PDA

View Full Version : Other bed for the night hanging about in Airport or PDLC

clivey
01-09-2015, 13:30
Yet another advice thread by myself.
I`m due to pick up my keys on 1st Oct in PDLC but me and Mrs Clivey will not arrive in TFS until after 1900 hrs on the 30th. Now. once upon a time i would have toughed it out in the bus station or hung about until daytime but on this occasion i am not travelling particularlly light and I am perhaps getting soft with age.

What do the members suggest I do. Ive thought about getting on a public bus to PDLC and just checking into the 1st hotel i see but thats pretty stupid. I`ll listen to all ideas and feel free to inject as much humour ito the thing as you like.

Malteser Monkey
01-09-2015, 13:38
I`ll listen to all ideas and feel free to inject as much humour ito the thing as you like.

I wish more were like you:D

Is there not a hostel where you can "shelter" for the night ?

clivey
01-09-2015, 13:50
I wish more were like you:D

Is there not a hostel where you can "shelter" for the night ?

]
I could refuse to leave the plane or sneak into one of the bars but they all shut early. How long does the bus take to go up to PDLC over 2 hours i bet. A Taxi quicker, but open wallet surgery. I`d easily book a hotel but lord knows what time I would arrive there. surely there will be be a way i can leave luggage and then leg it to some B& B near to the airport in time for a tuck in and Night cap.

amanda
01-09-2015, 13:53
Just book into a hotel for the night not that expensive

Megaloo
01-09-2015, 13:55
Why don't you hire a car for 24 hours pre book with a company that enables you to leave it in the North . There are a few quite cheap places where you could stay and have a comfortable night pre book that you then have somewhere to leave your luggage while you go to pick up your keys

As a matter of interest where in Puerto de las Cruz are you going to be ? I am in the North

Malteser Monkey
01-09-2015, 14:01
]
I could refuse to leave the plane or sneak into one of the bars but they all shut early. How long does the bus take to go up to PDLC over 2 hours i bet. A Taxi quicker, but open wallet surgery. I`d easily book a hotel but lord knows what time I would arrive there. surely there will be be a way i can leave luggage and then leg it to some B& B near to the airport in time for a tuck in and Night cap.

I really don't know but I'm sure one or 2 of our Northern Residents be along soon, good luck

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Why don't you hire a car for 24 hours pre book with a company that enables you to leave it in the North . There are a few quite cheap places where you could stay and have a comfortable night pre book that you then have somewhere to leave your luggage while you go to pick up your keys

As a matter of interest where in Puerto de las Cruz are you going to be ? I am in the North

I was just going to go back and ask where they were staying

marbro8
01-09-2015, 14:05
There is a lovely villa on the beach in Los cris. Just in front of R&B bar and sol e lunar. And it's free:laugh:
Seriously though just pre book a cheap hotel on line. You could book one near to the airport so that the taxi fare wudnt cost that much. Then jump on a bus to your intended destination in the morning all fresh and ready to party

Ecky Thump
01-09-2015, 14:07
There are plenty of "LADIES" in Tenerife that will willingly offer you a bed for the night...I'm told that they offer all sorts of companionship, at a price!:devil2:

marbro8
01-09-2015, 14:13
There are plenty of "LADIES" in Tenerife that will willingly offer you a bed for the night...I'm told that they offer all sorts of companionship, at a price!:devil2:
That's a taxi to The margarita complex then:laugh:

Ecky Thump
01-09-2015, 14:18
That's a taxi to The margarita complex then:laugh:

How would you know about that.....I hope you haven't been reading the messages on the lampposts and by the telephones!!:D

primrose
01-09-2015, 14:42
Hire a car for one night and look at this Hotel 33 Euros for 2 people for 1 night rateing 8.7 or go by bus it's only 200 meters from bus station.

Hotel Sun Holidays 1-star hotel, good reviews-
Today's Value Deal

La Peñita, 6, 38400 Puerto de la Cruz, Spain – Show map

Will be up there in time for a night out.

marbro8
01-09-2015, 15:28
Nope but I do read the canarian weekly lol��

Sundowner
01-09-2015, 15:35
You could try Airbnb

macdonald5
01-09-2015, 16:29
A taxi from airport approx £20 ( or cheaper option of Titsa bus) to Los Cristianos Hotel Andreas in town centre only £28 Or £35 including breakfast ( Alpha rooms) for 1 night
Then Titsa bus from Los Cristianos direct to Puerto De La Cruz when suits you

Tshirt
01-09-2015, 18:07
Hire a car for 1 night and kip in it.

primrose
01-09-2015, 18:09
Hire a car for 1 night and kip in it.

Why kip in a car when you can get a Hotel room for 33 Euros for 2 people.

Tshirt
01-09-2015, 18:13
It was just a light hearted suggestion Primrose, no need to get uppity with me.

melm
01-09-2015, 18:57
]

Have used the bus many times and find it normally takes around 1hour 15minutes. Traffic permitting.:spin: The 343 leaves the airport for Puerto around 8.30pm so that should suit your flight arrival. Or you could book a transfer, we have used Yurena on occasion . The nearest hotel to the bus stop is the Dania/Magec (changed its name so many times recently). Other hotels that are close to the bus stop are the Tenerife Ving , the Noelia or Luabay.

Good luck

primrose
01-09-2015, 19:06
It was just a light hearted suggestion Primrose, no need to get uppity with me.

That was me being nice, you will know when I get uppity:)

warbey
01-09-2015, 20:18
Plenty to chew on up to now.

Have you explored the Possibility of arriving one night earlier where you are staying.

They may accomodate you as you will be there for more than a day or so.?

Personally I would follow up on Primroses suggestion because I'm older and built for comfort now too!!

clivey
03-09-2015, 11:43
Have used the bus many times and find it normally takes around 1hour 15minutes. Traffic permitting.:spin: The 343 leaves the airport for Puerto around 8.30pm so that should suit your flight arrival. Or you could book a transfer, we have used Yurena on occasion . The nearest hotel to the bus stop is the Dania/Magec (changed its name so many times recently). Other hotels that are close to the bus stop are the Tenerife Ving , the Noelia or Luabay.

Good luck

Thanks for all the great suggestions. A lot of food for thought.

It looks like I`ll just have to trust in Ol Queezy jet to arrive on time. I`ll probably book a cheapo room and hope that we make it. thanks for suggestions for hotels really close Walking distance to bus station bearing in mind. we will be laden and it will be around 23.00 Yikes . Lord. I don`t fancy that at all . Perhaps a taxi would be sensible, or just holing up at Airport vicinity. Ideas for hotels near Tenerife South appreciated.

Clivey

Ecky Thump
03-09-2015, 11:59
Thanks for all the great suggestions. A lot of food for thought.

It looks like I`ll just have to trust in Ol Queezy jet to arrive on time. I`ll probably book a cheapo room and hope that we make it. thanks for suggestions for hotels really close Walking distance to bus station bearing in mind. we will be laden and it will be around 23.00 Yikes . Lord. I don`t fancy that at all . Perhaps a taxi would be sensible, or just holing up at Airport vicinity. Ideas for hotels near Tenerife South appreciated.

Clivey

If you are thinking of staying in the South of the island for one night, it would probably be worth jumping into a taxi at the airport and go to Los Cristianos, which will cost you about €25. One hotel in the centre of Los Cristianos is the Andrea's, I think their rate is about €30 a night per room. You can book this hotel on line with Trivago, but there I'll be other sites if you Google the hotel name.

Another central hotel worth trying is the Reveron Plaza.....which would be my personal choice for both position and quality, but still not overly priced.

ribuck
06-09-2015, 02:04
If you want a bed near the airport, don't go all the way to Los Cristianos. Hop on the bus or a taxi for the very short ride to San Isidro where you can stay at the economical Hotel Auropuerto Sur (which has a restaurant and bar) or the Hotel Ucanca (which is upstairs in a shopping centre and has nice rooms but nothing more).

Angusjim
06-09-2015, 07:33
Jist pay the money ya tight wad:raspberry2:

clivey
07-09-2015, 12:50
Jist pay the money ya tight wad:raspberry2:

Very Funny, I have now in fact booked nights accommodation in GDS but still have to get up to PDLC by titsa the next day to arrange key collection with portatenerife estate agency. It`s actually the luggage that`s the issue. it`s OK whilst on route but a royal PITA once at destination. I suppose the next question I really need a good answer to is this. Where is the best place to store luggage for an hour or 2 perhaps even until next day? this needs to be really close to bus station.

thanks in advance to all

Faraway
07-09-2015, 17:22
I remember once missing the last ferry to La Gomera and had to sleep in one of those luggage trolleys with all our luggage till next morning!

clivey
07-09-2015, 19:37
I remember once missing the last ferry to La Gomera and had to sleep in one of those luggage trolleys with all our luggage till next morning!
One of favourite comic films is the out of the towners where the visitors to a locked down new York have a shockingly horrific experience.

When you are younger it,s all adventure like going to Glastonbury or whatever. Not great when you are toting 4 cases and medications etc

Megaloo
07-09-2015, 20:38
Very Funny, I have now in fact booked nights accommodation in GDS but still have to get up to PDLC by titsa the next day to arrange key collection with portatenerife estate agency. It`s actually the luggage that`s the issue. it`s OK whilst on route but a royal PITA once at destination. I suppose the next question I really need a good answer to is this. Where is the best place to store luggage for an hour or 2 perhaps even until next day? this needs to be really close to bus station.

thanks in advance to all

Sorry still think your best bet would have been to come up to Puerto de la Cruz the same night and booked into a hotel or B/b surely you could have left your luggage there while collecting the keys , Sorry I do not live near the Bus Station otherwise you could have left it here for a few hours

clivey
09-09-2015, 13:00
yep .I agree. if only the flight was an earlier one. this is what I would have done. It`s funny how even in the 24 hour world of the 21st century the primeval fear/respect of the night remains strong. For sure we are more vulnerable to attack during the hours of darkness, once from wild animals and opposing tribes and now by opportunist and organised criminals.

Anyway. I`ll be arriving in PDLC early next day but still would prefer to leave my luggage close to the busstation although. I may plump for hoofing it over to Calle luis de la Cruz for keys complete with luggage LOL