PDA

View Full Version : French Air Traffic Control

carol & steve
16-10-2015, 23:25
Does anyone know if French air traffic controllers were on strike last Thursday 8 October? Been trying to find out but not getting very far. Thanks

TOTO 99
17-10-2015, 07:14
Does anyone know if French air traffic controllers were on strike last Thursday 8 October? Been trying to find out but not getting very far. Thanks

According to this, yes;...:tiphat:

http://www.travelbureaugosforth.com/news

macdonald5
17-10-2015, 08:19

Yes they were, friends of ours went back to Manchester and were some 3 hours late due to French Air traffic controllers and we noticed many Ryanair flights had delays that day

carol & steve
17-10-2015, 13:09
Yes we were travelling back to Manchester with Ryanair that night too, which is why I was asking as we were told the air traffic controllers were on strike so wouldn't be able to claim any compensation for our 4 hour delay. Just seemed a bit strange that it only seemed to be affecting Ryanair flights and wondered if they were trying to pull a fast one, especially when on boarding we were told there was no hot food as the plane we were on wasn't the one we were supposed to be on!! Thanks for answers though.

macdonald5
17-10-2015, 13:19
Yes we were travelling back to Manchester with Ryanair that night too, which is why I was asking as we were told the air traffic controllers were on strike so wouldn't be able to claim any compensation for our 4 hour delay. Just seemed a bit strange that it only seemed to be affecting Ryanair flights and wondered if they were trying to pull a fast one, especially when on boarding we were told there was no hot food as the plane we were on wasn't the one we were supposed to be on!! Thanks for answers though.

Our friends were not with Ryanair, either EasyJet or Jet2 that flight
I had been checking flights that day and noticed lots of Ryanair delays
Also hear Ryanair other 'get out compensation clause' is 'someone taking ill over Ireland, have to land, person dies so crew out of flying time ' !!!
3 different holiday friends on differing flights were told this after delays !!
Interesting !!