PDA

View Full Version : Other Funerals

busterbear
06-09-2015, 13:54
Hi I need your help ere please people
my grandmother is dieing in hospital in Tenerife and I need to know which funeral company is basically the cheapest and easiest can someone please help

we want to cremate her and a small service anyone help please?

thanks

LUCKY
06-09-2015, 14:18
my grandmother is dieing in hospital in Tenerife and I need to know which funeral company is basically the cheapest and easiest can someone please help

thanks

Just a little reading whilst someone with more experience
than me can comment.
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?21326-How-much-do-funerals-cost-in-Tenerife

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?12563-What-to-do-after-a-death-in-Tenerife&highlight=funerals

Malteser Monkey
06-09-2015, 19:33

thanks

Oh my goodness tell us more. Are you in the north or south then we can find members who can help you.

contact admin too

I wish you all the best - please stay with us xx

warbey
06-09-2015, 20:02
Would the Hospital be a source of current information for You.?

Someone should be aware of contacts there surely..

Hoping all ends well.!

Megaloo
06-09-2015, 23:23
Hospital will help but when I was involved with a friend who was seriously ill and dying I was told to be prepared with a funeral director as sometimes the hospital recommendations are not always the ones to use but they will push Their favourties?:cry:.

canarybird
07-09-2015, 08:53
Three years ago I used the services of Funeraria Tahoro, in Puerto de la Cruz.

Telephone: 922 370 930/Fax: 922 389 208

Pedro Ramos 647 300 035 or

José Cabrera 639 213 471

24 hour service

I was impressed with their sympathetic and helpful service.

Please PM me for more details if interested.

Sending my condolences.

Sharon.

Megaloo
07-09-2015, 12:04
Three years ago I used the services of Funeraria Tahoro, in Puerto de la Cruz.

Telephone: 922 370 930/Fax: 922 389 208

Pedro Ramos 647 300 035 or

José Cabrera 639 213 471

24 hour service

I was impressed with their sympathetic and helpful service.

Please PM me for more details if interested.

Sending my condolences.

Sharon.

Thanks Sharon that is the one we used but had to insist at the hospital that that was the one we wanted.

timmylish
07-09-2015, 15:44
Not to divert this thread but I must re-iterate the very simple fact that dying here is not like the UK. Well the follow up to death that is. Whereas in the UK you just go along to your desired funeral director and he looks after all thearrangements. Here the hospital tries its best to involve itself (probably get a kick-back etc) and with the urgency of the funeral the people left behind are swept along on a tidal wave and all of the time, language! Argh! Spanish being spoken at a hundred miles an hour and the family finding out that thay don,t really know what,s happening! So to aleviate these issuse at a terrible time we decided to take out policies, which on death, pay for the entire costs of the funeral (at a price previuosly calculated to be covered by the policies of course) but, in my opinion more importantly, the insurance company instructing the funeral directors to make ALL the arrangements takes away a vast amount of uncertainties surrounding this very stressful time.
To the O/p since you are not in the fortunate position as detailed by me then get someone, very fluent in Spanish and having a full understanding of the events surrounding funerals, and pay them to basically take over. Believe me, having been on the periphery of several funerals here, over the years, in some cases the families were more stressed out by the funeral than the actual death.
With respect and best of regards I do wish you very well.

Suzanne
07-09-2015, 22:03
Thank you timmyfish, Can you enlighten on the policies you have taken out. ie, recomendation of company and an idea of cost, is it anualy or monthly payment. many thanks.

timmylish
08-09-2015, 02:25
We pay a certain sum quarterly although other arrangements might be possible. Unfortunately all the info you have asked for is located in a part of our apartment out of access at the moment! Its 02.23. I shall try to get back to you later but I would stress that most insurance company,s offer similar plans at similar prices.

Megaloo
08-09-2015, 11:29
Not to divert this thread but I must re-iterate the very simple fact that dying here is not like the UK. Well the follow up to death that is. Whereas in the UK you just go along to your desired funeral director and he looks after all thearrangements. Here the hospital tries its best to involve itself (probably get a kick-back etc) and with the urgency of the funeral the people left behind are swept along on a tidal wave and all of the time, language! Argh! Spanish being spoken at a hundred miles an hour and the family finding out that thay don,t really know what,s happening! So to aleviate these issuse at a terrible time we decided to take out policies, which on death, pay for the entire costs of the funeral (at a price previuosly calculated to be covered by the policies of course) but, in my opinion more importantly, the insurance company instructing the funeral directors to make ALL the arrangements takes away a vast amount of uncertainties surrounding this very stressful time.
To the O/p since you are not in the fortunate position as detailed by me then get someone, very fluent in Spanish and having a full understanding of the events surrounding funerals, and pay them to basically take over. Believe me, having been on the periphery of several funerals here, over the years, in some cases the families were more stressed out by the funeral than the actual death.
With respect and best of regards I do wish you very well.

Thanks Timmylish this is what I was trying to explain that if you are not careful the hospital will try to push their Funeral Director but you explained it better than myself

imablue
08-09-2015, 18:36
Ring ...Bill and/or Roz Jeffrey both are Pastors I attended a funeral back in April and they will advise you.... 609565528......or 639426835 (Spanish)