PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Looking for advice

sgreen11
05-10-2015, 22:10
Hi everyone,

I've been looking through several forums and similar posts but still have a few questions I am looking for some advice on.

My partner and I are looking to move to Tenerife in 2016 with our 1 year old son- for 3 years. Maybe longer but for now we are looking at relocating for the 3 years so our son can go to school in the UK when he's 4. We are going in January for a week to look at apartments also.

1.We have a dog and I wanted to know about quarantine? I am aware he can travel on the flight in his cage and will need vaccinations updated before we leave.

2.If we are there and working for 3 years I don't understand what happens with NIE numbers as a page I found says they only issue 2 a year and they last for just 3 months so how does that work? I wanted to work from home and my partner is going to work full-time.

3.With health insurance would our E111s suffice as its temporary or do we need something else?

4.As well as renting our apartment in Tenerife I wanted to if possible rent a car long-term as well, is this feesable?

Thanks!
x

cressrt
06-10-2015, 08:22
For Dogs you just need an up to date Pet Passport, rabies is the main vaccination required. You will need heartworm treatment over here as well, you can do this monthly or annually, would recommend the annual, it is more expensive but most effective. Monthly is usually by drops, like the flea treatment, annually is an injection.

timmylish
06-10-2015, 17:14
On the matter of long term car rental might I sugest you contact our member Mark the owner of AshroAutos. Just google for info you need. If he has a suitable car he will do you a great deal as opposed to one of the bigger boys who will charge a fortune.
To show what kind of people we are on here here is the info you need;-
http://www.ashroautos.com/

bennoa1
08-10-2015, 13:41
Why not buy a car and sell it after 3 years?
Do you have a job or can work from home doing what you do now? Jobs aren't easy to come by and those available are very low paid in comparison to what you may be used to in the UK.
The point you don't raise is your base in the UK. Are you selling up as if prices keep rising you may have to opt for a smaller property when you return.
Where do you plan to stay and presume you will rent long term. What is your budget?
Go in with your eyes wide open as its easy to see it with rose tinted glasses and treat it like a 3 year holiday, which it won't be.
Hope it works out for you.

Stoney
08-10-2015, 18:18
Cheapest way to get your dog to the island is by driving to Cadiz or Huelva in Southern Spain and taking the ferry to Santa Cruz.