PDA

View Full Version : Employment Looking for a job in Tenerife experienced bar manager

Craig Shinners
02-10-2015, 13:04
Hi I'm looking for a job in Tenerife I am currently a bar manager for Samuel smiths brewery which have been for a couple of years looking for bar work or anything really

ArtyWendy
02-10-2015, 13:49
You, along with many other fluent Spanish speakers. Can you compete with them? If not, get learning now is the best advice most folk will give you.

junglejim
02-10-2015, 14:54
Irish Fiddler /Temple Bar in San Eugenio are advertising for Bar Staff and Cook -apply to them directly ,nothing to do with me .

r.bartlett
02-10-2015, 17:12
PDLA and LC has loads and loads of English speaking bars. I would get there and walk the various strips asking.

r.bartlett
03-10-2015, 09:05
And doing that might get you a job paying cash in hand with no benefits and barely enough pay to pay your rent, never mind other expenses.

So going out actively looking for work is a bad thing in your eyes?rolleyes2:

Craig Shinners
04-10-2015, 01:31
Any numbers

Greg
04-10-2015, 05:23
The chances of getting a bar job off the internet are zero. Sorry to be so negative but it's best for you to know the truth. Most bar staff either started off as Pr's or are related to the owners or management. Would you trust your takings to someone off the internet? Learn Spanish (A legal requirement for bar staff now) and make friends, you may get a job but it isn't going to happen on the 'net. I hope it works out for you.

Angusjim
04-10-2015, 09:46
The chances of getting a bar job off the internet are zero. Sorry to be so negative but it's best for you to know the truth. Most bar staff either started off as Pr's or are related to the owners or management. Would you trust your takings to someone off the internet? Learn Spanish (A legal requirement for bar staff now) and make friends, you may get a job but it isn't going to happen on the 'net. I hope it works out for you.

Did not know about this legal requirement for bar staff to speak Spanish when did that start ? I would think that 99% of the bars that I go into on hollday must be breaking the law:dontknow:

Angusjim
04-10-2015, 12:42
I think you will find the law says that at least ONE member of staff on duty at all times should be able to speak Spanish

OK take that count down to 98%:lol::lol:
As a matter of interest how do they decide what level of spoken Spanish is acceptable do they have sit a test or something:dontknow:

TOTO 99
04-10-2015, 14:11
OK take that count down to 98%:lol::lol:
As a matter of interest how do they decide what level of spoken Spanish is acceptable do they have sit a test or something:dontknow:

It works in a similar fashion to all the other rules AJ....:whistle:

Greg
04-10-2015, 14:38
One member of staff per shift so there is always a Spanish speaker available. And the the test is "Hola, habla Espaņol?" If the bar person looks vacant and scratches their head then it's a fail:laugh:

Angusjim
04-10-2015, 19:38
I think you will find the law says that at least ONE member of staff on duty at all times should be able to speak Spanish

marbro8 I wonder if you could carryout some research for the forum and see how many bars in Los Cristianos comply with this law. Now I relize this is huge ask can help out:c2::doh: