PDA

View Full Version : Other the worst place in the world to be disabled

marbro8
09-09-2015, 19:40
i can not believe what i have just seen. if anyone has catchup on sky. watch this programme. it has sickened me. the treatment of disabled people in ghana and in fact anyone that is deemed to be anything put perfect, is appalling. it is nothing short of what the nazis did to the jewish population. don't watch it if you haven't got a strong resolve:angry:

LindaD
09-09-2015, 21:27
i can not believe what i have just seen. if anyone has catchup on sky. watch this programme. it has sickened me. the treatment of disabled people in ghana and in fact anyone that is deemed to be anything put perfect, is appalling. it is nothing short of what the nazis did to the jewish population. don't watch it if you haven't got a strong resolve:angry:

Watched most of it Marbro in shocked horror. They didn't even try to hide the fact that they left disabled/disfigured babies to die or left the job to a 'fetish priest' to do the deed. I was so upset I was in tears watching it. What kind of world are we living in, even in this day and age.

marbro8
09-09-2015, 21:57
Watched most of it Marbro in shocked horror. They didn't even try to hide the fact that they left disabled/disfigured babies to die or left the job to a 'fetish priest' to do the deed. I was so upset I was in tears watching it. What kind of world are we living in, even in this day and age.i must admit i was in tears:(, i just can not believe in this day and age this aberration can carry on??? without other countries getting involved?. i thought that ghana was part of the french empire? even though most of the population spoke english?. with a disabled niece that i am close to i just wondered what would have happened to her if she had been borne in ghana. she would surely been killed. BUT here in the uk. she has not only held down a job looking after kids. but has just passed her driving test. and with the help of mobility she has a brand new nissan duke. that has had £35,000 pounds worth of adaptations. to enable her to drive it. how different the western world deals with disability. after watching that programme i think i will evaluate my own life next time i moan about something trivial:(

Medman
09-09-2015, 22:06
i must admit i was in tears:(, i just can not believe in this day and age this aberration can carry on??? without other countries getting involved?. i thought that ghana was part of the french empire? even though most of the population spoke english?. with a disabled niece that i am close to i just wondered what would have happened to her if she had been borne in ghana. she would surely been killed. BUT here in the uk. she has not only held down a job looking after kids. but has just passed her driving test. and with the help of mobility she has a brand new nissan duke. that has had £35,000 pounds worth of adaptations. to enable her to drive it. how different the western world deals with disability. after watching that programme i think i will evaluate my own life next time i moan about something trivial:(

Haven't watched it yet Mark, but I will maybe later on or tomorrow. But let's face, it our Western World is the way it should be, so much so that all the migrants/refugees/terrorists want an unwarranted share. Another problem I know but there are so many countries that are Third World at best and for some inexplicable reason they think they deserve some of our hard FOUGHT freedom and lifestyle.
PS great to hear about your niece's success.

marbro8
09-09-2015, 22:29
Haven't watched it yet Mark, but I will maybe later on or tomorrow. But let's face, it our Western World is the way it should be, so much so that all the migrants/refugees/terrorists want an unwarranted share. Another problem I know but there are so many countries that are Third World at best and for some inexplicable reason they think they deserve some of our hard FOUGHT freedom and lifestyle.
PS great to hear about your niece's success.thanks for that mate;). i think the whole world outside europe, usa and australasia has or will go into meltdown. i can see migrants all over the middle east trying to flee the war torn regions. and trying to look for a better life. i would in their predicament. but the answer is not to just walk to a country that has a stable and peaceful society. because they will destabilize it???. throwing it into the same sort of state they have left???. i am realy peeed off that cameron has been bullied into taking 20.000 migrants from syria by the eu. they threatened to with hold money already paid to us. if we didn't take them. the sooner we get that vote on eu membership the better:angry:

LindaD
09-09-2015, 22:30
i must admit i was in tears:(, i just can not believe in this day and age this aberration can carry on??? without other countries getting involved?. i thought that ghana was part of the french empire? even though most of the population spoke english?. with a disabled niece that i am close to i just wondered what would have happened to her if she had been borne in ghana. she would surely been killed. BUT here in the uk. she has not only held down a job looking after kids. but has just passed her driving test. and with the help of mobility she has a brand new nissan duke. that has had £35,000 pounds worth of adaptations. to enable her to drive it. how different the western world deals with disability. after watching that programme i think i will evaluate my own life next time i moan about something trivial:(

It was just the total acceptability from everyone there that made it so upsetting, like the babies were totally worthless because one "had a twisted mouth" am sure one guy said, so it had to go!!! As you say Marbro, it puts things into perspective with our own lives. Very well done that your niece has done so well, you're right to be proud of her!

marbro8
09-09-2015, 22:37
It was just the total acceptability from everyone there that made it so upsetting, like the babies were totally worthless because one "had a twisted mouth" am sure one guy said, so it had to go!!! As you say Marbro, it puts things into perspective with our own lives. Very well done that your niece has done so well, you're right to be proud of her!yes you are right. you just can not comprehend it??? and thank you;) my niece could actually claim more disability allowance than she gets paid, because she is on a zero hour contract. but she chooses to work. unlike some idle scum bags in our society

Krisstina
27-09-2015, 09:35
I watched that programme and cried all the way through it. We are so lucky in this country.

delderek
27-09-2015, 18:19
I am not disagreeing with anything other posters have said, but it has obviously been going on for many many years, without us knowing, now, with instant worldwide news, we know!. But we cannot and are not able to impose our standards on the rest of the world. FGM is another widely practised abhorrence, if living in this country we can have control, in other places where it has been going on for thousands of years, we are powerless, and should just accept that fact.