PDA

View Full Version : Other boiler leaking

lindacaroline
03-09-2015, 08:51
Can anyone recommend a person to fix leaking boiler, is only a year old.

Ecky Thump
03-09-2015, 09:19
Can anyone recommend a person to fix leaking boiler, is only a year old.

If you are in the South of Tenerife, you can try Larry Tel. 63591137 larrywatson10@gmail.com he is English and very helpful, also he doesen't charge a fortune.

....if you are ilive on the West coast of Scotland, my next door neighbour is a heating engineer, but very expensive to pay, I think it's all the holidays he takes in Tenerife!!

ciderhunter
03-09-2015, 09:26
If it's only a year old. it's still under guarantee. Take the receipt to the shop and they should send a repair man out.

bennoa1
03-09-2015, 11:59
Is it the boiler or the fittings? We find our fittings don't last as long as they should and replace more often than the boiler. Should be flexible hoses with a steel external. Turn off the water and drain the system - you may need a bucket or bowl to catch the water and be careful of the hot feed. Take it to a Ferreteria and they'll have some - only a couple of euros each. Easy to replace too. Wrap some PTFE tape around the male end and tighten by hand then a tweak with an adjustable spanner and test. May need another small turn to stop any leak. I'm no plumber but it is that easy.

lindacaroline
03-09-2015, 14:02
Thanks everyone for all the help it is in the south of tenerife, (But I am in UK) relying on a manager to try and sort out . Yes I believe it is the flexible hose and joint so hopefully will get sorted quickly.