PDA

View Full Version : Other No ink in printer.

Myra
30-09-2015, 13:50
I have been away for ten weeks, I had new ink in my printer, it has been used once, and now it has dried up, any suggestions? would I be better buying a Laser Printer? I am sick of buying ink.

kingbaker
30-09-2015, 16:24
Maybe don't go away for ten weeks. :D

kingbaker
30-09-2015, 16:26
You could move to a colder country. I could swap with you if you like.

None of my equipment dries up!!

:):)

TOTO 99
30-09-2015, 16:54
Having now Googled it because I didn't know, it would appear there are pros and cons with both..:tiphat:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_4761238_advantages-disadvantage-laser-printers.html

marbro8
30-09-2015, 17:12
I have been away for ten weeks, I had new ink in my printer, it has been used once, and now it has dried up, any suggestions? would I be better buying a Laser Printer? I am sick of buying ink.hi myra. why not buy the copy cartridges? they are a fraction of the price of original ones. and work just the same. i have an epson xp-p12. and should cost £30 for the multipack and £11 for a single black from epson. but i go to my local computer shop and get them for £5 and £3. that way if you do end up having the ink dry up on you. it doesn't cost the earth:)

Addick
30-09-2015, 17:18
My next printer will be a laser one for the same reason.

By the time I've bought the ink, used it once, done the 'nozzle clean and test' a billion times and used up half a ream of paper in the process it'll be cheaper in the long run, even going for a colour all-in-one laser printer.

Tshirt
30-09-2015, 17:29
It depends on how much printing you do, is it enough to warrant the extra cost of a laser printer? I assume you would want a colour model, and would you also want copier and scanner functions? Laser printer cartridges aren't cheap and although inkjet cartridges aren't either inkjet printers are such that you can almost buy a new printer for the cost of 2 replacement ink cartridges. Do you buy genuine replacement cartridges or cheap refills? Perhaps that's why yours have dried up [emoji4]

macdonald5
30-09-2015, 17:50
hi myra. why not buy the copy cartridges? they are a fraction of the price of original ones. and work just the same. i have an epson xp-p12. and should cost £30 for the multipack and £11 for a single black from epson. but i go to my local computer shop and get them for £5 and £3. that way if you do end up having the ink dry up on you. it doesn't cost the earth:)

Depends how sensitive your printer is ,I had an Epson at one time and it would NOT accept the 'copy' cartridges
Tried refills at local computer shop and even refills wouldn't work
Spoke to the shop owner and she said some printers 'demanded' the 'real ' cartridges ( and much more expensive)
Sometimes if you don't need a high quality printer it's cheaper and less annoying to buy the cheapest printer and just chuck it when ink dries up

delderek
30-09-2015, 20:17
If you can be bothered, take out the cartridges, wrap them individually in clingfilm before you leave. When you refit, wipe the outlet with a damp tissue.

Angusjim
30-09-2015, 20:26
hi myra. why not buy the copy cartridges? they are a fraction of the price of original ones. and work just the same. i have an epson xp-p12. and should cost £30 for the multipack and £11 for a single black from epson. but i go to my local computer shop and get them for £5 and £3. that way if you do end up having the ink dry up on you. it doesn't cost the earth:)

Is that shop actually your local in Walsall with the guy at the end of the bar who can get you anything no questions asked:laugh:

marbro8
30-09-2015, 20:52
Is that shop actually your local in Walsall with the guy at the end of the bar who can get you anything no questions asked:laugh:i can't believe you know me as well as you do without actually meeting me:laugh:

warbey
30-09-2015, 20:56
i used to work in a chain of Shops. Each had an Epson Printer working on copy refills.

I am on my third Epson and once, recently, didn't print for nearly two Years. 4 or 5 goes on two sheets were enough to get it going properly.

Unless doing a lot of Printing, the Machine doesn't even need to be in the same Room until You need it.

Try a cool Place........simples.............................. .................

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i can't believe you know me as well as you do without actually meeting me:laugh:

Yes Marbs, but He missed out the smaller Fellow who often stands by Him, not too far from the Workshop Door......

tub
30-09-2015, 21:16
i find the cheap ones block more than the genuine ones some times i do not print for a month or more and the genuine ones still work if you shop around you can get them for not a lot more than the cheap ones