PDA

View Full Version : Finance UK companies phoning about pensions

Faraway
08-09-2015, 15:29
Does anyone know anything about these English companies who keep on and on phonng and offering to help unlock your UK pensions? Despite telling them politely many times now that I´m not interested they just wont stop calling. I dont even know if they are genuine but suspect not otherwise they would stop. My patience is now wearing bit thin!

timmylish
08-09-2015, 16:06
Well someone has obviously sold your details based on an action by you on line. Find that and resolve. Calls will end, hopefully!

Faraway
08-09-2015, 16:21
I havent done anything on line!

Ecky Thump
08-09-2015, 16:26
I havent done anything on line!

Next time they phone, just whisper quietly....

"I've done as you've asked, but there is a lot of blood on the bed"

then ring off, it seems to work here.:laugh:

essexeddie
08-09-2015, 17:08
Not had any calls as yet. Hope its not another PPI fiasco.

marbro8
08-09-2015, 18:16
i have had about 10-20 calls. but now i have an up to date mobile so i just block the numbers. the only trouble with that is. some of these company's have a lot of telephone lines:angry:. so i have ended up blocking about 20-30 numbers now. i have a rule when i see a telephone number that i don't recognise.if i reject it and they don't leave a message after i have rejected them a couple of times. i block it. because lets face it. if they are trying to either sell you something. or they were trying to get you to claim ppi. or indeed contact you to try and offer services to unlock your pension. then what would you do if you had a message like that:lol:so they don't leave one. in which case either ignore it or block it:wink:

Ecky Thump
08-09-2015, 18:38
L
i have had about 10-20 calls. but now i have an up to date mobile so i just block the numbers. the only trouble with that is. some of these company's have a lot of telephone lines:angry:. so i have ended up blocking about 20-30 numbers now. i have a rule when i see a telephone number that i don't recognise.if i reject it and they don't leave a message after i have rejected them a couple of times. i block it. because lets face it. if they are trying to either sell you something. or they were trying to get you to claim ppi. or indeed contact you to try and offer services to unlock your pension. then what would you do if you had a message like that:lol:so they don't leave one. in which case either ignore it or block it:wink:

My BT home phone has a feature called "Call Guardian", it intercepts all callers who are unknown to me, the caller has to identify themselves, if they don't, my phone doesn't ring....if they do say who is calling, I'm then informed who it is and I can chose either to answer them or ignore them, with a further option of blocking the number.

That's why I never get any begging calls from people like TOTO 99 or marbro8 !!! :laugh:

Muppet
08-09-2015, 18:51
A small snag here is that we are in Tenerife and (in most cases) have the luxury of the TeleKONica phone system

Just thought I'd remind you

xx

marbro8
08-09-2015, 21:06
A small snag here is that we are in Tenerife and (in most cases) have the luxury of the TeleKONica phone system

Just thought I'd remind you

xxi am contacted more in tenerife by uk based claim merchants on my mobile than i am in the uk :lol:

Susief23
09-09-2015, 08:51
L

My BT home phone has a feature called "Call Guardian", it intercepts all callers who are unknown to me, the caller has to identify themselves, if they don't, my phone doesn't ring....if they do say who is calling, I'm then informed who it is and I can chose either to answer them or ignore them, with a further option of blocking the number.

That's why I never get any begging calls from people like TOTO 99 or marbro8 !!! :laugh:

Just bought a twin set. I've been looking at these for a while.
Here's a company that do refurbs
http://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/bt-telephones/bt-8500-telephones.html

Ecky Thump
09-09-2015, 09:14
Just bought a twin set. I've been looking at these for a while.
Here's a company that do refurbs
http://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/bt-telephones/bt-8500-telephones.html

That's the very ones and at a great price!:wow:

Angusjim
09-09-2015, 09:16
We have a cheaper system we just look at the incoming number on the phone and if you don't know it we don't answer, we get very few calls now on the landline from people we know I would say 99% of our incoming calls go unanswered:c2::c2:

Ecky Thump
09-09-2015, 09:20
We have a cheaper system we just look at the incoming number on the phone and if you don't know it we don't answer, we get very few calls now on the landline from people we know I would say 99% of our incoming calls go unanswered:c2::c2:

How sad that no one phones you, I shall look out your home phone number and post it on here so that you will have someone to speak to in the evenings.:D

Angusjim
09-09-2015, 09:23
How sad that no one phones you, I shall look out your home phone number and post it on here so that you will have someone to speak to in the evenings.:D

Plenty phone we just don't answer:lol::lol: Any way this all well off topic :sorry:

TOTO 99
09-09-2015, 12:45
Plenty phone we just don't answer:lol::lol: Any way this all well off topic :sorry:

I don't think it's off topic....You pensioners just ramble on about anything....:old::laugh:

Ecky Thump
09-09-2015, 14:16
I don't think it's off topic....You pensioners just ramble on about anything....:old::laugh:

That's the problem, Angjim has no one who is prepared to talk to him, he only goes into a bar in the hope that the waiter asks him what he would like.:lol: