PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Rental Struggling for accommodation near to Safari Centre October

golazzo
29-08-2015, 17:42
What the hell is going on. Hardly any choice for the month of October. Any suggestions. And please don't say. Stay at home.

Red Devil
29-08-2015, 22:16
What the hell is going on. Hardly any choice for the month of October. Any suggestions. And please don't say. Stay at home.

I would guess one of the main reasons is the number of private rentals who have pulled out. There now isnt enough of the type of accommodation most people want. What is available is now vastly overpriced because of supply & demand - the sole agents must be delighted.

Angusjim
30-08-2015, 07:35
I would guess one of the main reasons is the number of private rentals who have pulled out. There now isnt enough of the type of accommodation most people want. What is available is now vastly overpriced because of supply & demand - the sole agents must be delighted.

And so it begins lack of accommodation that the customer wants and loves all because of government incompetence in not finding what is a simple fix to allow private letting, that on top of spiraling cost of flights not good news. In my opinion it will also put people off buying property when basically a third party decides what the return will be on your property that can't be right:(

Red Devil
30-08-2015, 10:07
And so it begins lack of accommodation that the customer wants and loves all because of government incompetence in not finding what is a simple fix to allow private letting, that on top of spiraling cost of flights not good news. In my opinion it will also put people off buying property when basically a third party decides what the return will be on your property that can't be right:(

Most people could see a couple of years ago where all this was going, but the government and hoteliers thought they knew what was best.
I know loads of people who arent going to Tenerife this year, airfares partly responsible admittedly.
My brother wanted to come to Tenerife for both Nov & Feb as usual but just cant find any vacancies in the places where he specifically wanted to stay.
Dont know many other holiday regions like the Canaries who bites the hand that feeds them.

blondie
30-08-2015, 12:31
Totally agree with everything you say and they are only going to have themselves to blame . They have had so many lean years you would think that now things are looking up they would be content to let things be . Could have written the script for this why could the powers that be not see what was going to happen with their shortsighted meddling .

seanocelt
30-08-2015, 12:37
Its not just that guys. (deffo has an impact). We have the Tunisia factor added to the Egyptian one of the past. We have increased flights from Norway. Same for Sweden. And now Ireland. Somethings gotta give. I help 3 owners get bookings, im telling you now, this winter is booked solid. Book early is my advice for flights and accom things have changed.

Angusjim
30-08-2015, 13:00
Its not just that guys. (deffo has an impact). We have the Tunisia factor added to the Egyptian one of the past. We have increased flights from Norway. Same for Sweden. And now Ireland. Somethings gotta give. I help 3 owners get bookings, im telling you now, this winter is booked solid. Book early is my advice for flights and accom things have changed.

Sean to be honest personally if I cannot get the accommodation that I like and that is part of why we come to Tenerife then I will just move on to somewhere else, only thing I would REALLY miss would be your gig:wink:

seanocelt
30-08-2015, 13:13
Aye right!! No you are correct of course people will chose elsewhere through necessity if no accom or dear flights. Its book early or try Lanzarote or other islands. Fuerteventura seems to offer best deals. I like Tenerife most, others just dont compare but it is getting busier/dearer to reach. Upside is if you are a drinker we are still 30 to 50% cheaper than the others due to competition (and stupidity!)