PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Which bus can I get from Santa Cruz to Tenerife North Airport?

helena246
11-10-2015, 12:48
I am searching on google map for a bus from santa cruz bus station to north airport, the buses they are suggesting all require a 20-28 min walk from bus stop to airport. titsa website give no indication as to how near the bus stop is to the airport, I need to be at the airport by 9am at the lastest
does anyone know of a bus that goes straight into the airport from santa cruz
thanks for any help

Skeggy
11-10-2015, 15:40
I am searching on google map for a bus from santa cruz bus station to north airport, the buses they are suggesting all require a 20-28 min walk from bus stop to airport. titsa website give no indication as to how near the bus stop is to the airport, I need to be at the airport by 9am at the lastest
thanks for any help

The 102 to Puerto De La Cruz calls at the north airport and I certainly don't think any walking is involved it drops you at the door, the first one runs from the Cambiador at 7:40 and then every half hour. Check it out as there may have been some changes, my timetable is June 2015. But as previously advised a taxi may be a better bet.

LUCKY
11-10-2015, 15:53
thanks for any help

Try the 102 service:flatcap:
http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=linea&IdLinea=102

helena246
11-10-2015, 17:35
The 102 to Puerto De La Cruz calls at the north airport and I certainly don't think any walking is involved it drops you at the door, the first one runs from the Cambiador at 7:40 and then every half hour. Check it out as there may have been some changes, my timetable is June 2015. But as previously advised a taxi may be a better bet.

thanks for that
how long does this journey take on the 102

essexeddie
11-10-2015, 18:31
Takes just under an hour to drive by car.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Btw. Get a bus to Santa Cruze then a 975 bus or a 111 bus south.

Skeggy
11-10-2015, 21:00
thanks for that
how long does this journey take on the 102

Sorry I can't help with the time of the journey, but the 102 is an express service the airport is about eight miles from Santa Cruz, go on the 7:40 and you'll be there before 9:00 for sure. If in Santa Cruz there is information available at the bus station. Intercambiador.

kingbaker
11-10-2015, 21:15
I used to fly into TFN and preferred it. There was a bus ourside...a 320 I think to Santa Cruz and on to LC/ LA.
When you come out of the airport go to the extreme right bus stop and it's there.
It could have been changed tho' ;)

ribuck
12-10-2015, 11:58
As Skeggy said, the 7:40 route 102 will get you there in loads of time. It leaves from the top deck of the Intercambiador, and drops you right at the door of the airport terminal (no walking). The journey is timetabled at 22 minutes, but at that time of day traffic can cause delays.

The following bus (8.10 weekdays or 8.05 weekends) should also get you there well before 9, but I always like to allow for the possibility of breakdown or cancellation so I would get the 7:40.

Not sure what essexeddie is smoking. Maybe he missed the bit about "north".

I am searching on google map for a bus from santa cruz bus station to north airport, the buses they are suggesting all require a 20-28 min walk from bus stop to airport.

Heh, Google messes this one up. It you look at their public transport map, it shows the dot for "Tenerife Norte Airport" right in the middle of the runway, and shows a 20-28min walking route taking you right onto the runway. In practice, it's sufficient to get off the bus when it stops outside the terminal entrance, and skip the runway walk.

kingbaker
12-10-2015, 12:02
Am I wrong abour the other bus ....320..... or.......340 ?

kingbaker
12-10-2015, 12:04
As Skeggy said, the 7:40 route 102 will get you there in loads of time. It leaves from the top deck of the Intercambiador, and drops you right at the door of the airport terminal (no walking). The journey is timetabled at 22 minutes, but at that time of day traffic can cause delays.

The following bus (8.10 weekdays or 8.05 weekends) should also get you there well before 9, but I always like to allow for the possibility of breakdown or cancellation so I would get the 7:40.

Not sure what essexeddie is smoking. Maybe he missed the bit about "north".

Heh, Google messes this one up. It you look at their public transport map, it shows the dot for "Tenerife Norte Airport" right in the middle of the runway, and shows a 20-28min walking route taking you right onto the runway. In practice, it's sufficient to get off the bus when it stops outside the terminal entrance, and skip the runway walk.

Well thats a relief!!!:p

LUCKY
12-10-2015, 13:31

Is that the time they leave or the fare , I have inquired with TITSA and apparently no such services exists . as displayed on their web site.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=planificaViaje1

kingbaker
12-10-2015, 17:47
Bus no. Been a couple of years since I flew to TFN:confused:

willowlily
12-10-2015, 20:04

I think you mean the 343 which goes from puert cruz to los cristianos via santa cruz, north and south airport
no good for early flights though

kingbaker
12-10-2015, 20:35
I think you mean the 343 which goes from puert cruz to los cristianos via santa cruz, north and south airport
no good for early flights though

Yeah I think you're right;)

ribuck
13-10-2015, 12:07
The 343 doesn't call at Santa Cruz.

Kingbaker, the airport bus routes were reorganized about 5 years ago, so I guess your route numbers operated until then.

kingbaker
13-10-2015, 12:12
Yes thanks. In 2005 ish Ryanair started to fly to TFN only and the bus down to PDLA/LOS CRIS was good with air conditioning on the coach. Enjoyed the views of the windmills etc.:p:p

essexeddie
13-10-2015, 23:52
I meant an hours run from Santa Cruz to the south. I think we all know that its not an hour run from the north airport to Santa Cruz. Jeez!

Glenn111
19-10-2015, 14:54
We have recently gone from the bus station in Santa crus to Los christionas. And it stopped at the north airport and the south airport . I think it is 343

LUCKY
19-10-2015, 15:26
We have recently gone from the bus station in Santa crus to Los christionas. And it stopped at the north airport and the south airport . I think it is 343

Did you mean you had recently gone from Puerto De La Cruz ?
Below is the route of the 343
with the bus stop numbers
:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

PUERTO DE LA CRUZ (4040)
El Risco (4042)
TUCÁN (4043)
LA PAZ (4044)
AIRPORT NORTH (4537)
AIRPORT TENERIFE SUR (7571)
CHRISTIANS (7140)
MAGMA (7944)
SEASON Costa Adeje (7142)

Glenn111
19-10-2015, 15:43
Yes you are right I ment to say Puerto de la cruz. I shall blame it on the auto correction on my apple phone ha ha ha

Glenn111
19-10-2015, 15:51
When we got the 343 from the south airport it didn't stop at Puerto de la cruz bus station but at the top of a hill some were a bout 15 minutes away. When I mentioned this to the driver he said this is the end of the line. We then had to get a taxi to the bus station!What you think?

LUCKY
19-10-2015, 16:01
When we got the 343 from the south airport it didn't stop at Puerto de la cruz bus station but at the top of a hill some were a bout 15 minutes away. When I mentioned this to the driver he said this is the end of the line. We then had to get a taxi to the bus station!What you think?

Yes the driver was correct the bus stop is near Calle el pozo :flatcap:

christina1608
19-10-2015, 18:31
teneriffaplus.de

there you find all, very good lists .....

LUCKY
19-10-2015, 19:04
teneriffaplus.de

there you find all, very good lists .....

Not that good for Titsa bus no mention of the 415 that goes to TFS :flatcap:

Megaloo
19-10-2015, 22:23

The old Bus Station is right opposite where the buses finish now same area They just stop in the street instead of turning down into Bus Station??