PDA

View Full Version : Education Where to live for family of 10 year old going to Wingate

nicky3006
10-09-2015, 12:46
Hi
We are relocating from the UK to the south at the beginning of next year. Our 10 year old daughter is on the waiting list for Wingate.
My question is - where is the best place for our family to live that will have plenty of other families living and where my daughter can do plenty of activities to immerse her in the Spanish way of life.? We have been looking at Adeje but have also seen some lovely houses in the golf del sur area but not sure if this is too far out or whether it is a place where many families live. Any comments greatly appreciated.

TOTO 99
10-09-2015, 20:17
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question but hopefully someone will be along to help you out shortly....:tiphat:

Megaloo
10-09-2015, 22:24
Welcome to the Forum but cannot help you with ~South as I live in the North

YOUNG GOLFER
10-09-2015, 22:32
Your choice of schools is a good one, my daughter the eldest has been at Luther King for a year and she loves it there.
We live in El Galeon just below the old town of Adeje and she catches the school bus think it's around 295 euros a month including transport, food and school fees.
Adeje is a great place to live and your daughter will find lots of things to do plenty of activities.

Do you plan to rent or buy a property?

The reason I ask is I am a estate agent lol just kidding well I'm really but a little humour is allowed on the forum from time to time.

If you are renting you can try out a few areas and see if you get a good feel about it...and if you are thinking of buying don't rush in please take your time rent first and feel free to contact me I have two little girls one 7 and one 12.

cressrt
10-09-2015, 22:37
Golf del Sur is really a holiday area, no way could be described as a "Spanish Way of Life", for this you really need to be out of the tourist areas, to the mountain side of the TF1, even where Wingate is itself would be OK but I suspect not many of the children going there would live near the school. If she is going to Wingate her peers will be mainly English speaking, maybe you should look at a different school where there would be a better mix of nationalities.

nicky3006
14-09-2015, 09:53
Thank you for the reply.
We have chosen Wingate as I would like her to initially follow the British curriculum (just in case!) at then I would like to put her into the Spanish system.
We plan to initially rent a house (we have a dog and need a garden) and then buy a property outright as an investment, to rent out. Although from research I've done so far, this would appear to be a minefield!!
Can I ask how old your children were when you moved out there and did they settle easily?

YOUNG GOLFER
14-09-2015, 22:32
Thank you for the reply.
We have chosen Wingate as I would like her to initially follow the British curriculum (just in case!) at then I would like to put her into the Spanish system.
We plan to initially rent a house (we have a dog and need a garden) and then buy a property outright as an investment, to rent out. Although from research I've done so far, this would appear to be a minefield!!
Can I ask how old your children were when you moved out there and did they settle easily?

Both my little girls were born in Tenerife and both attended a Spanish state school. I myself have lived here for many years.

nicky3006
15-02-2016, 15:36
Just an update - we ended up renting near Los Abrigos. Lovely little fishing village. Very happy here so far.

galracer
09-04-2016, 15:49
Hi Nicky3006,

I have just read your post and i know that you may be all settled but just to let you know that my daughter will be attending Wingate from September and it turns out that it doesn't matter where you stay as long as you live near a student pick/drop off point.

All the best. :-).

Jodietoad
30-05-2016, 19:06
Your choice of schools is a good one, my daughter the eldest has been at Luther King for a year and she loves it there.
We live in El Galeon just below the old town of Adeje and she catches the school bus think it's around 295 euros a month including transport, food and school fees.
Adeje is a great place to live and your daughter will find lots of things to do plenty of activities.

Do you plan to rent or buy a property?

The reason I ask is I am a estate agent lol just kidding well I'm really but a little humour is allowed on the forum from time to time.

If you are renting you can try out a few areas and see if you get a good feel about it...and if you are thinking of buying don't rush in please take your time rent first and feel free to contact me I have two little girls one 7 and one 12.
Hi, I'm looking to relocate to the south within the year but I really don't know where to start lol. My son will be 13 and my daughter 10 o think she will be dine in a Spanish school but my son on the other hand I don't know. Obviously I'd like them in the same school but with feesit might not be possible!! So schools close enough will have to do lol. Any advice u can give will be great!! I want yo rent for the first 12 months at least so that im sure its right for us .

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Donna marie
29-09-2016, 10:10
Hi. Would you recommend Luther King for an 8 year old British child? We are moving over next year and thinking this would be the best choice for our son. Any opinion welcome.
Thanks