PDA

View Full Version : Carbon mono detectors

Malteser Monkey
18-10-2015, 01:34
As some of you were aware tonight I just got back home from a visit, unpacked, put washing on, OH out watching Rugby bla bla. Was just going to bed when the CM detector went off.

Cut a long story short - changed batteries etc but still going off.

Easy to say oh it's the detector - anyway phoned the emergency number they said someone would be here within 2 hours.

30 mins later someone here checked everything, and I mean all gas appliances, thankfully it was my detector - it's only 2/3 years old.

But what do you do ? Go to bed or ..............

Now I can go to sleep and wake up !

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Quick spell check ................looks fine:D

LUCKY
18-10-2015, 12:00
As some of you were aware tonight I just got back home from a visit, unpacked, put washing on, OH out watching Rugby bla bla. Was just going to bed when the CM detector went off.

Easy to say oh it's the detector - anyway phoned the emergency number they said someone would be here within 2 hours.

30 mins later someone here checked everything, and I mean all gas appliances, thankfully it was my detector - it's only 2/3 years old.

Quick spell check ................looks fine:D

Thank goodness you are ok. Here is a link this once happened to me on my return from the rock as you say they came out within half hour , But my gas was escaping from outside hence the road was dug up and 5 hours later i had the gas back on. :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.uswitch.com/energy-saving/guides/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/

Malteser Monkey
18-10-2015, 12:45
Thank goodness you are ok. Here is a link this once happened to me on my return from the rock as you say they came out within half hour , But my gas was escaping from outside hence the road was dug up and 5 hours later i had the gas back on. :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.uswitch.com/energy-saving/guides/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/

Thanks for that Lucky - it was a bit scary I was cream crackered and just wanted my bed !

kingbaker
18-10-2015, 15:26
No change there then!!:p

JaBBa
18-10-2015, 19:58
I thought you only used coal lol....

kingbaker
18-10-2015, 20:21
and dug it out yourself!!:p:p

marbro8
18-10-2015, 22:51

Quick spell check ................looks fine:Das a gas engineer. i have to attend these cmd's when they go off. and our policy is to cap the gas meter off and send the occupants to hospital to get tested for any signs of carbon monoxide in the blood. then if they come back negative. we reinstate the gas and then test all appliances. so if you are worried just go and get tested in the morning;) but i wouldn't have thought that national grid would have left the appliances on if they had deemed them dangerous in any way;)

Malteser Monkey
19-10-2015, 09:13
I thought you only used coal lol....

Oi !

and dug it out yourself!!:p:p

Oi Oi !!

as a gas engineer. i have to attend these cmd's when they go off. and our policy is to cap the gas meter off and send the occupants to hospital to get tested for any signs of carbon monoxide in the blood. then if they come back negative. we reinstate the gas and then test all appliances. so if you are worried just go and get tested in the morning;) but i wouldn't have thought that national grid would have left the appliances on if they had deemed them dangerous in any way;)

No he tested everywhere even the Cooker !

Glenn111
19-10-2015, 14:38
There's a use buy date on the back of the detector. Most people don't know. It's about 2 years! Well done for your actions

Glenn111
19-10-2015, 14:44
Mine when off every time we had a coal fire?if the coal was very dusty

Malteser Monkey
19-10-2015, 15:18
There's a use buy date on the back of the detector. Most people don't know. It's about 2 years! Well done for your actions

Well there you go will look when I get home - glad someone on here sees my side :whistle::D

marbro8
19-10-2015, 18:50
Oi !

Oi Oi !!

No he tested everywhere even the Cooker !as long as none of your family has any signs of dizziness nausea headache etc. then you will be fine:wink:

Malteser Monkey
19-10-2015, 21:18
as long as none of your family has any signs of dizziness nausea headache etc. then you will be fine:wink:

Thanks Marbro I'm fine there was only me in and as for dizziness - bring on the comments:whistle:

We all need to be aware don't we, there's only me n him here. Thanks tho - they said in work that's what those guys are on stand by are for.

marbro8
19-10-2015, 21:26
Thanks Marbro I'm fine there was only me in and as for dizziness - bring on the comments:whistle:

We all need to be aware don't we, there's only me n him here. Thanks tho - they said in work that's what those guys are on stand by are for.trust me. trust them. i have been through the training every 5 years. we leave no stone unturned. we are tested more often than doctors:crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
20-10-2015, 09:07
trust me. trust them. i have been through the training every 5 years. we leave no stone unturned. we are tested more often than doctors:crylaughing:

prevention better than cure an' all that eh

Thanks you've put my mind a rest.

LindaD
22-10-2015, 22:04

We all need to be aware don't we, there's only me n him here. Thanks tho - they said in work that's what those guys are on stand by are for.

That's sounds like a scary experience Malty, glad it all worked out ok and Marbro seems to know what he's talking about. Isn't this forum great though for helping you out, you just type in a problem and someone comes along with a sensible answer - well most of the time :whistle: thanks guys :tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
23-10-2015, 08:15
That's sounds like a scary experience Malty, glad it all worked out ok and Marbro seems to know what he's talking about. Isn't this forum great though for helping you out, you just type in a problem and someone comes along with a sensible answer - well most of the time :whistle: thanks guys :tiphat:

hmmm yes sometimes but hey ho:D

LindaD
24-10-2015, 00:18
hmmm yes sometimes but hey ho:D

Yea, but no, but yea.................:wink2:

TOTO 99
24-10-2015, 10:02

I've seen some shameful things typed on here when people are drunk but this one there's no excusing.......:laugh: