PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Looking for a 3 month lease of a hire car

RoseC
07-10-2015, 01:11
I will be in Tenerife from 8th December 2015 to 8th March 2016. Looking for an automatic car for these 3 months to lease at a reasonable cost.

bennoa1
08-10-2015, 13:49
I use these to book a car (but only up to around 2 weeks max):
http://www.arcarhire.com/car-hire/bookings-P2.php
£1,154 for 3 months for the cheapest automatic I can see but worth a call as the Twingo is £900.07 for 3 months which is £300pcm which seems fair.
It a busy time for car rental so you may struggle.

RoseC
08-10-2015, 16:49
Thanks bennoa1

Susief23
08-10-2015, 17:58
I use these to book a car (but only up to around 2 weeks max):
http://www.arcarhire.com/car-hire/bookings-P2.php
£1,154 for 3 months for the cheapest automatic I can see but worth a call as the Twingo is £900.07 for 3 months which is £300pcm which seems fair.
It a busy time for car rental so you may struggle.

I did the same quote a few days ago when I saw the post, but thought was expensive but to be honest for the extra €100 over 3 months I'd book a car with them. Wouldn't leave it too long as tend to book up over Christmas.
Autoreisen are a great car hire company.

You know you can keep checking price and if it goes down then rebook and put hire number to cancel in the comments box.

bennoa1
09-10-2015, 10:24
You know you can keep checking price and if it goes down then rebook and put hire number to cancel in the comments box.

You can. Our airline changed our flight time for December which we booked over 6 months ago and would have lost us almost a full day so we cancelled the flight and got a credit note and re-booked with another airline for the following day which was 60 euros cheaper anyway. Then realised I'd have to change the car hire dates so e-mailed AutoReisen who told me I'd have to re-book and cancel the original booking. I suspected the prices would now be much higher (again booked in April) but got an extra das hire for 20 euros less so win win all around. We used to go with the cheapest car hire but usually worked out to be Orlando but the cars are older and not well maintained plus you have to wait for the bus to pick you up and the last time we used them we were waiting best part of an hour so that was the last time. Other companies sting you for fuel (pay in advance) or for additional drivers but AutoReisen don't. Not so critical if you're hiring for 3 months. Checked a few of the larger hire companies and they don't want to quote for a 3 months period.