PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Looking to relocate to Tenerife. Help needed

liv_in_Tenerife
25-09-2015, 00:30
Hi all,

I am new here and I am coming to Tenerife in February, I hold a UK Passport and I am looking to work there. I have booked a Hotel for one month in Puerto De La Cruz and I am hoping the process is more simple than appears here.

Does anybody know if there is a way of applying for NIE prior to getting into Tenerife? Also I am willing to do any LEGAL work to start and work my way up. If anybody knows of good places to start looking I would appreciate the assistance, I can clean, work the bar, love working with the public, sales experience and just want something different from UK. I visited Estartit when I was a child and LOVED spain, I chose Tenerife because I am under the assumption it is an all year round destination, with better prospects of long term work, rather than seasonal.

Is it permitted to apply for NIE from a hotel? Is it necessary to apply before looking for and/or starting work? Or is there a small time you can legally work, prior to applying giving you time to settle? Perhaps one month or so? As by this time I would have needed to find permanent accommodation.

Maybe these have been answered elsewhere, but I am on my first hour and cannot find anything recent. I only speak basic Spanish, but I am brushing up on this over the next few months.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Mia
25-09-2015, 14:56
Hi,

I have just answered your questions on the other post you made on the thread "I'm having a big problem getting my NIE number"

Hope I have been of some help.

liv_in_Tenerife
25-09-2015, 15:13
Hi Mia,

Thanks for reply and advice, I have also replied to your message on other thread.

To be totally honest, I selected Puerto as I liked the look of the town and found a reasonable deal for a half board hotel for one month, I guess this was long enough to get the feel of the place and find work/permanent residence NIE etc.

I am open to any suggestions re location outside of Puerto as this was just a base - so to speak. I am happy to live and work anywhere and in any legal job. Therefore I hope my flexibility will help me find something soon.

Thanks again to all who replied.