PDA

View Full Version : being able to play petanque in the south of Tenerife

understand
24-10-2015, 08:22
Hello I have just come back from Tenerife with the idea that my hubby and I could back there as we so enjoyed it we tried to find the "boules area" to watch the game - we love to play petanque and if we went Tenerife for a couple of months as planned next year we had hoped to bring along our boules and get a game the idea of play 3 or 4 times a week seemed a great idea to us PLEASE ADVSIE SOMEONE WOULD WE ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO TO THIS our moving plans it would be great if someone could give us honest advice re this

thanks in advance Kate

understand
24-10-2015, 08:59
hello thanks very much for your quick reply we actually live in France at the moment but we only play boules once a week - I know it may seem strange to have this as a deciding factor in moving to Tenerife- we also loved the weather and area of Fanabe where we hired a villa with our family - the plus factor for me is the direct flights from Edinburgh where our family live - here in France October to April we have to take 2 flights to see them and often the journey takes us 12 hours - very tiring
thanks again for your quick reply
good weekend to you
Kate

LUCKY
24-10-2015, 11:01
Hello I have just come back from Tenerife with the idea that my hubby and I could back there as we so enjoyed it we tried to find the "boules area" to watch the game - we love to play petanque and if we went Tenerife for a couple of months as planned next year we had hoped to bring along our boules and get a game the idea of play 3 or 4 times a week seemed a great idea to us PLEASE ADVSIE SOMEONE WOULD WE ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO TO THIS our moving plans it would be great if someone could give us honest advice re this

thanks in advance Kate

An old thread but may be worth a look :flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?37187-Where-can-I-play-boules-or-petanque-in-Tenerife

understand
24-10-2015, 15:21
hello

thank you very much for your reply

much appreciated

good weekend to you
cheers
kate

understand
25-10-2015, 07:19
Hello Lucky

Thanks for "the old thread" I have read them all and it does seem that the idea of just going to have a game of boules may be more difficult - unless we are actually living in Tenerife for a long time which is a shame as we only plan to go for a month to have a look around and get the feel of the place - just for interest - we are not "party folks" but would like to use the buses rather than hire a car ( we got strung with that last week= the car hire what rip-off!!
If you get a minute can you tell me where would be a good place to stay do you know of any nice apartments to hire?? we stayed in a place called "Fanabe" which we liked and Adele was good as near the restaurants etc
Thanks in advance
kate

thanks

AndyG
30-03-2016, 14:48
I am thinking of taking up Petanque as there is a court here in Playa San Juan. Can anyone recommend a shop in the south where I can buy the necessary equipment, please? I know that I can order it online, but I would prefer to buy it from a shop! Maybe someone is a member of a club and has some equipment that they no longer need. If so, I would be happy to buy it from them.

Thanks!

Moderator_
30-03-2016, 22:20
I am thinking of taking up Petanque as there is a court here in Playa San Juan. Can anyone recommend a shop in the south where I can buy the necessary equipment, please? I know that I can order it online, but I would prefer to buy it from a shop! Maybe someone is a member of a club and has some equipment that they no longer need. If so, I would be happy to buy it from them.

Thanks!

If you drive from Playa San Juan through Agua Dulce and on up through Piedra Hincada you will come to a restaurant on the RH side of the road called Restaurante La Ginguette (used to be called Sabanita). There are 2 petanque "lanes" there and the owner is French but she speaks good English. I'm sure she would know where to buy boules in Tenerife.

Margaretta
09-04-2016, 19:10
A British group plays every Thursday afternoon at 'Flicks Bar' near Montana Amarilla. Lots of groups of many nationalities play boules on lanes by the Crazy Golf in Los Cristianos and there is an association there. A group called 'The Swallows' partake in many such activities and are open for people like us who visit over winter and Spring. They have a website but sorry...I have forgotten it. It does involve 'the swallows'.