PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving next month

Outofhere
31-08-2015, 09:34
Hi All
I will be moving over next month with my family ( wife and ten year old son) .
We will be looking to rent for at least 3 months , while looking for a suitable place to buy or build .
We will be home schooling our son for the first while and will have a bit of schooling to do ourselves :) , mainly learning the language and the ropes , red tape etc.
Originally from South Africa ,and have been in the UK for the last 12 years , so time for a change and some warmer weather.!
We will also be looking for business / work opportunities . I have a varied back ground , which I hope to put to good use. I have worked in the shop fitting industry for many years including top UK brands and have also been involved in the marine industry and automotvive restorations , so would be interested to hear from anybody who is involved in these industries for oppertunies or any business that may be for sale.?
My wife has many years experience in the banking , investment and foreign exchange industries , particularly in compliance .
I speak Dutch fluently and hope that that will be of some use as well.
From what I have read , I understand that it's pretty tough going finding work so will remain open minded regarding this , although not under any preasure to get into anything straight away.
If needs be , I would contract in the UK from time to time .
I would be keen to hear from any other South Africans living out there as well , it's World Cup time aftre all.
All positive comments , advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

warbey
31-08-2015, 20:38
Welcome to the Forum..........

and Good Luck.....

Outofhere
31-08-2015, 22:21
Welcome to the Forum..........

and Good Luck.....
Thanks Warbey-are you based on the Island ?

Megaloo
31-08-2015, 22:39
Welcome from me too All the best for the future

Malteser Monkey
01-09-2015, 11:54
Thanks Warbey-are you based on the Island ?

Warbey is based wherever his bottle of vino takes him:D

He is on the north Wales borders

Welcome and good luck from me !

Outofhere
02-09-2015, 14:24
Thanks for all the welcomes .
We will be going overland to Cadiz and then over on the ferry , should be an epic trip .!

Tony the Welder
02-09-2015, 15:23
hi wish you and your family all the best , hope you take a few notes on your journey so you can tell us the details , long let apartments normally 6 months plus you really need to be looking now and maybe pre book so you have a base sorted out for when you arrive

Outofhere
07-09-2015, 20:38
hi wish you and your family all the best , hope you take a few notes on your journey so you can tell us the details , long let apartments normally 6 months plus you really need to be looking now and maybe pre book so you have a base sorted out for when you arrive
Thanks Tony.!
Will be keeping a full log of our travels , not sure yet , probably on a Facebook page. Will post links .
House now rented out , job jacked , and very busy converting my T5 van into a camper.

Tony the Welder
09-09-2015, 08:04
Thanks Tony.!
Will be keeping a full log of our travels , not sure yet , probably on a Facebook page. Will post links .
House now rented out , job jacked , and very busy converting my T5 van into a camper.

all the best on your travels tenerife is waiting for you

wiggers
09-09-2015, 12:00
Can anybody help with estimating the annual cost of Rates and Income tax for a €150k property. It will be used for 6 months of the year and not rented out. I will be a non-resident.

bennoa1
10-09-2015, 09:51
Not sure about rates. We get charged for community charge, water, electric and basura but nothing else, other than the bank charges and mortgage payments. Our tax annually (they assume its rented out although it isn't) is around 380 euros but that is through a solicitor doing the whole process which about doubles what the actual charge is but at least we have piece of mind they complete and submit the paperwork, which I get a copy of and wouldn't want to be falling foul by completing it myself.

princessmonika
11-09-2015, 07:00
all cost including a car -- 450 euro per month , for a 2 bed place---without food and going out and other things--

Outofhere
04-10-2015, 13:36
Well-we have left the Uk and are working our way across France -down to Cadiz -need to catch the ferry on the 20th.

Megaloo
04-10-2015, 18:33
Well-we have left the Uk and are working our way across France -down to Cadiz -need to catch the ferry on the 20th.

Safe Journey