PDA

View Full Version : Taxis

Glenn111
16-09-2015, 11:24
Hi every one . Just returned from tenerife , I noticed some taxi drivers on retching your destination. Cost let's say 3.00 euros don't say any thing but press a button on the meter that then says 4.50 and then let go and returns to 3.00 euros again confusing the traveler? Just a little scam me thinks ?????

candy2411
16-09-2015, 13:19
Mostly I find taxi drivers in Tenerife perfectly fair but had a bad situation just recently. I was staying at a hotel with two lady friends and after a couple of days we were switching hotels.We were outside of Noelia with suitcases, bags etc deciding whether to walk to next hotel ( Cleopatra Palace) as nearby when a taxi pulled up without speaking the driver leapt out and started putting our cases in the back of estate car! I said to him we were only going to Cleopatra and not the airport, and at first he didn't reply but carried on picking up our bags. I repeated myself and he suddenly said ' Not airport' !!! I said 'no hotel Cleopatra' to which he huffed and puffed and literally threw our cases on the floor before jumping back into taxi and speeding off !

We were all so literally flabbergasted by such bad behaviour we were speechless ! It all happened so fast I didn't have time to get his number or would have had no hesitation in reporting him. I'm only sorry I didn't because although it would probably not have amounted to anything, it may just have made him think twice about such appalling behaviour in future.