PDA

View Full Version : Other forum problems

marbro8
15-09-2015, 20:33
has anyone had problems logging on earlier? i couldn't log in between about 6.00 pm and 7.30??? and i couldn't find our sub forum either. for those that don't know. the forum went off air a few times over the last few years and we had what was called a sub forum. it was somewhere we could go to log on in the event of this forum going off line. if someone could post a link that we could save on our computers. that would be great;)

warbey
15-09-2015, 21:09
I had an Evening Meeting and was on around those times up till ten to seven.

no troubles here Mate

Interesting.?

melm
15-09-2015, 21:13
has anyone had problems logging on earlier? i couldn't log in between about 6.00 pm and 7.30??? and i couldn't find our sub forum either. for those that don't know. the forum went off air a few times over the last few years and we had what was called a sub forum. it was somewhere we could go to log on in the event of this forum going off line. if someone could post a link that we could save on our computers. that would be great;)

I had the same problem@marbro8

marbro8
15-09-2015, 21:33
I had an Evening Meeting and was on around those times up till ten to seven.

no troubles here Mate

Interesting.?can't understand that then mate? you must have a super computer:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I had the same problem@marbro8maybe a mod will let us know what the problem was:dontknow:

kingbaker
15-09-2015, 22:02
I had the same problem@marbro8

Me tooooo but on Tapatalk. Same yesterday. Had to uninstall and then re install. ;);)

marbro8
15-09-2015, 22:34
Me tooooo but on Tapatalk. Same yesterday. Had to uninstall and then re install. ;);)i hate that tapatalk. it's on my ipad and so difficult:(

kingbaker
15-09-2015, 23:58
can't understand that then mate? you must have a super computer:D

maybe a mod will let us know what the problem was:dontknow:

...or maybe not. Like the answer Lucky got about the missing CW posts. We were no wiser after the answer came, than we were before.:confused:

Moderator_
16-09-2015, 06:15
I had the same problem, couldn't access the forum around 7pm.

Probably just a glitch or a quick maintenance patch up. Mods are not involved in any of the technical side so I'm as in the dark as you are.

Looks like we're all back to normal now. Thank you.

Angusjim
16-09-2015, 06:31

Probably just a glitch or a quick maintenance patch up. Mods are not involved in any of the technical side so I'm as in the dark as you are.

Probably says it all when owners / admin don't even bother keeping mods in the loop, if they are not interested why don't they just move it on it to people who are interested in the Forum

kingbaker
16-09-2015, 07:22

WottdidItellya....no wiser after, than we were before.

TOTO 99
16-09-2015, 07:27
WottdidItellya....no wiser after, than we were before.

What exactly do you want KB?

In fainess, since the latest round of mods arrived there's been little or no trouble on here. It's been explained that mods don't have any technical access and in the old days we wouldn't have even got that explanation.

It's not the end of the world.....:respect:

LUCKY
16-09-2015, 10:07
What exactly do you want KB?

In fainess, since the latest round of mods arrived there's been little or no trouble on here. It's been explained that mods don't have any technical access and in the old days we wouldn't have even got that explanation.

It's not the end of the world.....:respect:

It could be i did warn you ALL !!!! :flatcap:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?38116-What-happens-after-October-7th-2015

TOTO 99
16-09-2015, 10:14
It could be i did warn you ALL !!!! :flatcap:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?38116-What-happens-after-October-7th-2015

No wonder flights are dear at the moment....:lol:

Angusjim
16-09-2015, 11:20
It is my understanding but I may be wrong that one of the current mods is closely related to the owner / admin :whistle: so I am not sure how there can be an issue getting info to the great unwashed

TOTO 99
16-09-2015, 12:52
It is my understanding but I may be wrong that one of the current mods is closely related to the owner / admin :whistle: so I am not sure how there can be an issue getting info to the great unwashed

I'm closely related to my missus but she doesn't tell me anything......:lol:

Angusjim
16-09-2015, 13:35
I'm closely related to my missus but she doesn't tell me anything......:lol:

That's mainly cause you are either working, sleeping or on the drink:lol:

TOTO 99
16-09-2015, 13:38
That's mainly cause you are either working, sleeping or on the drink:lol:

Harsh but fair....Not sure you got them in the right order though..:lol:

warbey
16-09-2015, 19:59
I have just spent 20 minutes typing a reply to this thread.

When I pressed to send, I found I had dropped out of the connection.

I think if You leave too long a period it cuts off and exits You from the Forum..

Would it be possible to give more time before this happens please.?

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2015, 11:39

I think if You leave too long a period it cuts off and exits You from the Forum..

Do you tick that little box by where you sign in - I find if that's not ticked it logs me out but not if it is ticked

TOTO 99
17-09-2015, 12:40

20 mins...lol

Warbey mate, you might wanna consider making a start on your Christas greetings on here real soon....:lol:....:respect:

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2015, 13:03
20 mins...lol

Warbey mate, you might wanna consider making a start on your Christas greetings on here real soon....:lol:....:respect:

He's not normally around that long or is it a male 20 mins where it's actually 5:lol:

warbey
17-09-2015, 20:34
Asked for that, Didn't I ?

I was trying to post My feelings about the interaction between Us, Mods and Admin (I think)

I was being careful to give a balanced Fair resume so Yes, I was hesitant to say the Least

Thanks to Double M (again) for Her suggestion. That's a box I haven't ticked Hun.!

Now, back to the Man-stuff.........lol

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2015, 09:50
anyone else finding it slow today and also creating double posts when replying ?
admin

anyone else finding it slow today and also creating double posts when replying ?

admin

lynno52
05-10-2015, 09:59
admin

admin

Yes -me too. Thought it may be my laptop but other sites are ok.

Medman
05-10-2015, 10:10
3 hours to get on !! ........... need a Euro for the meter ?

Yes -me too. Thought it may be my laptop but other sites are ok.

3 hours to get on!! ...... need a Euro for the meter ?

LUCKY
05-10-2015, 11:47
I cannot get on ...................... Have we been Vacked....

I cannot get on ...................... Have we been Vacked.... admin

Maybe s
ummat to do with this copied from our forum

13 members and 3148 guests
Most users ever online was 3437, Today at 02:22.

Maybe s

Maybe s

Maybe s

Maybe s

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2015, 13:26
you're right lucky - well done you !!

TOTO 99
05-10-2015, 14:15
I had a struggle getting on at 05:30 this morning. Extremely slow. I gave up in the end cos I ran out of time....:fryingpan:..It's not on. People need to hear what I have to say....:laugh:

Those numbers that Lucky has posted look like the answer anyway...well done Lucky...

All seems back to normal now by the look of it....:thanx:..well done whoever fixed it..

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2015, 14:28
I had a struggle getting on at 05:30 this morning. Extremely slow. I gave up in the end cos I ran out of time....:fryingpan:..It's not on. People need to hear what I have to say....:laugh:

Not at that time they don't - you're on your own matey:sleeping:

TOTO 99
05-10-2015, 14:34
Not at that time they don't - you're on your own matey:sleeping:

I appreciate that.......But the Peepil expect to wake up to my wisdom........And today they were deprived....:)

Angusjim
05-10-2015, 14:35
I appreciate that.......But the Peepil expect to wake up to my wisdom........And today they were deprived....:)

Not Everyone:whistle::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2015, 14:36

I never wake up deprived:cheeky:

Angusjim
05-10-2015, 14:49

Do you have a rabbit:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2015, 14:58
Do you have a rabbit:whistle:

Nope no pets in mi casa:cheeky:

Angusjim
05-10-2015, 15:05
Nope no pets in mi casa:cheeky:

Not even a python:laugh::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2015, 15:08
Not even a python:laugh::laugh:

Stop egging me on - you trying to get me banned :redcard::cheeky:

kingbaker
05-10-2015, 19:45
you're right lucky - well done you !!

Our LUCKYs not just a pretty face!!:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::crylaughing :

No you're just DEPRAVED.:crylaughing::crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
06-10-2015, 09:08
Our LUCKYs not just a pretty face!!:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::crylaughing :

No you're just DEPRAVED.:crylaughing::crylaughing:

I suppose so !:lol:

marbro8
06-10-2015, 10:11
Do you have a rabbit:whistle:There was a time that you got rabbits from a pet shop. Now it's Ann summers:lol:

kingbaker
06-10-2015, 10:19
There was a time that you got rabbits from a pet shop. Now it's Ann summers:lol:

Ah so monkey showed you also??:p

Malteser Monkey
06-10-2015, 10:19
There was a time that you got rabbits from a pet shop. Now it's Ann summers:lol:

Lol is that Ann summers:lol:

I_N_Cognito
06-10-2015, 12:20
i hate that tapatalk. it's on my ipad and so difficult:(

To log on to the forum I type "Tenerife Forum" in the Google search box, then click on the Tenerife Forum option when it cones up, this normally brought straight on to the forum, but for the past month or so it brings up an option to download a "tapatalk" app link to the forum,,, I don't want the tapatalk link so click on the "X" to delete the add, but does it go,, No, just sits there, so after klicking frantically all around the page it usually decides to disappear, sometimes it don't and I just have to give up my attempt to view the forum...
So, one day I give in, I'll just download the bloody app and be done with it, so click the download button I do, and what do I get,,, a notice telling me "App cannot be downloaded to Safari"...
So anyone got a way round this one...

Should add, I don't want the app, just a way of getting on to the forum without the faff of getting rid of the advert...

TOTO 99
06-10-2015, 12:29
To log on to the forum I type "Tenerife Forum" in the Google search box, then click on the Tenerife Forum option when it cones up, this normally brought straight on to the forum, but for the past month or so it brings up an option to download a "tapatalk" app link to the forum,,, I don't want the tapatalk link so click on the "X" to delete the add, but does it go,, No, just sits there, so after klicking frantically all around the page it usually decides to disappear, sometimes it don't and I just have to give up my attempt to view the forum...
So, one day I give in, I'll just download the bloody app and be done with it, so click the download button I do, and what do I get,,, a notice telling me "App cannot be downloaded to Safari"...

Sorry I'm not familiar with Safari but can I ask, is there a reason you go in via Google? By that I mean can you not just save the forum in your favourites? I don't know if that would rid you of the app problem but it might be worth a try....:tiphat:

I_N_Cognito
06-10-2015, 12:35
How do I do that, have never set up favourites on iPad...

Malteser Monkey
06-10-2015, 12:38

Should add, I don't want the app, just a way of getting on to the forum without the faff of getting rid of the advert...

That's strange I don't get that it takes me straight into TF with no probs at work and at home

TOTO 99
06-10-2015, 13:02
How do I do that, have never set up favourites on iPad...

I've never used an Ipad so I don't know but from what I can see on this link, they call them "bookmarks" but it looks the same to me...

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-bookmarks-on-the-ipad.html

Tshirt
06-10-2015, 13:06
I never log off, I've got the forum in my favourites and clicking on that takes me straight to todays posts. I use Tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad, find it great, easier to post photos etc via tapatalk than on the pc. It's what you get used to, the more you persevere with tapatalk the easier it gets. Just my opinion for what it's worth.:)

TOTO 99
06-10-2015, 13:26
I never log off, I've got the forum in my favourites and clicking on that takes me straight to todays posts. I use Tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad, find it great, easier to post photos etc via tapatalk than on the pc. It's what you get used to, the more you persevere with tapatalk the easier it gets. Just my opinion for what it's worth.:)

Yes I've noticed that your photos are always better than mine. The forum only allows a certain size file and it's really restricting but I think when you do it your way it somehow scales it automatically.

Tshirt
06-10-2015, 13:30
Tapatalk gives you the choice of 2 sizes when posting a photo, I always pick the "best", it's as easy as posting a photo on Facebook

Malteser Monkey
06-10-2015, 14:36
Tapatalk gives you the choice of 2 sizes when posting a photo, I always pick the "best", it's as easy as posting a photo on Facebook

You're logged off now - your circle isn't green !!:D

Tshirt
06-10-2015, 14:41
You're logged off now - your circle isn't green !!:D

That's because the pc as gone into sleep mode, not because I've logged out of the forum. I'm typing this on my iPad using tapatalk.[emoji4]

Malteser Monkey
06-10-2015, 14:44
That's because the pc as gone into sleep mode, not because I've logged out of the forum. I'm typing this on my iPad using tapatalk.[emoji4]

Ahhh right

I_N_Cognito
07-10-2015, 13:25
I've never used an Ipad so I don't know but from what I can see on this link, they call them "bookmarks" but it looks the same to me...

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-bookmarks-on-the-ipad.html

Set up one of them "Bookmarks", yip took me straight to Forum,,, out of curiosity I've tried a couple of times going back on to the forum via Google as I did previously, also straight on to Forum, no tapatalk advert blocking me as I've had happening for weeks now,,, so whys the advert suddenly dissapesred...

Not that I'm moaning, bloody thing was doing my head in...

TOTO 99
07-10-2015, 13:28
Set up one of them "Bookmarks", yip took me straight to Forum,,, out of curiosity I've tried a couple of times going back on to the forum via Google as I did previously, also straight on to Forum, no tapatalk advert blocking me as I've had happening for weeks now,,, so whys the advert suddenly dissapesred...

Not that I'm moaning, bloody thing was doing my head in...

Nice one. And sorry about linking you to the "For Dummies" site....It's nothing personal...:lol:

Tshirt
07-10-2015, 13:35
Nice one. And sorry about linking you to the "For Dummies" site....It's nothing personal...:lol:

:liar:......

I_N_Cognito
07-10-2015, 13:41

Doh, never noticed that...

Malteser Monkey
07-10-2015, 17:43
Doh, never noticed that...

Well now you're here - better behave yourself :lol:

I_N_Cognito
08-10-2015, 15:19
Well now you're here - better behave yourself :lol:

mmmm, come to think of it I aint had a post removed or been barred for a bit now...

:devil2:

Malteser Monkey
08-10-2015, 15:23
mmmm, come to think of it I ant had a post removed so been barred for a bit now...

:devil2:

It can be arranged !!:wink:

Moderator___
08-10-2015, 22:02
Cross my virtual palm with silver and I shall arrange it. :nono:

Malteser Monkey
09-10-2015, 09:07
Cross my virtual palm with silver and I shall arrange it. :nono:

My barnet's silver:D

You sound like you been reading Shakespeare :lol:

TOTO 99
09-10-2015, 09:09
Is anyone else getting a problem when you click on a topic's last post from the front page?

Mine takes me to the post but then suddenly jumps down to the bottom of the page...It started yesterday and it's still doing it.....:wall:

Malteser Monkey
09-10-2015, 09:18
Is anyone else getting a problem when you click on a topic's last post from the front page?

Mine takes me to the post but then suddenly jumps down to the bottom of the page...It started yesterday and it's still doing it.....:wall:

Just tried it and no, brought me straight here no probs !

TOTO 99
09-10-2015, 09:22
Just tried it and no, brought me straight here no probs !

Must just be me then......It's just done it again now as I clicked here from my notifications....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Malteser Monkey
09-10-2015, 09:32
Must just be me then......It's just done it again now as I clicked here from my notifications....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Log out and in again and give it a whack !

Sound Technical advice :lol:

lynno52
09-10-2015, 09:38

Mine's doing the same. :spin:

Malteser Monkey
09-10-2015, 09:59
Mine's doing the same. :spin:

Ohhh well it's your area then - wait n see what Tedito has to say Tshirt

TOTO 99
09-10-2015, 10:05
Having now Googled the problem it would appear to affect only those of a higher intelligence..........

lynno52
09-10-2015, 10:07
Having now Googled the problem it would appear to affect only those of a higher intelligence..........

I concur..............:bowdown:

Tshirt
09-10-2015, 10:13
Isn't that what it's supposed to do, take you to the last post, mines always done that, I think.

Malteser Monkey
09-10-2015, 10:13
I concur..............:bowdown:

Pfffft...............x

TOTO 99
09-10-2015, 10:15
Isn't that what it's supposed to do, take you to the last post, mines always done that, I think.

It is, but it goes to the last post and then suddenly jumps to the very bottom of the page rather than staying on the post.

Tshirt
09-10-2015, 10:21
It is, but it goes to the last post and then suddenly jumps to the very bottom of the page rather than staying on the post.

Ah right, no mine doesn't do that, but then I'm on a Mac using Safari which is far superior to your windows crap :laugh::whistle:

Malteser Monkey
09-10-2015, 10:24
Ah right, no mine doesn't do that, but then I'm on a Mac using Safari which is far superior to your windows crap :laugh::whistle:

Ahh no my work computer not windows yet as it doesn't run with a program I have to use.

So it's piggin' windows again:D

TOTO 99
09-10-2015, 10:24

Please see post #68......:lol:

Tshirt
09-10-2015, 10:34
Please see post #68......:lol:

I did, but chose not to bite :laugh:

kingbaker
09-10-2015, 10:34

In your dreams buster!!:p:p:p

TOTO 99
09-10-2015, 10:58
In your dreams buster!!:p:p:p

As Google has said....There's nothing for you on this thread...:lol: