PDA

View Full Version : Other Free fares on easy bus journeys

DonnaFranka
07-10-2015, 19:07
Hi.....Have done a booking from Stansted airport to London on easybus and the price came us as 0.00. I paid the 50p for my debit card fee and printed my ticket, so all I paid for the journey is 50p...can I trust that ticket. I have contacted easybus via email but no answer. I have checked the internet and cannot find anything about offers from easybus for free journeys. Can anyone help ? Thanks.

ribuck
08-10-2015, 10:55
Perhaps you accidentally bought a ticket for a 3-year-old child, which would have been free!

Easybus has very mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, so don't count on a smooth experience. What I would do in your position is to board the bus with the ticket that you legitimately bought, but be mentally prepared for the possibility that you might need to pay more, or might be refused boarding and might need to ride the more expensive National Express coach instead.

But I guess the driver will check nothing other than the departure time that is marked on the ticket. I doubt the company expects their drivers to know the pricing policy for their current online promotions.

Good luck! (And please let us know the outcome).

DonnaFranka
08-10-2015, 11:12
Thanks ribuck for your advise. I will do juts that.

I did just now get a message back from Easybus it reads as follows : ..........

Your ticket is still valid
We have some issues with our website but you can still travel on that ticket

Regards
easybus

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

........ So hey ! shall we all jump on the band wagon and get a free ride to/from the airport with Easybus !!!

LUCKY
08-10-2015, 11:32
shall we all jump on the band wagon and get a free ride to/from the airport with Easybus !!!

Your next mission is get all the members of the forum free rides on Easyjet :flatcap:

DonnaFranka
08-10-2015, 14:17
NEWS FLASH....... Easybus has now updated it`s website and the ticket I got yesterday for £0.00 now costs.......wait for it....... £1.95. Still cheap though if you consider that the same journey with National coaches is £12 plus £1 booking fee....SHHH don`t tell anyone...