PDA

View Full Version : Education Schools near San Miguel for 13 yr old with little Spanish

r.bartlett
04-10-2015, 20:31
Guy's

We have put a deposit on a house just outside of San Miguel. My 13yr old daughter is looking forward to the move but obviously we need to think about schools.

Our first thought was Wingate but someone warned us that some kids come out barely speaking Spanish because of the English heavy curriculum. That bothers us as we are intending to integrate as much and as quickly as possible. However we have concerns a total Spanish school would be just too much too soon.

With that in mind what does the team think would/where a suitable compromise between the two. Distance isn't too much of an issue within reason as my wife doesn't work.

TIA

Jodietoad
30-05-2016, 19:00
Hi. Did u move in the end and what school did u chose?? We Re hoping to move out within the next year but our son will be 13 then, he also is reallyvlooking forward to it but I'm not sure what to do for the best regarding the schooling.
😀

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

r.bartlett
31-05-2016, 12:17
Hi. Did u move in the end and what school did u chose?? We Re hoping to move out within the next year but our son will be 13 then, he also is reallyvlooking forward to it but I'm not sure what to do for the best regarding the schooling.
��

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi,

we ended up putting her in San Miguel school in La Zoccas.

It's 6 minutes down the road from us. It's an all Spanish school with a few British kids. Don't underestimate the first few months as they can be extremely difficult. How difficult depends on your child's adapting to the new environment