PDA

View Full Version : Airport Restaurants

Angusjim
29-08-2015, 11:00
We recently flew out of Glasgow International Airport first time for a few years as we usually use Edinburgh as its much handier for us, one thing I did note there seems to be much more choice of places to eat there than at Edinburgh which really does not have much choice. How do you find your local airport restaurants maybe a wee review about the food and service would be helpful to others maybe using an airport for the first time. We used the Beardmore Bar / Restaurant for our early morning breakfast there was plenty of choice from cereals / porridge to full Scottish, service and food was very good, price well its an airport so you expect to be ripped off.

Ecky Thump
29-08-2015, 17:26
Prestwick Airport.....

Very little on offer for early flights, apart from a Bacon Roll and a cup of tea. The Elvis Presley lounge does offer a range of flat beers and over priced spirits.....but it's only thirty minutes from my house!:)

warbey
29-08-2015, 20:42
Manchester isn't too bad. There's about 5 outlets with the biggest one allowing Beverage fill-ups if needed, priced accordingly

BUT...Has Anyone Noted, You cannot obtain a drink of Water from a Tap.....

so what about Human rights ? ? ? ?

Angusjim
30-08-2015, 07:37
Prestwick Airport.....

Very little on offer for early flights, apart from a Bacon Roll and a cup of tea. The Elvis Presley lounge does offer a range of flat beers and over priced spirits.....but it's only thirty minutes from my house!:)

Yea but Prestwick is basically a down market bus station there are better facilities at Dundee bus station, Prestwick badly needs investment but I fear more likely to close

TOTO 99
30-08-2015, 08:56
The last few times out of Manchester the queues through security have been horrendous. So much so that there wasn't time to stop for a cup of tea never mind a meal. Fridays seem to be the worst so I avoid that now.

To be honest, despite the obvious "lack of cost effectiveness" shall we say, I prefer to eat on the plane for no other reason than it breaks the boredom up a bit........:tiphat:

amanda
30-08-2015, 09:34
Theres lots of choice at gatwick, too expensive now I think too they have put in a liad of expensive shops and bars

Ecky Thump
30-08-2015, 09:56
Yea but Prestwick is basically a down market bus station there are better facilities at Dundee bus station, Prestwick badly needs investment but I fear more likely to close

There's only three things that keep Prestwick Airport in existence, one is Ryanaire and they have moved a lot of their traffic to Glasgow, the fact that it's owned by the Scottish Government and the SNP wouldn't want to be seen to closing it down....egg on their face!! Also when other airports in Scotland are temporally closed to the weather, Prestwick because of its geographical position doesen't normally get the severe weather or fog and flights can easily be diverted there, especially transatlantic ones.

Information.....the only time that Elvis Presley came to Britain he landed at Prestwick, he looked out the door and saw a bunch of Hairy Ar**d Scotsman and sat back in his seat!!:lol: hence the name of the bar bar called the "Elvis Bar".

kingbaker
30-08-2015, 10:06
Good job that I didn't say that:D

marbro8
31-08-2015, 08:27
We try to fly from Birmingham if we can. It has some very capable eating outlets and plenty of shops to browse. Unlike East mids which I think it's a s@@@ehole and harder to get to than Manchester for some reason.we don't eat at any airport if we can help it. We go to our local Toby restaurant all you can eat for £3.99. It really is good value for money. Well it is for the rest of the family. I usually just have cereals and toast. While the rest are filling up on the full monty.

kingbaker
31-08-2015, 09:07
I love Brum airport and Tfs but poor selection of food in Dublin and prices are extortionate.

Angusjim
31-08-2015, 09:21
We try to fly from Birmingham if we can. It has some very capable eating outlets and plenty of shops to browse. Unlike East mids which I think it's a s@@@ehole and harder to get to than Manchester for some reason.we don't eat at any airport if we can help it. We go to our local Toby restaurant all you can eat for £3.99. It really is good value for money. Well it is for the rest of the family. I usually just have cereals and toast. While the rest are filling up on the full monty.

Off topic but you will have to look at Norwegian Air flight prices from Birmingham:tiphat:

marbro8
31-08-2015, 09:33
Off topic but you will have to look at Norwegian Air flight prices from Birmingham:tiphat:
Thanks AJ I will take a look, and don't worry there is no off topic on your own thread:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I love Brum airport and Tfs but poor selection of food in Dublin and prices are extortionate.
I like tfs, the upper crust:yum: Lovely healthy fresh baguettes

Angusjim
31-08-2015, 10:04
Thanks AJ I will take a look, and don't worry there is no off topic on your own thread:D

Especially good with a large portion of fries from Burger King:lol::lol:

Ecky Thump
31-08-2015, 10:49

It's only the fresh baguettes from TFS that make the journey home sufferable.:yum: :airplane:

kingbaker
31-08-2015, 10:52
Yep....especially after the walk of shame:p

Medman
31-08-2015, 10:56
There's only three things that keep Prestwick Airport in existence, one is Ryanaire and they have moved a lot of their traffic to Glasgow, the fact that it's owned by the Scottish Government and the SNP wouldn't want to be seen to closing it down....egg on their face!! Also when other airports in Scotland are temporally closed to the weather, Prestwick because of its geographical position doesen't normally get the severe weather or fog and flights can easily be diverted there, especially transatlantic ones.

Information.....the only time that Elvis Presley came to Britain he landed at Prestwick, he looked out the door and saw a bunch of Hairy Ar**d Scotsman and sat back in his seat!!:lol: hence the name of the bar bar called the "Elvis Bar".

Don't forget reason number four (or should it be fore!) Donald Trump and Uncle Michael are very good friends and it is Donald's intention to fly in Americans for golf trips to his newly acquired Turnberry .... watch this space !

Ecky Thump
31-08-2015, 11:01
Don't forget reason number four (or should it be fore!) Donald Trump and Uncle Michael are very good friends and it is Donald's intention to fly in Americans for golf trips to his newly acquired Turnberry .... watch this space !

So at the check in desk, we won't have the normal early morning Ryanair yawn, it will be replaced by a very genuine sounding......"Missing You Already":lol:

TOTO 99
31-08-2015, 11:19
So at the check in desk, we won't have the normal early morning Ryanair yawn, it will be replaced by a very genuine sounding......"Missing You Already":lol:

At least you'll be guaranteed a Burger King outlet in there.......Right next door to the Gun Shop...:lol:

Ecky Thump
31-08-2015, 17:50
At least you'll be guaranteed a Burger King outlet in there.......Right next door to the Gun Shop...:lol:

We don't do guns in the Glasgow area, still resort to the old cut throat razor!:lol:

warbey
31-08-2015, 19:59

TFS has most if not all Facilities and I like it especially when arriving st My Favourate Destination

Going Home has nearly always been smooth, although security can be a little iffy.

Wish I could say the same of MAN security.!!!!!

Prices seem to be too high, but food is easily obtainable.
So why has noone else commented.?

marbro8
31-08-2015, 20:49
It's only the fresh baguettes from TFS that make the journey home sufferable.:yum: :airplane:yes but you get some grudging looks from the trolley dolly's when you bring your own fodder on board. instead of buying their overpriced crap:lol:

We don't do guns in the Glasgow area, still resort to the old cut throat razor!:lol:don't forget the forehead:lol:

Ecky Thump
31-08-2015, 20:55
yes but you get some grudging looks from the trolley dolly's when you bring your own fodder on board. instead of buying their overpriced crap:lol:

It's when I open my bottles of Darada sin alcohol beer when I get the dirty look, .but I have stopped Carol from drinking out of her bottle of Smirnoff Vodka....she now decants it into a Tizer Bottle!!:lol:

marbro8
31-08-2015, 20:57
It's when I open my bottles of Darada sin alcohol beer when I get the dirty look, .but I have stopped Carol from drinking out of her bottle of Smirnoff Vodka....she now decants it into a Tizer Bottle!!:lol:clever girl:lol::lol::lol:

warbey
31-08-2015, 21:11
It's when I open my bottles of Darada sin alcohol beer when I get the dirty look, .but I have stopped Carol from drinking out of her bottle of Smirnoff Vodka....she now decants it into a Tizer Bottle!!:lol:

We do that too Ecky.

With a plastic bottle You can get 2 litres of Smirnoff for the same weight..

EricN
01-09-2015, 17:16
Airport grub is for emergency use only when your plane is delayed. I go for a Boots meal deal to scoff on the plane, also kills half an hour working out how to open the packet without sharing it all with the rest of the passengers.

TOTO 99
01-09-2015, 19:34
We do that too Ecky.

With a plastic bottle You can get 2 litres of Smirnoff for the same weight..

Welcome to the forum McWarbey...:laugh:

warbey
01-09-2015, 19:59
Welcome to the forum McWarbey...:laugh:

Aye Jimmy, dinnae fesh.! Wots Yours.? marbro8 his round.:devil: :D:D

marbro8
01-09-2015, 20:14
Aye Jimmy, dinnae fesh.! Wots Yours.? marbro8 his round.:devil: :D:Dorder whatever ye want boys. i'm that pished i'll pay for anything:trink2:. i will worry about it tomorrow:laugh:

Angusjim
02-09-2015, 09:12
order whatever ye want boys. i'm that pished i'll pay for anything:trink2:. i will worry about it tomorrow:laugh:

Part Scottish impossible no part of a Scotsman would ever say that no matter how pished you are:wow::wow::crazy:

marbro8
02-09-2015, 09:59
Part Scottish impossible no part of a Scotsman would ever say that no matter how pished you are:wow::wow::crazy: I have notified the mods because I think my account has been hacked:eyebrows: