PDA

View Full Version : Employment Are there any night porter jobs in Tenerife?

David Billows
21-09-2015, 04:00
Hello.

I'm currently working as a Night Porter in two hotels in England and though my situation is personal (Unless you REALLY want to know), I want to leave England and pass on my kindness and hard work dedication to another country/overseas. The reason I asked for jobs in Tenerife is because me and my wife have been there twice, including our honeymoon and was amazed how beautiful and welcoming the place is. I understand I may need accommodation for me and my wife but I'm just researching at the moment. I'm hoping someone would give me some information or tips. Thank you. :)

Megaloo
21-09-2015, 10:51
I think the first thing needed is to learn the language to be honest . Although there are many locals with no jobs the situation here is not good

canarybird
21-09-2015, 11:04
I agree with Megaloo....for a hotel reception or porter job you would need Spanish, English and preferably knowledge one other language such as German or Russian.

Also you should look up the unemployment statistics for Spain and Canary Islands to familiarize yourself with the current situation.

Many of the local people have been without work for a long time....some even for years.

Finding a good job is very difficult here, even for people with a qualified profession or trade.

David Billows
21-09-2015, 23:05
Hmm, I figured that might be the case. Learning the language(s) won't be a problem but if the locals are finding it difficult then I guess it'll be even worse for me. Thanks for the reply though. I am just researching this at the moment.