PDA

View Full Version : Positions availabke

Shelbygt
17-10-2015, 12:42
My wife and I have 3 kids looking to relocate to tenerife.
I am wondering what jobs are available I have a proven track record in car sales have also tried property in uk.

I would be happy to have a change of career also.

Any advice or offers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Megaloo
17-10-2015, 13:03
Firstly how good is your Spanish? I think that is the first thing to be considered especially in any Sales job

Shelbygt
17-10-2015, 13:05
Spanish is good not fluent as yet but working on it.
Im not just looking at sales jobs anything would be considered we just need away from uk nothing here for us kids are miserable si time for a change.

LUCKY
17-10-2015, 13:48
I am wondering what jobs are available I have a proven track record in car sales have also tried property in uk.

Thanks

Might be worth a try as they say nothing ventured nothing gained :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.yourjobcenter.info/tenerife-job/

Shelbygt
17-10-2015, 20:04
Thanks already looked on just about every website but nothing within motor industry. If anyone knows of anything please let me know. I would also like to know what living on the island us like views from folks who have done it.

cressrt
17-10-2015, 21:30
You may not like this but, to put it bluntly, you do not have anything unique to offer, there are people here who speak 3 or more languages, including Spanish who struggle to make a living. To work in either industry you mention you really need to be fluent in Spanish and understand the market here, as that is who you are competing against.
Unless you have a money to support yourselves for at least 6-12 months you are better staying where you are. Search through this and other sites on the internet and you will see there are lots of people like yourselves who want to make a move; it is not easy, especially with children.
The UK has more free services than anywhere else, e,g health, welfare and support, it does not exist here unless you have paid in and continue to do so, when you stop so does the support!

Shelbygt
17-10-2015, 23:48
Can i ask if you live there and what you do? I never said i only speak english and am not yet fluent spanish but working on it i also speak fluent french. We are certainly not intending on living like kings and queens we like the laid back lifestyle we just want a bit of decent weather in a place where we arent having to work all the hours god sends here. You say uk has free health etc thats the reason doctors over here dont care give you cheap tablets and send you on your way. I realise healthcare in spain does not come cheap as our last visit my wife ended up with pneumonia but the care provided was second to none.
Also I know people who have moved and wouldnt come back they left with less than nothing. Like i said im not fussy for working in either industry. My wife is an award winning hair stylist to trade and also a very accomplished face painter.
I on the other have also done some work with kids with behavioural issues eg asd pda adhd etc.
I do however appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinion. But its more advice on where best to look for a job and property are there any areas better off eg is north more affluent in business than the south or vice versa. Are properties more expensive in the south than north etc.
Thanks

cressrt
18-10-2015, 08:40
We have lived here for about 10 years now, and are retired. We are both Dive Instructors and worked here for a number of years before it became too overcrowded with Instructors and centers and not enough people diving, the crisis had a big effect.
We planned our move for over 3 years before actually moving, going into it in great detail, including a very detailed spreadsheet which a 10 year forecast on cash flow, income expenditure etc.
In respect of where to live, I would not choose a tourist area, but that is a personal opinion. Property is cheaper to buy and usually rent away from these areas. There are pros and cons for both the North and South of the Island and where you look at will depend on your personal requirements and where work may be available.
For work, this is very difficult over here, there are a lot more people looking than jobs, the pay is very low and not all are legal i.e. no contract given. I'm afraid hairdressing is a very popular one and there are some who will have similar experience and qualifications as your wife, and yes I would expect she will be able to get work. There are a lot of sales related work around but many of these are commission only or have a very poor basic, tourist industry based. For the other work you mentioned, if you have formal qualifications you can try to get them recognised here.
When we moved here there was not the numbers of people looking to relocate, the growth of the EU has meant that the numbers have mushroomed but the opportunities have not; also the crisis had a huge effect and the island is still struggling to recover.
If you choose to make the move, look at everything in minute detail, consider all options and ensure you have a fall back plan. Whatever you choose good luck!

Shelbygt
18-10-2015, 14:03
My wife is looking for work in loro parque or jungle park. I would be quite happy with anything thats going to give us enough to live on.

bulldog
18-10-2015, 15:53

Thanks

forget motor trade,look at selling in property or timeshare I came in 1986 with 4 kids I,ve done O.K. don,t burn any bridges in U.K.
rent for 3 months make sure the place you rent is suitable it makes a real difference three kids in 2 bed appt. is a no,no if you are
happy at home you,re in with a chance and take it serious your won,t be a tourist so don,t live that life style no one will help you
believe me I,ve been down a few bad roads everyone,s got a good idea for your money google estate agents, timeshare companies
in Tenerife put yourself out there the only people in my opinion who can survive in Tenerife right now are really switched on sales
persons.Good Luck !!

Megaloo
18-10-2015, 16:23
My wife is looking for work in loro parque or jungle park. I would be quite happy with anything thats going to give us enough to live on.

I can only say re Loro Parque a friend of mine who has lived here for 25 years would have loved a job at Loro Parque after being made redundant but she was unable to get one

LUCKY
18-10-2015, 17:36

Maybe this site may assist :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&city1=London&country2=Spain&city2=Santa+Cruz+De+Tenerife