PDA

View Full Version : Finance Tax allowance for UK residents

essexeddie
07-09-2015, 20:03
Is everyone aware of this little snippet. UK residents only.

Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,100 of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner.

This can reduce their tax by up to £220 every tax year (6 April to 5 April the next year).

To benefit as a couple, you need to earn less than your partner and have an income of £11,000 or less.

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance

warbey
07-09-2015, 20:09
Is everyone aware of this little snippet. UK residents only.

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance

Thanks Eddie.

I was informed of this last night when on the Phone with My Brother.

Every little helps, so I registered

Cheers.

tub
07-09-2015, 20:16
i have this allowance now had a rebate and now around 4 pounds a week better off its easy and straight forward to do

essexeddie
07-09-2015, 20:42
i have this allowance now had a rebate and now around 4 pounds a week better off its easy and straight forward to do

Didn't think it had started yet, are you sure?

kingbaker
07-09-2015, 21:38
Wonderfull .....but you have to be married to get it. £4 per week!! No bloomin way!!:p

Ecky Thump
07-09-2015, 21:50
Wonderfull .....but you have to be married to get it. £4 per week!! No bloomin way!!:p

I can supply you with a reliable used model at a very competitive price!:lol:

macdonald5
07-09-2015, 22:32
Didn't think it had started yet, are you sure?

Yes it has started Eddie, a couple of my ( non working female) friends have applied ( easily) and their husbands tax reduced

essexeddie
08-09-2015, 17:12

Irish not included I would have thought. But knowing our country you probably are.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes it has started Eddie, a couple of my ( non working female) friends have applied ( easily) and their husbands tax reduced

Must have started this year then. Why didn't you tell us? Anyway its all back dated I'm informed.

macdonald5
08-09-2015, 17:31
www.moneysavingexpert.com › News
20 Feb 2015 - Couples now able to register to shift unused tax allowance between spouses ... income tax personal allowance for 2015/16 will be able to transfer £1,060 of .... This info does not constitute financial advice, always do your own ...

I get emails from above very informative source ! Handy for 'things' that might not be well advertised
We both use our own tax free so doesn't give us the option unfortunately

tub
08-09-2015, 19:06
yes it has started but not to worry its back dated