PDA

View Full Version : Property Builder required in Icod de los vinos

Rips2
03-10-2015, 20:37
Hi, has anyone used a builder in the Icod area that they could recommend please? I need a roof replacing and various other works but must be English speaking as my Spanish is very much a work in progress!

Angusjim
04-10-2015, 07:39
Come on people I am sure someone can help with this :)

Faraway
04-10-2015, 14:37
Hiya, we use a very very good honest builder, he doesnt speak English but neither do we speak spanish but we seem to get on ok. He has done a lot for us in Icod. His name is Ricardo and tel is 650359568. Honestly, its worth the struggle with the language as he always goes the extra mile ...... his plastering is superb!

Greg
04-10-2015, 14:42
Hi Rips2, I'm an electrician and I work with many reputable builders. Call me with your needs and I will point you in the right direction. 609069036 (It's a work number mods!)

Rips2
05-10-2015, 18:30
Hiya, we use a very very good honest builder, he doesnt speak English but neither do we speak spanish but we seem to get on ok. He has done a lot for us in Icod. His name is Ricardo and tel is 650359568. Honestly, its worth the struggle with the language as he always goes the extra mile ...... his plastering is superb!

Thanks so much Faraway, that's great to know - maybe I can get by with pictures and sign language although what happens when he answers the phone - hmm, have to think that one through!

Faraway
05-10-2015, 19:20
Since we are both in Icod, just give me a shout and I will speak with him for you if you want?

Rips2
07-10-2015, 21:14
Thanks Faraway, I would really appreciate your help! We are in the in the process of completing the purchase and hope to have possession by the end of November so if we could contact you nearer the time,that would be great. Its a big relief as its something that's been worrying me��

Faraway
10-10-2015, 21:47
Good luck with your purchase and let me know when you are ready. I can well remember when we bought ours which is in the middle of nowhere. They took us there gave us the keys and left. We suddenly realised we hadnt got a clue where we were, it was getting dark, we had no food, no bedding and nothing to make a fire with.........

I´m sure yours will be much better than that!

Rips2
10-10-2015, 23:29
I'm kind of expecting the same because the owner will have already left so am planning to bring some sleeping bags with us and booking night one in a b&b in Icod. Ours is also remote but we do have neighbours nearby! Will be in touch hopefully soon.

Faraway
13-10-2015, 14:35
Should be ok then, we had to be shown how to work things by the owner and it was hours before he finished moving his stuff out, which is why we got caught out!

Elegance Mary R
11-01-2016, 11:20
Hi, has anyone used a builder in the Icod area that they could recommend please? I need a roof replacing and various other works but must be English speaking as my Spanish is very much a work in progress!

Hi to Faraway, Rips 2 & Greg. Hubby and I are hoping to finally make the move over this year, having bought our house, in El Amparo, just outside of Icod de los Vinos, 10 years ago. It's still very much a work in progress but we have found a great builder, through some resident German friends. He doesn't speak much English, but always brings along a family member as an interpreter for us when we need to discuss work and all phone calls and e-mails are through the interpreter, who works in a hotel and also lived in England, so his services are excellent, although he doesn't charge us anything. If you want contact details then let me know, I will be over in Icod for 8 weeks from 1 March :tiphat:

Rips2
12-01-2016, 21:09
Thanks Mary, we have found a builder now, arranged by the lady we bought the house from so worked out well as they already know the house.
Very envious of your move, hopefully we'll do the same in a few years! Just hopping over as much as we can at the moment, trying to get sorted out!

Elegance Mary R
13-01-2016, 10:12
Thanks Mary, we have found a builder now, arranged by the lady we bought the house from so worked out well as they already know the house.
Very envious of your move, hopefully we'll do the same in a few years! Just hopping over as much as we can at the moment, trying to get sorted out!

I'm really glad you've got your builder sorted out, I hope that everything progresses easily for you and isn't too expensive!:tiphat: