PDA

View Full Version : Property Extensions to existing property

r.bartlett
28-09-2015, 20:26
Hi

We have seen a potential house with land but it's a tad small so for us it would need either a 50% footprint extension to the side (no neighbours in view) or converting from a bungalow to a 2 storey building (no rear neighbours view would be affected)

Even so, I was told that any permission can be very difficult to get. That I should consider it unlikely and not to buy any property assuming it would be approved etc

Can anyone shed any light/experience on this either way?

TIA

Richard

Goldenmaniac
29-09-2015, 10:17
Talk to the town hall concerned about how favourably they would look on the project, or if you aren't fluent enough for that pay for an archictect's opinion, architects plans woulld be need ed for the application in any case.

ribuck
29-09-2015, 12:03
If there's a realistic chance of getting permission, the vendor should be happy to agree to a contract of sale subject to permission being granted.

Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

bulldog
29-09-2015, 13:16
buy a house that will suit your needs !! it will be impossible to extend,legally if its rustica thats a whole other can of worms legally you need a licence to repaint
your house and strapped for cash councils are now looking to enforce as said above speak with the town hall not the agent

r.bartlett
29-09-2015, 18:49
To be fair to the agent he did suck his teeth when I asked so he was basically telling me not to bank on it.

We have rethought the layout and with knocking around the internals and moving a couple of walls etc now we think we can get away with a double garage size store (brick or wood) in the grounds.