the moment that price to go out from UK is a lot cheaper than the return from Tenerife why does that happen ???

seanocelt
26-08-2015, 13:38
Depends on things like school holiday overlaps, many come for 2.5 , or 3 weeks with kids not the usual 7 /10/14 day cycle. Tends to level out when term starts, also impacted by summer workers heading home to University etc.

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2015, 14:08
Sean it appears when booking at the moment that price to go out from UK is a lot cheaper than the return from Tenerife why does that happen ???

I know it's not the same but I can travel down to London from Wales for 15.00 then the return will normally be about 40.00. I don't get that.

I've been lucky sometimes and done the whole journey for 28.00/35.00:dontknow:

TOTO 99
26-08-2015, 14:16
It's always been the same.

The companies aren't stupid. They get you with the front page cheap outbound. They know that the majority have to come back, simple as that...

Anyway who hijacked my terrorism thread?

See how I got that back on topic then?......

blondie
26-08-2015, 15:37
I t was me , sorry , I am just so peed off with not being able to get a decent priced holiday Some of the ones I have looked at are twice the price for the same place , what is going on there , someone being more than greedy methinks :dontknow:

warbey
26-08-2015, 20:54
I saw a picture on FB earlier. the guardia confiscating the electrical knockoverers in Americas.
Yes, another few terroristas sorted.? TOTO 99 ...almost back on track.....lol

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I t was me , sorry , I am just so peed off with not being able to get a decent priced holiday Some of the ones I have looked at are twice the price for the same place , what is going on there , someone being more than greedy methinks :dontknow:

Agreed...................Get a Plan b.

I suggest Costa del Sol.....IMO less thieves too!

marbro8
26-08-2015, 21:42
IMHO there is a far greater chance of an attack in the U.K.

Logic suggests that the more holidays you have in Tenerife the safer you are...........thats why i tend to stear clear of the bull ring at xmas. if they are going to try and kill a lot of people then it will be a large shopping centre like that or the trafford centre. the only thing is. the places are full of british muslims as well as british whites so how could they justify that???

essexeddie
26-08-2015, 23:29
thats why i tend to stear clear of the bull ring at xmas. if they are going to try and kill a lot of people then it will be a large shopping centre like that or the trafford centre. the only thing is. the places are full of british muslims as well as british whites so how could they justify that???

They kill their own family so I'm sure they're not botherd about other Muslims.

babybadger
27-08-2015, 09:42
Not even Nelson could take Tenerife

Ecky Thump
27-08-2015, 09:58
Suicide bombers don't buy return tickets

Ask kingbaker about that, he was telling us of a Irish suicide bomber who was awarded with a medal, as he flew seven successful missions!:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
27-08-2015, 10:40
Ask kingbaker about that, he was telling us of a Irish suicide bomber who was awarded with a medal, as he flew seven successful missions!:laugh:

:crylaughing:

kingbaker
28-08-2015, 20:38

Keep takin' the medication Ecky, it'll kick in.......eventually:p:D:D

clivey
09-09-2015, 12:44
I`ll be honest and say the sight of this thread alone made my blood run cold, then I thought about it a little bit more. Spain has learned a lesson from the last time it was part of a great caliphate and has strongly avoided , for whatever reason the rapid muslimification experienced by the rest of europe. To be totally crass. " not every muslim is a terrorist.,But nearly all of the terroists we fear are muslims".

The Panic migration being seen in the Med area is total proof that normal muslims are mainly opposed to these mad *******erdos, but until the middle east is freed from the menace( whatever that means or takes ) then for sure the world is not safe.

essexeddie
09-09-2015, 17:44
The powers that are running Europe and a lot of its citizens are soft in the head and are ignorant and oblivious of the dangers that are unfolding. We are our own worse enemy. Until we can be in control of our borders we are at the mercy of events that will happen. Our last hope is to get out of the EU. We have a good natural fence with the English Channel. Until then we have to do what Germany tells us. Why did we bother with the last two world wars. We are living in a very dangerous world.

marbro8
09-09-2015, 18:10
i read in the sun today about how they managed to trace and target those two british jihadists. we have broken their surespot encryption app. and they thought that it was unreachable by western security services. well thanks for broadcasting that:angry:, lets just hope they don't read the sun and carry on using it:doh:

delderek
09-09-2015, 18:16
Has anyone noticed, (apart from the media concentrating on a few families), that 90% of these immigrants, seem to be young single males. How many militant anti western Jihadi's are with them? why is Europe so stupid?

essexeddie
09-09-2015, 19:03
i read in the sun today about how they managed to trace and target those two british jihadists. we have broken their surespot encryption app. and they thought that it was unreachable by western security services. well thanks for broadcasting that:angry:, lets just hope they don't read the sun and carry on using it:doh:

As I said earlier, we are our own worse enemy.

Medman
09-09-2015, 22:12
As I said earlier, we are our own worse enemy.

Whatever happened to the SECRET service ? I'm sick and tired of hearing whinging, so called do gooders shouting for justification of defending ourselves !! Shut up and let them get on with it. We don't need to know, never mind the bloody terrorists ... the loonies are taking over the asylum !!

imablue
09-09-2015, 22:38
This is War that they have started..
Retaliatory action is allowed in any shape or form ..so be it...
The sooner it is ended ..the sooner the migrant crisis may possibly end..
The innocents always pay..

YOUNG GOLFER
09-09-2015, 23:04
This is War that they have started..
Retaliatory action is allowed in any shape or form ..so be it...
The sooner it is ended ..the sooner the migrant crisis may possibly end..
The innocents always pay..

Looks like the Russians are joining in the fight against terrorism.

TOTO 99
10-09-2015, 21:11
The powers that are running Europe and a lot of its citizens are soft in the head and are ignorant and oblivious of the dangers that are unfolding. We are our own worse enemy. Until we can be in control of our borders we are at the mercy of events that will happen. Our last hope is to get out of the EU. We have a good natural fence with the English Channel. Until then we have to do what Germany tells us. Why did we bother with the last two world wars. We are living in a very dangerous world.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this rant that's circling Facebook today Eddie. It's attributed to John Cleese but it transpires it wasn't him. Nevertheless it's brilliant.....

ALERTS TO THREATS IN EUROPE: BY JOHN CLEESE

by John Cleese - British writer, actor and tall person

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "P1ssed Off" to "Let's get the B@st@rds." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels .

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

A final thought - " Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC".

princessmonika
11-09-2015, 06:52
well-- Europe wake up :bottomline:

toricesfario
11-09-2015, 18:10
Very interesting new Toto. Thanks

Danny McGill
17-09-2015, 16:15
Been asking myself this question too.... and the flight prices are pretty grim at the minute for this time of year.

willowlily
18-09-2015, 10:28
Ryanair is certainly not the budget airline anymore.
on the same route Thomson comes out cheaper

back on topic

I am relying on the canarian government not to be as lily livered as the rest of Europe in allowing unregulated immigration

TOTO 99
18-09-2015, 11:02
Ryanair is certainly not the budget airline anymore.
on the same route Thomson comes out cheaper

back on topic

I am relying on the canarian government not to be as lily livered as the rest of Europe in allowing unregulated immigration

I don't think their immigrants tend to come via border control..that was the basis of this thread...easy in, easy targets...very worrying.